Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:50:52 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  El Hazard: Battle for Rashtaria
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: El Hazard: Battle for Rashtaria  (Read 4273 times)
Triple_R
Demon God(ess)

I love El-Hazard!

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2006, 09:41:49 am »

One of my favourite PC games is "Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth". In this game, you choose one of four sides (Gondor, Rohan, Isengard, or Mordor), and you are given certain base-types, building-types, military-units, hero-types, and special bonus' for each of those four sides. The game is, in many ways, a LotR version of Age of Empires. I found it outstanding, and a joy to play.

After watching El Hazard, and reading a few El Hazard fan fics, it occured to me that we could have a very similiar game with El Hazard.

You could be limited to the Alliance, and the Bugrum (maybe a smart game maker could extend it to three, with the Shadow Tribe, but you'd need to get inventive), but even then, I think it would be loads of fun.

For Rashtaria, you could have a "central pilliar" of the royal palace of Floristica. Building structures could include a battle lab (for upgrades), a barracks (for soldiers), a bar (for greater cash influx, and also opening up Mr. Fujisawa as a recruitable character), a temple (for greater troop morale, and also opening up the three Priestesses as a recruitable characters), a food court (for greater cash influx, and also opening up Nanami as a recruitable character), and a hangar bay (for opening up larger Rashtarian machines, particularly flying machines). Makoto, Rune Venus, and Ura could be recruited immediately, and each have special abilities (i.e. machines would work more efficiently with Makoto within a certain radius of them).

For the Bugrum, you could have a "central pillar" of the Hive. Building structures could include a breeding facility (for soldiers), a Statue of Jinnai (for higher morale for soldiers), a Demon God Tomb (to make Ifurita a recruitable character), a food storage facility (for more cash influx), and a war machines factory (for larger war machines). Jinnai, Diva, and Groucho, would all be recruitable characters, each with their own special abilities (i.e. any bugrum within a certain radius of the Jinnai character would get a morale upgrade, making his attack stronger).

I certainly don't have the ability/skill to make a game like this, but I'm wondering what everybody here thinks of the concept. :)
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 02:21:20 pm »

I always thought that Starcraft lent itself well to this sort of idea since the game's three races lend themselves to easy comparison to those of El-Hazard:

Zerg: An insectoid race.

Protoss: A psychic race (with blue skin, even!).

Terran: Humans.

Of course, Starcraft utilizes a lot of high technology in its battle skirmishes, whereas technology in El-Hazard, while present, tends to be more in the background.

I toyed with the idea of creating an El-Hazard scenerio using Starcraft's versatile campaign creator, but was ultimately too lazy to do so. ^^;

The 1337 poster
Triple_R
Demon God(ess)

I love El-Hazard!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 09:55:42 pm »

I always thought that Starcraft lent itself well to this sort of idea since the game's three races lend themselves to easy comparison to those of El-Hazard:

Zerg: An insectoid race.

There's actually an excellent AMV (Anime Music Video) called "Radio Free Bugrum" that combines the Zerg with the Bugrum. You have pictures of Jinnai essentially lip-singing the Overmind's voice, and it also features Diva prominently.

Protoss: A psychic race (with blue skin, even!).

Cool! :)
I never noticed that before.

Terran: Humans.

Of course, Starcraft utilizes a lot of high technology in its battle skirmishes, whereas technology in El-Hazard, while present, tends to be more in the background.

That's true.

I toyed with the idea of creating an El-Hazard scenerio using Starcraft's versatile campaign creator, but was ultimately too lazy to do so. ^^;

It would take a lot of work. If you do decide to try it again, though, you could simply use Kerrigan (Zerg leader) as Jinnai. The two are very similiar (both are humans turned leaders of insectiod alien races).
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 08:38:49 am »

There's actually an excellent AMV (Anime Music Video) called "Radio Free Bugrum" that combines the Zerg with the Bugrum. You have pictures of Jinnai essentially lip-singing the Overmind's voice, and it also features Diva prominently.

Yup! Infact, that AMV, along with a couple others (including the hilarious Habba Habba Zoot Zoot) are available on this Website, under Goodies -> Media. ^_^V

SERVE THE HIVE.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 08:39:12 am by spanner » Logged

The 1337 poster
Triple_R
Demon God(ess)

I love El-Hazard!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 09:55:55 am »

Yup! Infact, that AMV, along with a couple others (including the hilarious Habba Habba Zoot Zoot) are available on this Website, under Goodies -> Media. ^_^V

SERVE THE HIVE.

I love Habba Habba Zoot Zoot too!  ^_^V
The expression on Makato and Fujisawa's faces at key points in the AMV are priceless!  ;D
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines