Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:02:25 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Scanned Artbook Page Identification?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Scanned Artbook Page Identification?  (Read 4180 times)
pknights
« on: December 02, 2005, 09:36:44 am »

So, I just registered here so I could look at some of the artbooks that are posted.  I'm hoping to use them as reference for some animations I'm doing.

However, since the pages are only identified by number, and not by what's on them, it'll take me a considerable amount of time to go through and find all the significant 'Bugrom' pics, concept sketches, frames and backgrounds that I need.

I do see that I could, alternatively, download the entire artbook, but then I may end up simply downloading them all, since I'm not sure what I'll find in each.  I don't think this would be appropriate (given the whole rant about bandwidth) without at least posting on the forums or asking about it, so now I'm here.

So, that's my situation.  Do I just start downloading 100s of Megs off the site?  Or is there a compromise that can be worked out?  Or is there something I'm supposed to do first?

/discuss
tuffy
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 11:32:37 pm »

Pages 84 through 98 of the "OAV Artbook" are all Bugrom sketches meant for use by the animators.  Pages 71 through 78 of the "TV Artbook" are very similar but might also be helpful.  I've even got a couple in one of my cels if you need colorization ideas.
Icy EyeG
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

No El-Hazard, no life!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 03:14:04 pm »

I'm hoping to use them as reference for some animations I'm doing

Making some animations for some El-Hazard story? That would be interesting...  :)

However, since the pages are only identified by number, and not by what's on them, it'll take me a considerable amount of time to go through and find all the significant 'Bugrom' pics, concept sketches, frames and backgrounds that I need.

I think it isn't very easy to identify all the pages of the books... All the contributers do this as a hobby, and doing this for hundreds of pages would take weeks...

But, if your're really on to animation, I really suggest you buy the books (get them on e-bay), because this way you can get the hole thing much better (you don't have any headaches with the bandwidth and you can get resolution calibrated images for tracing, chromakeying, advanced masking....).
Moreover, don't forget that this stuff is AIC/Pionner copyright. So, I do think that the scans around here are just for fan's reference. If you really want to use them on a project, buy the books (that's what I did, I bought all the books  ;) ).
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 03:18:25 pm by ice_eyeg » Logged

pknights
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 06:41:12 pm »

First, thanks for the replies.  The Bugrom stuff I've found thanks to the suggestions are great!  However, I also need to find some shots of scenes with Diva, and wide-shots of the Bugrom Homeland.  I'm not just interested in the character design, but the entire Bugrom setting.

Secondly, I intend to just use this stuff for reference.  I just needed something to glimpse at and get a general jist of.  See where things are going and so forth.  While some might like the idea of doing a fan-anime of El Hazard, that's really not what I'm working on.  Though it's nice to know there's an audience for that.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines