Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:09:34 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Problems with the site
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Problems with the site  (Read 4406 times)
terthna
« on: October 28, 2005, 07:02:06 pm »

Hello, I'm really sorry to bother anyone, but I can't view any images hosted on the site. I was wondering, is it a problem with the site, or do I have to reconfigure my browser in some way. I've tried with both Firefox and IE, and nothing is being blocked that I can tell, so if anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it.

I can't even see the smileys on the message board.
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 07:15:40 pm »

I don't know what to tell you.  I'm seeing everything fine and there's nothing non-standard about the server.  The only thing I have enabled is anti-hotlink protection which would prevent you from seeing these images from an off-site location... I dunno if perhaps that's your problem somehow?

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
terthna
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 07:24:59 pm »

I just tried to enter the site name in google and enter through there. Somehow that worked. I did first find this sight through google image so that might have been the problem. Thanks for your help.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 09:28:03 pm »

Are you trying to access the site from school or a public library? Or if from home, does your browser or PC have some "parental controls" or security settings that might block incoming images (if IE was set up this way, you might have accidentally imported these same settings when you installed Firefox)?

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
terthna
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 10:26:50 pm »

No, none of those things were the problem. I think the anti-hotlink protection keeps people who access the site from anything but a normal google search from seeing any images hosted on the site. I've since tried a google image search again and simply entering the url, and both result in images refusing to load. I think entering the site from anything other than clicking on a link results in no images. I'm not sure if the entering the url manualy problem is just because I first found the site through an image search, but if it isn't just me than you may want to look into getting that fixed.

edit: Nevermind, I just figured out the problem. Apparently the image search sent me to the site without the "www." in the url. Not only that, but when I entered the url I ommited the "www." and just typed "el-hazardonline.net". It seems that entering the url in that manner takes you to the site, but somehow won't let the images load. I think the anti-hotlinking protection keeps images from loading unless the full url is entered.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 10:39:31 pm by terthna » Logged
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 12:17:34 am »

edit: Nevermind, I just figured out the problem. Apparently the image search sent me to the site without the "www." in the url. Not only that, but when I entered the url I ommited the "www." and just typed "el-hazardonline.net". It seems that entering the url in that manner takes you to the site, but somehow won't let the images load. I think the anti-hotlinking protection keeps images from loading unless the full url is entered.

Haha, you were right.  "el-hazardonline.net" is not the same as "www.el-hazardonline.net".  Oh well, I went ahead and enabled both to work, image-wise.  Though each one also stories unique cookies at this point, so you're only logged in to one or the other...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 12:17:57 am by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines