Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:42:39 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Enter The Weasel (goodies inside)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Enter The Weasel (goodies inside)  (Read 4899 times)
wildweasel
Londs' Screen Time

ICQ Messenger - 240668208 AOL Instant Messenger - wildweasellemon Yahoo Instant Messenger - wildweasel68k
View Profile WWW Email
« on: October 20, 2005, 12:56:41 pm »

Don't let the topic name fool you - I'm neither a Bruce Lee wannabe, nor do I have the intention of just letting this be an "OMGOMG HI IM NEWB" topic.

I'm actually a pretty big fan of El-Hazard (what I've seen of it - which is the first two OAV's and the first three episodes of The Wanderers, plus the GBA port of the Saturn game). I found this website when I was trying to find the GBA game again, and discovered the Goodies section, plus scans of the deck of playing cards.

Now, I also happen to have a copy of Silver Creek Entertainment's Hardwood Solitaire 3, which has a deck creator function in it. How is this relevant, though, you might ask?

Well, I digitized the cards into the game. There are quite a few bugs with them (a few seams, the cards don't scale down very well, the cards aren't perfectly aligned, and I couldn't remove the number font, so there are redundant markings on them), but I must say that I'm proud of this accomplishment.

Heck, I even did the jokers.

For those interested (and those that have Hardwood Solitaire 3, which can be downloaded here), I've uploaded the deck installer to RapidShare until I can get someone to host it (perhaps link it from the EHO main page?).

Download the deck: http://rapidshare.de/files/6531208/El-Hazard__Magnificent_World.hwdck.html

And a screenshot of it in action:

<edit> Oh dear, I guess this should have been in the El-Hazard topical discussion forum, shouldn't it? If a moderator could kindly fix that for me please... ^_^
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 01:04:16 pm by wildweasel » Logged

Not all who wander are lost. Just me.
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 07:45:15 am »

Very nicely done!

Welcome to the boards, by the way! We're kinda past our days of glory here, but there are still several of us around. ^_^V

The 1337 poster
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars &amp; Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 10:14:59 pm »

Welcome to the board Weasel! Good to have some fresh blood. Maybe we can jumpstart this place again? ^^; El-Hazard is simply the greatest anime of all time.

<edit> Oh dear, I guess this should have been in the El-Hazard topical discussion forum, shouldn't it? If a moderator could kindly fix that for me please... ^_^

Done and done.

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
wildweasel
Londs' Screen Time

ICQ Messenger - 240668208 AOL Instant Messenger - wildweasellemon Yahoo Instant Messenger - wildweasel68k
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 10:38:32 pm »

Heh, thanks! I'm amazed that more people haven't heard of El-Hazard at this point...every time I see a "what's your favorite anime" thread on any other message board, I always mention El-Hazard, but everybody else is too busy debating over which version of Gundam is better (or how anime sucks and we should all die because our tastes have been completely shot - true story).

proplayer1
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 11:27:08 pm »

Hi every one im proplayer1 the best online gamer i play many games like tantra online khan online ragnarok online risingforce online and gunbound online specialy im a big fun of el hazard for me it is a honor to be register in el hazard online if you need some help in any game please put in forum and i shall replay and PM your character anyone who is a big fun of el hazard i shall help you level up in any online game in the world i love el hazard more then my online games character idol ko ang el hazard  :) ;) :D ;D
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars &amp; Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 07:53:52 pm »

Heh, thanks! I'm amazed that more people haven't heard of El-Hazard at this point...every time I see a "what's your favorite anime" thread on any other message board, I always mention El-Hazard, but everybody else is too busy debating over which version of Gundam is better (or how anime sucks and we should all die because our tastes have been completely shot - true story).

El-Hazard is, in part, overshadowed by AIC's flagship franchise Tenchi Muyo. Even the mighty Bubblegum Crisis has fallen largely into obscurity (no doubt, the disasterous TV remake T2120 helped contribute). It's a shame, but it may also be a good thing? At least our beloved series will probably never fall prey to the fan pretentions that plague series like Tenchi and Gundam!

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
wildweasel
Londs' Screen Time

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 01:57:29 am »

Well, I'm working on an El-Hazard fanfiction at the moment (taking into account the events of MW1 and 2, but completely ignoring AW) - would such a thing be accepted on the website?

I also intend to remake the El-Hazard card deck - the way I did it before was just a straight image-cropping session. I could easily remake it into a better version that scales down better (by seperating the pips, numbers, and portraits and implementing them as individual elements instead of just one large image). Not sure when I'll get to this - my fanfiction takes priority.

Since I do intend to share the fanfiction with you guys, here's the basic idea.

A year after the events of MW2 (the Trigger For Destruction incident, and Mr. Fujisawa's wedding), Makoto turns up missing from the palace. Everybody starts getting worried about it, particularly Rune Venus, who sets out on her own to look for him. She is never heard from again. Meanwhile, instead of sending out a search party for both of them, Fatora takes control of Roshtaria for herself.

A man named Rafael Parker is just driving to his mother's house when a storm comes out of nowhere. A few rogue lightning blasts send several cars off the road, and eventually one strikes his car, triggering a reaction that sends him to El-Hazard. He meets up with a caravan headed for Roshtaria, and ultimately ends up at the palace right before Nanami and the three Priestesses (Shayla, Afura, and...whoever the third one will be, I haven't decided) set out to find the two missing people.

I've got the prologue and the first chapter finished already, and I'm working on Chapter 2 (in which a member of the caravan explains to Rafael about the legend surrounding Makoto's appearance). I intend to upload the results to my webspace for all to enjoy.

Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 10:58:43 am »

Well, I'm working on an El-Hazard fanfiction at the moment (taking into account the events of MW1 and 2, but completely ignoring AW) - would such a thing be accepted on the website?

I never really got into stocking fanfiction, mostly because a member named MrWhat already kind of took care of making a mass linkage collection for me.  See "El-Hazard Fan Fiction Links" from the main page links section.  But you're free to discuss it here and link to it and all that stuff.  You'll probably just need to get into MrWhat's linking system and then you'll be indirectly connected to this site.

As far as completely ignoring AW... it's fun to do, but I do wonder how a die-hard might react to it.  AW is kind of the "face only a mother could love" category, i.e. even if everyone acknowledges that it's bad, the major EH fan might still want it to be included as canon because it's there.  But that opinion varies.  And I suppose you can never please everyone no matter what you do.  :P

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
wildweasel
Londs' Screen Time

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 11:54:01 am »

Ignoring AW is really only because I haven't seen it, and I can't find a decent plot summary anywhere (or biographies of the new characters). Not even Wikipedia helps with this stuff...

Besides, I figure with it being a fanfiction, it'd help to be as original as possible, and not rely on the original storyline as a crutch to convey my own characters. From my experience, just putting the original characters and having them go through the same stuff as before is not only unoriginal, but also quite pointless since it's already been done.

...and I just realized that I'm arguing with myself. I guess I went overboard there.

Spanner
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 11:13:29 am »

Ignoring AW is really only because I haven't seen it, and I can't find a decent plot summary anywhere (or biographies of the new characters). Not even Wikipedia helps with this stuff...

Look no further!

The Wanderer's Guide to El-Hazard is a very good source for episode synopses and character biographies. I can personally recommend it, as I wrote many of them myself. ^_^V

All of the Alternative World summaries were written by me, as well as the character biographies for the Alternative World cast.

The 1337 poster
wildweasel
Londs' Screen Time

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2005, 01:38:17 pm »

Ah, awesome. Thank you.

Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2005, 09:35:54 pm »

Ooh, Spanner decided to link my main rival from the past.  Curse you, Spanner.  You did intend to bring about my downfall.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2005, 08:32:17 am »

Ooh, Spanner decided to link my main rival from the past.  Curse you, Spanner.  You did intend to bring about my downfall.

All part of my master plan...

*Steeples fingers*

The 1337 poster
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines