Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:58:58 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Problems, possible bug on el hazard game
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Problems, possible bug on el hazard game  (Read 4518 times)
stanky105
Dimension Traveler

Kaboom.

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2005, 05:37:34 pm »

Hey, I just downloaded the game today, and I seem really stuck.

I had Alielle and Nanami in my party, and I went to the throne room to uncover Gallus. It happened correctly, but every time i go back there it keeps repeating the same "evil gallus" scene.

Also, Miz gave me the ring to show Afura, but nothing happens when I go to Afura, with or without Miz.

Am I doing something wrong, I just seem really lost and confused and nothing new has happened for like 30 minutes as I have marched around with the different character combinations...  :-/
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 05:37:53 pm by stanky105 » Logged
nirvana
Bugrom Forces

A Wandering Dreamer in the Land of Beautiful Girls

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 02:18:51 am »

Hey, I just downloaded the game today, and I seem really stuck.

I had Alielle and Nanami in my party, and I went to the throne room to uncover Gallus. It happened correctly, but every time i go back there it keeps repeating the same "evil gallus" scene.

Also, Miz gave me the ring to show Afura, but nothing happens when I go to Afura, with or without Miz.

Am I doing something wrong, I just seem really lost and confused and nothing new has happened for like 30 minutes as I have marched around with the different character combinations...  :-/
The ring that Miz gives you is meant for you to show Shayla when Jinnai attacks for the second time. That or you could decide not to tell Miz about your problem with Afura then go see Shayla for another scenario... ;)

"Like a dream from a time faraway, a sweet memory lingers from the distant past. Like a kingdom that you reach. After many years of dreaming, El-Hazard is the eternal homeland and the land of never-ending adventures. As long as there is a challenging
stanky105
Dimension Traveler

Kaboom.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 02:50:44 am »

The ring that Miz gives you is meant for you to show Shayla when Jinnai attacks for the second time.
That or you could decide not to tell Miz about your problem with Afura then go see Shayla for another scenario... ;)

It is? lol, I could have sworn she said its for Afura, am I going insane?  ^^;

But it does seem like I am stuck in some kind of odd loop with scenes repeating that aren't supposed to... judging from what other people have said in other threads, it seems many have completed the game on many different endings with no apparant bug. Is the game known for having a snag here and there? I would rather not start over so soon...
dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 07:21:43 am »

I had a similar situation where a scene was repeating: in my case it was the one where Ifurita crashes into the palace...

stanky105
Dimension Traveler

Kaboom.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 03:30:58 pm »

I had a similar situation where a scene was repeating: in my case it was the one where Ifurita crashes into the palace...

Did you start over and try it again, and it worked?

I am wondering if these might be caused by having the wrong combination of characters at a given time, and the engine tries to do different things at the same time...
dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005, 08:18:38 pm »

It's been a while now so I can't remember too well. At the time, I think my theory was that I'd failed to unmask Galus, then gone too far elsewhere in the game, and so I couldn't find him to trigger his events.

Another thing that constantly drove me nuts was the "sobering up" Fujisawa thing. Locking him in the dungeon seemed pointless, as he'd only break out and get plastered again. I swear that on one occasion, I locked him in there, came back before he broke out, let him out, and then I still died becuase the game said he was too drunk. I began to suspect that there was some technique I was missing, but the guides just say "lock him in the dungeon".
I have completed the game twice, but in all honesty there's been more occasions when I've started the game and quit out of sheer frustration. When events do go my way it just seems like a fluke, and it's pretty rare for me to get beyond the point where you have to gather the priestesses.

Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 03:46:00 pm »

Yeah, there's quite a few little subtle bugs like that.  It can be hard to catch those because it'd require like several play testers playing the game a hundred times "stress testing" every scenario.  Generally we never did a scene without making sure it didn't repeat under basic conditions, but very often, as can be expected with an RPG with so many altering tags, there's little weird "didn't think about it" type of situations that can occur...

But usually when someone doesn't appear when you think they're supposed it's because of some sort of stupid thing you didn't do, like talk to a townperson for meaningless chat.  That's not a bug nor is it something I would've done; that's just the way the Saturn game was [poorly] designed.

If there's ever anything you really just can't figure out why it's not occuring, let me know and I'll look it up in the script to try to tell you everything that you need to do prior to it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 03:46:48 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
stanky105
Dimension Traveler

Kaboom.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2005, 02:33:43 am »

Yeah, Im pretty sure my current game is stuck in a bug. When I look back at it, I think I was all ready to unmask Gallus, but I actually went in with Nanami and Ishiel (instead of Alliele who I named in the first post because I am stupid), and it had the Ishiel Rune fight scene instead... and when i went back again it was stuck on the unmasking gallus scene and would repeat that no matter what else I did.

Ill just start a new game and see how that ends up... I actually really like this style of game, I just got snagged on that bug. Enough people have appeared to achieve multiple endings that it was prolly just a fluke that happened to me.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines