Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:16:07 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Jinnai Cosplay Help!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Jinnai Cosplay Help!  (Read 4782 times)
nirvana
Bugrom Forces

A Wandering Dreamer in the Land of Beautiful Girls

View Profile Email
« on: July 13, 2005, 09:48:42 pm »

Yo guys!

Though it's been awhile since I last posted, I have finalized my plans for a cosplay skit as Jinnai. However, dispite the lack of those I know who are willing to participate/create Bugrom related cosplay costumes, I'm going ahead away with this idea. However there's another snag in the plan...

I have NO CLUE what I could wear/distinguish myself to look like Jinnai without people thinking I just show guy in a suit.  ^^;

Any sort of help would be appreciated for the cosplay outfit. Thanks again guys.  :)

"Like a dream from a time faraway, a sweet memory lingers from the distant past. Like a kingdom that you reach. After many years of dreaming, El-Hazard is the eternal homeland and the land of never-ending adventures. As long as there is a challenging
Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

AOL Instant Messenger - holyknightwayne
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 02:04:29 am »

You could carry a Bugrom plushie or something around with you (particularly if you have one of the little messenger Bugrom that appeared a few times). I mean, that way; the people that recognize it will know you're Jinnai, and the people that don't wouldn't know who you were anyway.

Besides a "prop" like that, though... I don't know. You could prominently carry a comb in your front pocket (helpful if you can get your hair to look like his), and that might help, but honestly; there's so many white guys in business suits (not so many that are blue, but still) in anime that you're really out of luck. *chuckles*

"Die... a glorious death. Fight on and fly on, to the last drop of blood and fuel... to the last beat of the heart and the last kick of the motor... a death for a knight, a toast for his fellows, friend and foe."

-Manfred von Rich
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 07:45:46 am »

You might also consider wearing badges like the ones Jinnai eventually wears in the OAVs. The "Bugrom Big Raid Medal of Victory", among others. ;D

The 1337 poster
stinko
Background Character

^.^"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 10:10:18 am »

Possibly that goofy bug suit he was wearing in the second OVA, though I'd know nothing of how to make costumes.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 10:08:43 pm »

As long as you have the laugh down pat, it should be a cinch.

Don't forget the wingtips. Shine 'em up real good.

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
nirvana
Bugrom Forces

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2005, 01:39:26 am »

You could carry a Bugrom plushie or something around with you (particularly if you have one of the little messenger Bugrom that appeared a few times). I mean, that way; the people that recognize it will know you're Jinnai, and the people that don't wouldn't know who you were anyway.

Besides a "prop" like that, though... I don't know. You could prominently carry a comb in your front pocket (helpful if you can get your hair to look like his), and that might help, but honestly; there's so many white guys in business suits (not so many that are blue, but still) in anime that you're really out of luck. *chuckles*
Geez...thanks for the support... -_- But I'll keep in mind about the comb...

"Like a dream from a time faraway, a sweet memory lingers from the distant past. Like a kingdom that you reach. After many years of dreaming, El-Hazard is the eternal homeland and the land of never-ending adventures. As long as there is a challenging
nirvana
Bugrom Forces

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2005, 01:41:36 am »

You might also consider wearing badges like the ones Jinnai eventually wears in the OAVs. The "Bugrom Big Raid Medal of Victory", among others. ;D
I was thinking the exact same thing. I recall that there are some cutouts of them on the inside flap of one of the Anthology books. I could scan those and paste them onto cardboard or something hard and cut them out and paint them.  :)

nirvana
Bugrom Forces

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2005, 01:44:06 am »

Possibly that goofy bug suit he was wearing in the second OVA, though I'd know nothing of how to make costumes.
Hmmm...I think I'll stick with the school uniform look... :P

nirvana
Bugrom Forces

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2005, 01:44:59 am »

As long as you have the laugh down pat, it should be a cinch.
Yup...been practicing that.  :D

nirvana
Bugrom Forces

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2005, 01:46:23 am »

Oh yes...but before I forget...Thanks to those so far whom have given me ideas on the cosplay. Keep those suggestions coming guys! ^_^V

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines