Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:04:53 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  El Hazard: The Eternal Dreamers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: El Hazard: The Eternal Dreamers  (Read 7646 times)
nirvana
Bugrom Forces

A Wandering Dreamer in the Land of Beautiful Girls

View Profile Email
« on: June 29, 2005, 02:33:32 pm »

Considering due to this site that I've been officialy on an El Hazard kick, (XD) I wanted to share with all of you an idea that I once had about a "what if" series continuation to El Hazard...(I thought of this idea about 5 years ago after I finished with all things El Hazard. I wrote this in a notebook then left it to hide in my manga shelve only to be rediscovered...)

It starts off like this: "10 years after the dissappearance of 3 students and 1 teacher at Shinanome High School, many have pondered over the mysterious connection between those disappearances and the ruins beneath the school grounds. Yet, only one young man may have an answer to this riddle. He recalls an early morning when he arriving at school to see a mysterious void with a young man holding a staff, and a mysterious women running towards him and the void. Befuddled by this vision, if it really was one, his obsession in finding out what he saw begins. It leds him back to those ancient ruins and the discovery of one thing; that his vision would prehaps unlocking the key to the Eternal Dream that is known as El Hazard."

(I know this seems stupid but at the time was I so psyched about creating a new story for El Hazard and prehaps one day seeing a new anime being created. Heck, if they made a 3rd OVA to Tenchi, why not El Hazard right? ;) )

More to come of this later...that is if anyone is still interested...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 02:36:08 pm by nirvana » Logged

"Like a dream from a time faraway, a sweet memory lingers from the distant past. Like a kingdom that you reach. After many years of dreaming, El-Hazard is the eternal homeland and the land of never-ending adventures. As long as there is a challenging
nirvana
Bugrom Forces

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 03:10:16 pm »

Ok...now here is the rundown of the new wanderers to enter El Hazard:

-Main Protagonist(Male): With his fondness towards research in literature, he was always excelled academically. However, his fondness towards the outside world wasn't. An exile in society, he prefers to be alone. Alongside his two of his fellow researchers, he ventures into the void that will led him into the dream of those who remember...and perhaps find the world in which he truly belongs...

Description: A shining image of Makoto; only minus the outgoing, people-friendly attitude. Closed slit eyes demonstrate how you can never tell his real emotions...

Power gained in El Hazard: The ability to read ancient script and decipher ruins while speaking in ancient tongue.

-Companion 1 (Female): Though the most beautiful girl in school, she tends to hid this image beneath her coke bottle glasses and chosen male uniform. In attempts to bring our hero out from his shell, she remains by his side dispite all gossip and rumor. She joins him on his expedition to find El Hazard as an opportunity to be more close to him and perhaps admit her true feelings for him...

Description of character: Obvious anime female stereotypes on this girl: Awesome body, cute demeanor, huge round eyes, etc. However, inept at cooking and being quite the chatterbox are her flaws.

Power gained in El Hazard: Her cellphone is a link to finding ancient ruins deep in El Hazard legend. Kinda like an interal GPS service in El Hazard. Not to mention an unknown uncanny connection which allows the user to call back home.

-Companion 2(Male): A ham at best, this wannabe actor and kendo star has always relied on the main protagonist to get him out of an academic jam. A player of women's hearts, he follows our hero journey as a sort of payback for all his lazyness. When arriving in El Hazard, this man will realize that despite all his tricks in presuading the female heart, one women in El Hazard will not be taken so easily.

Description of character: Typical bishi at best. Long hair and attractive. Makes the main character feel out of sorts of what a man should be. Disliked by female companion, he flirts his way out of trouble at most.

Power/Curse gained in El Hazard: A wooden sword which he brings into EL Hazard becomes "The Blade of the King", a morphing blade at his thought and whim of the user which is said to cut even the strongest of Bugrom armor. His curse however is amusing: should he try to flirt with a women whom he isn't true to, he sneezes uncontrolably.

(More to come later... ;) )    

"Like a dream from a time faraway, a sweet memory lingers from the distant past. Like a kingdom that you reach. After many years of dreaming, El-Hazard is the eternal homeland and the land of never-ending adventures. As long as there is a challenging
nirvana
Bugrom Forces

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 05:25:42 pm »

And now, the continuation of the new cast: (Sorry...had to deal with some business online.)

-Main Antagonist (Female): Though born of a higher class status than of her classmates, being jaded and brutal is what makes her disliked by all. Currently the new president of the student council at Shinanome, she follows in the shadow of "the greatest student council president this school has ever embraced." Has an infatuation with the hero's female companion, she hopes to bring her into her world and make her hers...

Description: Female Jinnai...what more could be said. Instead of cackling like crazy, she laughs deeply like "HOHOHOHO! *Think Naga from Slayers type laugh* Curly pigtails (probably wound too tightly in association with her uptight attitude) with a punishing harisen (paper fan) to promote her brutal presidental standings in the school.

Power gained in El Hazard: Mind control through persuasive dialogue.

Henchman Lackey (Male): Second rate at everything, has always disliked the successes of the main protagonist. Secretary to the current class president, he informs her of the "illegial activities" being taken by the protagonist group and wishes to halt his research in an attempt to ruin the main hero. Cowardly, he hids between the skirt of the president, often to call a "little bitch."

Description: Beady eyed, short statured, greasy haired loser at best. Carries a notebook around to jot down the president's every condition/command. Snickers like a chipmunk when excited, his only vice is the consist success of his "eternal rival" and a suger high.

Power gained in El Hazard: Described foresight within his notebook, detailing what's to happen next.        

Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 07:30:23 pm »

Y'know, this is very interesting.  I never really thought to take the approach of an Earthian third party to El-Hazard before.  Kind of interesting to have someone on the outside view things and [initially] have no real idea about the stuff that happened...

Of course, with all the fanfiction out there, I can't promise it's never been done before.  But at least this is the first time I've heard of it and I like it.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
nirvana
Bugrom Forces

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 01:28:22 am »

Y'know, this is very interesting.  I never really thought to take the approach of an Earthian third party to El-Hazard before.  Kind of interesting to have someone on the outside view things and [initially] have no real idea about the stuff that happened...

Of course, with all the fanfiction out there, I can't promise it's never been done before.  But at least this is the first time I've heard of it and I like it.
Thank you sir...hearing this from a fellow fan means alot to me. :) Though as you could tell, these were simple ideas that I jotted down on my notebook whenever I thought of something. This was only just a work in progress that I never found the time nor the reason to finish it...until now...

What I would need to do now is figure out how El Hazard has been for the last 10 years? I never really got to that part when originally planning this epic... ^^;
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 03:24:03 am by nirvana » Logged

stinko
Background Character

^.^"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 06:28:29 am »

Considering the fact that Ifurita sent Makoto and the others to El Hazard before she even left it, the mode of transportation to El Hazard crosses over time as well as dimensions (otherwise Makoto would have gotten there 10,000 years too late). Even if these people leave to El Hazard 10 years after Makoto, you do not necessarily need to make them arive 10 years later.
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 08:51:36 am »

Considering the fact that Ifurita sent Makoto and the others to El Hazard before she even left it, the mode of transportation to El Hazard crosses over time as well as dimensions (otherwise Makoto would have gotten there 10,000 years too late). Even if these people leave to El Hazard 10 years after Makoto, you do not necessarily need to make them arive 10 years later.

Of course not.  But there's a certain element of "fun" we can derive from having an outside party kind of step into the mess late.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
nirvana
Bugrom Forces

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2005, 03:49:53 am »

True...but I happen to feel that the dimension hopping nexus provided by Makoto when he returns to pick up Ifurita must be about a 10 year or so period IMO. So it would be logical within the laws of the anime universe right? ;)

kajishima_masaki
Bugrom Forces

Just Another Day.....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 10:39:09 am »

That does sound interesting, people investigating what happened to the Makoto, Jinnai, Nanami, and Fujisawa. You know I think Fujisawa made an appearance in Tenchi In Tokyo. Tenchi Muyo should've referenced this in their series, like there would be an article or news of 4 people disappearing, and Tenchi gets surprised learning a teacher of his went missing. That would really be funny. Oh by the way, do you have a surrogate Fujisawa in your story? That would be cool another teacher disappears. Maybe you could put a private investigator in place of Fujisawa. A X-Files like guy, or a paranoid guy, that would be interesting.
kalia_rocks
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2005, 07:02:00 pm »

Maybe you can somehow include the radio drama in this story. The Ifurina's Cafe and all that. And don't forget about the phantom tribe, maybe something about a backup plan of Galous' that will be initiated just in time for the party to drop in and ruin it??

Gives me idea's for the El-Hazard Campaign I'm running right now.

Hohohohohoooo!!
nirvana
Bugrom Forces

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2005, 03:24:37 am »

That does sound interesting, people investigating what happened to the Makoto, Jinnai, Nanami, and Fujisawa. You know I think Fujisawa made an appearance in Tenchi In Tokyo. Tenchi Muyo should've referenced this in their series, like there would be an article or news of 4 people disappearing, and Tenchi gets surprised learning a teacher of his went missing. That would really be funny. Oh by the way, do you have a surrogate Fujisawa in your story? That would be cool another teacher disappears. Maybe you could put a private investigator in place of Fujisawa. A X-Files like guy, or a paranoid guy, that would be interesting.
Hmmm...that is something to think about. However, I wasn't really going for any adults to accompany our hero's this time around. Their personal independance in making the decision to travel to El Hazard was one issue I was focusing on at the time I was writing this...

nirvana
Bugrom Forces

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2005, 03:26:32 am »

Gives me idea's for the El-Hazard Campaign I'm running right now.

Hohohohohoooo!!
-_- Well...if you plan to do anything with my story, be sure to give credit when credit is due alright...that or explain to me this "campaign" you are doing...

Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

AOL Instant Messenger - holyknightwayne
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2005, 02:28:38 am »

I'm guessing an anime-based P&P game, like BESM. (I-- a longtime D&D player-- recently got into BESM d20 for some online IRC-based games with some friends, and it's actually pretty interesting. Not exactly balanced, but I digress....)

That's an interesting concept, Nirvana; have you written any of it yet? :]

---

Since we're sharing, I guess it wouldn't hurt to toss this in....

I don't write fanfiction anymore, but I used to; and after getting into El-Hazard I'd thought about writing something for it, too. The idea never got off the ground, but in concept it was fairly epic... some sort of plot that basically tied most of the series together.

Like there were multiple active demon gods (the ones from the manga, the three Ifuritas, etc.), and they fought each other a lot. [Since my style focuses a lot on action sequences, there'd have been a lot of them.] The Shadow Tribe was a more entrenched [and dangerous] enemy; more of a three-way war with the Alliance and the Bugrom (more like the manga, again). There were four Priestesses (Ishiel-- from the game-- and Miz were to be sort of a love triangle with Fujisawa for some requisite comedy), and Shayla, Qawoor, and Nanami were rivals for Makoto instead of one of the Ifuritas or Rune... sort of new. Cretaria was a neighboring kingdom instead of another world completely. The "dark technology" of the ancient El-Hazardians was more unified; Arjah-- the "main villain," one could say-- for example, was a demon god whose unique power was to counter the Eye of God (and it was Kalia who could control it, instead of OAV Ifurita), etc.

I still have some ideas in my mind for it, and on some level it might be fun to actually write it some day and try my hand at making the setting and characters actually make sense (something the staff was clearly unable to do with TAW :[ ) in a unified story, but... probably not. Once every couple weeks I'll still see a scene in my mind's eye (like a Shadow Tribe assassin sent to kill Yuba [or whatever he was called], which ends with him using technology against Ifurita, an obviously much more powerful being), but it's seldom anymore. Too many other things to do. *chuckles*

Ah... anyway. I guess that ramble was just to say that there's nothing wrong with thinking about adding to the "canon" of something you like, and that you're in good company. ...or something. :]

"Die... a glorious death. Fight on and fly on, to the last drop of blood and fuel... to the last beat of the heart and the last kick of the motor... a death for a knight, a toast for his fellows, friend and foe."

-Manfred von Rich
nirvana
Bugrom Forces

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2005, 03:49:43 am »

That's an interesting concept, Nirvana; have you written any of it yet? :]]
Some of it...I've written the prologue and a few key scenes...aside from that, nothing really more than that...I was still in the middle of naming my intrepid group of wanderers :'(

nirvana
Bugrom Forces

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2005, 04:13:46 am »

Well...it was a long time coming for this day personally. But thanks to your comments and my undying love of the El Hazard universe, I've decided to "officially" name my intrepid group of wanderers. XD A little background info on why I choose the following names; I was reading a TIME magazine article about the surviviors of the Hiroshima bombing. According to the article, they were dubbed as the "Hibakusha" - "those who survived the day when the world goes dark". In a sense of the El Hazard universe, it will be those whom come out to challenge the darkness of their old world/lives and step into the light of a new day/new world that'll make their journey to El Hazard a memorable one. So, without further delay, my "official" naming of the principal cast of "El-Hazard: The Eternal Dreamers"

Main Protagonist(Male): Morio Iwata (Nickname: Mori-chan)

Female Companion: Kinuyo Watanebe (Nickname: Kiyo)
Male

Male Companion: Jiro Tatsumoto (Nickname: Tatsu)

Main Antagonist(Female): Hiroko Konishi (Nickname: Konishi)

Henchman Lackey (Male): Yuji Egusa (Nickname: Little Bitch XD)

So...what do you guys think?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 04:14:55 am by nirvana » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines