Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:55:48 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  I got another ... Fujisawa's Daughter?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I got another ... Fujisawa's Daughter?  (Read 5263 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« on: October 16, 2002, 01:00:26 pm »

This is something Neil pinned on me a while back; it come up casually at first, "Fujisawa's daughter in the ending of MW..."  I didn't know what he was talking about.  Long story short, he's referring to a particular image that comes in the ending of the original MW.  As most of you should know, the ending of MW features pastel images of all the El-Hazard characters on Earth.  We all know Makoto got back ... did perhaps the priestesses in addition to the Earth people all decide to go to Earth?  That's another topic for another time I suppose, but in the meantime, here's the image in question:

Ah, Fujisawa finally got to climb one of those Earth mountains again, y'know, the ones where it's cold and there's snow and such ;)
Next to him, we can clearly see another person.  Now, by default everyone on my side (me, my sister, my brother) instantly assume this to be Miz.  Who else, after all?  Neil persistently insists this is not Miz, but Fujisawa's daughter.  

Here's the only known official shot of Fujisawa's indeterminable gender child, which came in Alternative World, much after MW was produced.

The only thing we can say for sure is that the child has brown hair.
The figure in the pastel image also seems to have brown hair.  (It's a tad hard to be 100% sure because the pastel's naturally have a little color distortion, but we'll accept the fact)

Also, the eyes, which you can't cleary see in that shot, are somewhat wide which, by El-Hazard standards, does typically indicate youth.  To illustrate:

The adult cast in the series typically have narrowed eyes...

And the children have wider eyes.

The only exception to this rule seems to be Katsuhiko and most of the student council.  Seems student government accelerates your eyeball aging process ;)  But this is the general "rule of thumb".

So the figure is short, seems to have brown hair, and is wide-eyed.  We don't know the person from the series, and can deduce that the long hair probably makes it female.

So ... Fujisawa's daughter is a logical conclusion and one that can be backed up...

I'm still irked, however, that the hair on the supposed "daughter" is the same style as worn by Miz.  Now, of course there can be motherly influence genetically and style-wise, so I maintain 95% convinced of Neil's point.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2002, 01:03:01 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
hedgesmfg
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2002, 03:43:23 pm »

I'd say Daughter is a good assumption....

Hmm, could you put Jinnai's final images from MW1 on this thread? I'd like to see em again, and get your analysis :P
Neil Lafrenais
Demon God(ess)

Lovely Runey

AOL Instant Messenger - Neil+Lafrenais
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2002, 04:03:20 pm »

I'm starting to dislike my theory about Fujisawa's offspring. It seems far more likely that is Miz, just crouching down or something. It's the sort of thing Fujisawa would drag her a long to do after they all get back to Earth, anyway.

I am however, greeting your "El-Hazard is Earth" theory with a more welcome approach. If only to speculate us devolving into an arabian-esque planet, with humans and insects at war. ;)

Hedges: You mean the water colour painting (not "pastel", Rob ;D) of him and Diva on the end credits? Or with him and Groucho surveying Roshtaria's victory on that cliff?

Maximum boobage!!
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2002, 06:50:56 pm »

So now you're off daughter and on Earth theory?  Man.  :P

If only to speculate us devolving into an arabian-esque planet, with humans and insects at war. ;)

Well, you can take into account where you land.  If the El-Hazard story core really is just time travel to a distant future (the Earth theory for those not in on it), a lot of factors including planetary rotation and the like might throw you into an odd location.  Currently our little present-day Arabian area is in a bit of a tiff... mix that with genetic engineering or some mutation from a bio-bomb, you have your instant giant humanoid insects born from a humanoid/insectoid woman.  Yes.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2002, 06:51:19 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Fujisawa4654
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2002, 11:19:02 am »

:/ That's interesting, I still haven't watched them all. gotta get the wanderers then maybe iI can finish the rest. And noone replied to my first thread  >:( >:( >:(  Not like it really matters much anymore. I'm gonna work on a flash game sometime and post it up here with a few friends. that's right.. FLASH!!!

O.O I'm sending this from shool, but i'm in 8th grade and so... I'm not suppsot to do this but hey, i like the community so   ;D

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2003, 04:05:06 pm »

Interesting topic! People often speculate about those water colors. But, I've always felt that they're simply speculative, concept art. Not an actual epilogue or anything like that.

Now, as far the first pic Rob posted, it's Miz plain and simple. Just look at her face! She has the same marks on her face and the same hairstyle. Albeit, with a knit cap pulled over it. So why is she smaller and shorter? Well, they are climbing a mountain after all! Miz is obviously standing lower down on a slope, approaching where Fujisawa is standing. I mean, the perspective is there and everything!

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2003, 04:46:26 pm »

Well, this was a discussion from long ago.  ;)  I had always assumed Miz, it was Neil who interjected the issue in the first place.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines