Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:46:53 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  El Hazard AMVs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: El Hazard AMVs  (Read 13826 times)
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2005, 08:53:40 am »

Yeah, thanks for the clarification Tim! The radio drama is so under-represented in the fan community. I know almost nothing about it. ^^;

I'm sure this is due, at least in part, to the fact that it was never (to my knowledge) translated. ^^; It's hard to rally properly around a subject that you understand at most bits and pieces of it.

If someone with a good knowledge of Japanese were to make an English translation of the Radio plays, that would be a real treasure.

The 1337 poster
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2005, 03:24:16 pm »

I'm sure this is due, at least in part, to the fact that it was never (to my knowledge) translated. ^^; It's hard to rally properly around a subject that you understand at most bits and pieces of it.

... which made me go randomly check what I DO have stored on the dramas, only to find that my links to an old Japanese El-Hazard site were broken.  (As it unfortunately happens... most of the older El-Hazard sites, even in Japan, are slowly dying off one after another.)  Of course, I apparently foresaw this event, as all of the html's I needed I had already locally stored in the "radiodrama" directory.  (Of course, thank God, there's always the good ol' Wayback Machine otherwise.)

If someone with a good knowledge of Japanese were to make an English translation of the Radio plays, that would be a real treasure.

And while they're at it, do the other CD dramas, too.  :P  I'd love to have all of that stuff well documented.  Though, of course, that's kind of just wishing on a star.  But as long as I'm wishing, let's even have it performed vocally by the English cast after it's translated...

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2005, 12:03:24 am »

I personally find Japanese radio dramas and radio programs (the late night ones) to be rather entertaining, despite the fact that I only understand roughly 10% of what's being said. I find their voices amusing, especially if they're recognizable. The drama (and often over-dramatization on purpose) is amusing. ^_^

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
stinko
Background Character

^.^"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2005, 11:50:48 am »

I h8te to revive dead and/or old topics, but just yesterday I saw a spectacular El Hazard amv that wasn't mentioned in here (I assume because it's too recent?).

If you go to http://www.animemusicvideos.org and search by anime, on the second page of the El Hazard OVA 2 you'll see an AMV put up by Trilaan called Fujisawa Can't Get Sober (2005-04-26).

And after seeing that, damn.. I don't know of hubba hubba zoot zoot is my favorite Hazard AMV anymore. Just like when I first saw hubba hubba zoot zoot, I just can't get enough of this one.
nirvana
Bugrom Forces

A Wandering Dreamer in the Land of Beautiful Girls

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2005, 05:40:52 pm »

I've always wanted to do an AMV to the Wanderers. I was thinking of using the song "A Whole New World" from the Aladdin soundtrack focusing on Rune and Makoto. :D

"Like a dream from a time faraway, a sweet memory lingers from the distant past. Like a kingdom that you reach. After many years of dreaming, El-Hazard is the eternal homeland and the land of never-ending adventures. As long as there is a challenging
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines