Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:12:04 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Calling all FANS: I want Ifurita in Freedom Force
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Calling all FANS: I want Ifurita in Freedom Force  (Read 4719 times)
life_matrix
« on: May 16, 2005, 03:42:11 pm »

I just discovered this large El Hazard community, but I am impressed with what I see.  :)  It is heartening to find an active group of El Hazard fans, considering how many such fansites seem to be slowly disappearing...  :bawl

Anyway, I was wondering if members here are familiar with a PC (Windows) game called "Freedom Force"? It is an advanced, 3D action/RPG game in which players control a team of customized superheroes! It even offers tools to custom design your own superhero, right down to the specific powers, abilities, 3D model and skin. (Not to mention tools for advanced things, like designing your own campaign.)

[Note: This game dates back from 2002, so it is highly probable that it will run even on slightly outdated computers and that it can be had relatively cheaply on places such as eBay... Further, it is still fun to play one player and does not necessarily require a monthly online play charge - unlike a lot of other games today.]

Further, there is an absolutely huge user community, with many dozens of sites, dozens of full game mods (user-created games), dozens of custom add-ons, and literally thousands of skins and meshes! Oh, and it's possible to play multiplayer on LAN or Internet, too. If you can think of a DC or Marvel superhero or villain (any of them), chances are fans have made more than one version available for download somewhere. They have even converted some extremely obscure and ancient superheroes that practically no one has heard of. (Like the "Blue Tiger", "Lightray", "Mister Terrific"...??)

The reason I bring this up is because I was really wanting to see an Ifurita skin/mesh made available. (Having a Shayla-Shayla, Afura, and/or Miz Mishtal skin would be real nice too, but I'm not pushing that at the moment.) I'm actually put off by such overly-hyped superheroes as Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman and Spiderman. So, instead, I really wanted to play something fresh - a character I like. However, while I do have some artistic talents, I am brand new to making skins and I have no experience in 3D modeling of meshes and the like.

So, I posted on the Freedom Reborn Forums in the "Requests for Skins and Meshes" section with a polite request if someone would consider working on such a project. I even included numerous reference pictures and explainations about the character.

http://www.freedomreborn.net/invision/index.php?showtopic=32362&st=0&p=453134&

Further, I pointed out that Ifurita has been voted number 5 of the "Top Ten Anime Babes of All Time", beating out the likes of the dark elf Pirotess from the Record of Lodoss War and Priss from the Bubblegum Crisis! What other motivation is needed?! (I think Ifurita should have gotten 1'st or 2'nd place myself, but it's still a respectable standing.)

Top Ten Anime Babes of All Time - NUMBER FIVE IFURITA from El Hazard!!
http://therossman01.tripod.com/top10babes/five.html

I'm trying to be polite and patient about it, but a couple days have passed and still no one has replied at all. I still have hopes that someone will eventually pick this up, but it does not look very promising. For one thing, the character design/outfit for Ifurita necessitates that a custom mesh be created, as well as a custom "keyframes" file (pre-programmed character movements).

Anotherwords, it would take a lot of work to do, unlike most generic superheroes. Also, primarily being comic book affectionados, it almost seems as if most Freedom Force fans have an allergic reaction to anything anime related...

So, here I am posting about this to the El Hazard Online community. I'm hoping that I've peeked the interest of another Freedom Force player reading here. It would be of tremendous help if additional people replied to my Freedom Reborn thread in support of my proposal to make an Ifurita skin/mesh. :'( Just a suggestion... ^^; [hint! hint!]

P.S.: At some future point (if it gains enough interest), perhaps several of us El Hazard fans could get together to make an El Hazard MOD for Freedom Force... (Anotherwords, custom design a game scenario/campaign based in the El Hazard universe.) That would be very cool! ^_^V Again, though, this is just an idea I'm throwing out there - to see if it lands anywhere.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 04:23:27 pm by life_matrix » Logged
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 11:46:35 pm »

Further, I pointed out that Ifurita has been voted number 5 of the "Top Ten Anime Babes of All Time", beating out the likes of the dark elf Pirotess from the Record of Lodoss War and Priss from the Bubblegum Crisis! What other motivation is needed?! (I think Ifurita should have gotten 1'st or 2'nd place myself, but it's still a respectable standing.)

Top Ten Anime Babes of All Time - NUMBER FIVE IFURITA from El Hazard!!
http://therossman01.tripod.com/top10babes/five.html

Ho ho, man...... I remember that website! Gawd, I haven't been there in years. I'm glad to see that it's still online after all this time! Yeah, I would have liked to have seen Ifurita score higher as well. But I can't complain about Madoka and Lum nabbing tandem-first place either!  |D =,] ::shakes head quickly to regain composure::

I love the way this guy writes, too. "Man! I bet that Ginrei's even more handy with those fans than that wussy Professor Go! Hmmmmmm, come to think of it I think that Ginrei's the only cool member of Interpol......" and "Pirotess is a self-contained explosion of temptation and excitement." LOL!!!!!!!

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
smkviper
Demon God(ess)

Couldn't find a EH avatar, but likes Mai-HiME alot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 11:23:23 am »

If you like Freedom Force a lot, I would suggest checking out the sequel, Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich. Quality gaming right there! ;D

Millenia: Aw. You're a sweetheart, aren't ya. This should be fun.

Ryudo: If your idea of fun is wading through rivers of blood, gobbets of flesh, and gut fresh upon your lips, then yes, it will be fun.

Millenia: Then what a
life_matrix
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 04:19:48 pm »

If you like Freedom Force a lot, I would suggest checking out the sequel, Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich. Quality gaming right there! ;D

Well, while the original Freedom Force was released back in 2002, I only started playing last month! (I'm behind the times, but I don't care. You should see the stack of games I've never played even once!) I'm having too much fun right now to go out and buy the sequel, but maybe later. The original has so many skins, meshes, mods and add-ons going for it that it isn't even funny. The sequel (FFvT3R) is incompatible with most of those things - at least for the moment.

But, since you know what I'm talking about and find FFvT3R to be such an excellent game, why not support my proposal?  ???  ;)

These days, most people will only make new meshes, skins etc. that are compatible with both the original and the new FF game. So, it would be extremely likely that if anyone does answer my request and make an Ifurita mesh/skin, then FFvT3R users should be able to use it as well!

Just a simple message like "I'm also a fan of Ifurita and I really like this proposal!" might do wonders to get an artist involved! Am I really the only El Hazard fan that wants to play Ifurita in Freedom Force??   :'(
Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

AOL Instant Messenger - holyknightwayne
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 06:39:19 pm »

I've done some texture work before (in WarCraft 3), and some very minor 3D model editing. But actually making a mesh is well beyond my level of expertise (and capabilities-- I don't have any 3D modeling programs anymore, and I don't feel like pirating one, heh). The number of people able and willing to make a mesh of a semi-obscure anime character like Ifurita for free is probably very low, heh... if there were any other 3D meshes for Ifurita already made for a different system that could just be converted to Freedom Force (which I can't do; I don't have the game) that would probably work best... but I don't know if there are any.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 06:39:30 pm by wayne » Logged

"Die... a glorious death. Fight on and fly on, to the last drop of blood and fuel... to the last beat of the heart and the last kick of the motor... a death for a knight, a toast for his fellows, friend and foe."

-Manfred von Rich
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines