Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:32:03 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Mai-HiME
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mai-HiME  (Read 4112 times)
smkviper
Demon God(ess)

Couldn't find a EH avatar, but likes Mai-HiME alot

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2005, 10:23:40 am »

Just finished watching the last set of episodes from this anime last night, so I can safely recommend it to everyone who likes action/comedy/romance/tragidy anime ;D

Scratch that... I highly recommend it.

Basic synopsis:

Mai and her brother Takumi are new students at Fuuka Academy (the school contains both middle-school and high-school). On the ship there (they chose to take a ship instead of other, faster means of travel) a girl is rescued from drowning who is holding a strange long sword. While the mysterious girl is recovering in the infirmary, a second girl shows up out of nowhere and starts a fight with the first girl. The new girl weilds twin mini-pistols and has what appears to be a robotic dog with twin cannons mounted on its shoulders. Mai gets caught in the fight between the two and the ship is destroyed (survivors are evacuated to life boats). Mai does not remember anything after falling into the water, but wakes up with the sword girl on the grounds of Fuuka Academy surrounded by smouldering grass.

Thus begins her discovery of her hidden powers, the powers of HiME, and the Orphans, which the HiME fight to defend the school.

The story is far from predictable and I wasn't sure how it was going to end until the very end. I will say that the ending resolves pretty much everything, but I will not tell you if the ending is tragic or not ;)

Plus my fav. composer, Yuki Kajiura, does the music for the series. ;D

I got my fan-subs from Static-Subs who have done a great job at translating the anime (other then translating the title as My-HiME for some reason :-/) It isn't licensed in the US yet, but I am hoping that someone does, and puts a good dub on it.

Millenia: Aw. You're a sweetheart, aren't ya. This should be fun.

Ryudo: If your idea of fun is wading through rivers of blood, gobbets of flesh, and gut fresh upon your lips, then yes, it will be fun.

Millenia: Then what a
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines