Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:40:24 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  El Hazard AMVs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: El Hazard AMVs  (Read 13800 times)
belldandyfan
Londs' Screen Time

Demongods last longer!

AOL Instant Messenger - Belldandyfan
View Profile
« on: April 02, 2005, 02:32:24 pm »

How about this for a new topic.

I'm sure most people here are at least marginally familiar with the concept of Anime Music videos... that said, what Anime music videos have you seen that include ElHazard are good?

Myself I have the following vids

Superman's Theme - a El Hazard AMV featuring Fujisawa in all his superman glory

3 doors down, Kryptonite- An El Hazard AMV focused mainly on ifurita

Enigma, Only time, by Rogue Guymelef productions... an El Hazard  and Cowboy beebop AMV focusing on Makoto and Ifurita

Evanescence, Bring me to life, video by onyyx studios- nother Ifurita /makoto focused AMV

Evanescence , Bring me to life (arabian remix) , a mostly ifurita loves makoto focused AMV

the HubbaHubba Zoot Zoot AMV (words fail me here)

chumbawumba , tub thumping  An ElHazard AMV that is just silly

Sabre Dance by Khachaturian, original Skin studio... a pretty silly classical El Hazard Wanderer's AMV

Josh Grobin, You're still you ,  Rtfbrtr productions, a 'meh' AMV.. not all that great.

Enigma , Gravity of love, by Gigavan productions... one the the best El Hazard AMV ever IMHO

peter gabrial , Big Time, (a tribute to Katsuhiko fans hehe)

Sarah Brightman, Once in a life time,AMV by Micheal Ko.. the absolute quintescential EH AMV . If you've never seen it before it's a _must_ have

Anyone aware of any others out there that are good?

Also... I'm thinking of setting up a Exeem bit torrent with all these zipped up into a single file if anyone is interested in getting them all. Any takers?
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 08:53:16 pm »

Most excellent selection, I must say.

I did not care for the Kryptonite video.  Love the song, like the idea but believe it fell flat during execution.

There are several different Bring Me To Life videos that I'm aware of.  The one that is my favorite features Amy Lee performing with a single guitar accompaniment in an "unplugged" set.  Hauntingly good one, that.  The special effects were fun to see, too.  They kinda get carried away but at many points they really add to the vid's power.

One that is notably absent from your list was done to Celene Dion's "Then You Look At Me."  OK, OK, it's Makoto and Ifurita fluff, but then again, I have a soft spot for Makoto and Ifurita fluff.  Very well rendered and executed video by Sandrock Productions.

Michael Ko's work was the first and is still one of the best.  In fact, Ken Wolfe sent it to me on VHS...that's how long ago I first saw it.

Just about every one of these videos is available from http://www.animemusicvideos.com.

Enjoy.

MJE

PS Pleased to make your acquaintance, Belldandyfan.   :)  Glad to see Adcock and I aren't the only thirtysomething OMG and EH fans here.  
belldandyfan
Londs' Screen Time

Demongods last longer!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 12:41:06 am »

Yeah, I'm sure that Mr.What will have (by now) burst a blood vessle  if he's seen  the current eps of AMS! TV with Marler(mara). heh..

Personally I'm loving the new TV series of AMS!

That said, who knows, maybe they'll finally do a followon to the original OVA ElHazard in a proper manner.  A lot of the older anime are making reappearances in whole new rejuvenated versions.

Tenchi, AMS!, Fist of the North Star, Ghost in the shell ect ect. (all venerable anime)

I'll bet you that it won't be too long and we'll prolly hear about them thinking of redoing the El Hazard series from the begining, or picking up where they left off.

They'll probably even seek to rejuvinate Ranma 1/2 at some point.

mark my words.

heh

Anyway, if you or Adcock haven;t seen eps 11 and 12 of AMS! I'll try and help rectify it. They made Mara absolutely irresistably cute. She's got the whole wacky demon thing down pat, and I'm gonna bust a gut when Senbei shows up... I know they're gonna make him hillarious.

However, back to el hazard.

If they either pick it up or start over,I hope that they don't keep ifurita as the 100% ultra serious demon goddess of the OVA.. I mean, I  love parts of the wacky ditz tv version and how the same voice actress had such a diametrically opposed range of presentation....It'd be a shame to waste such ability to make you laugh.

Then again... it is possible that if they did pick it up where they left off... Katsuhiko could try and find another demongod to balance out Makoto's Ifurita if they did return her to El Hazard. What an opportunity that would be... they could give us two very different ifurita's at the same time (Oh the humanity)

The thing that made that idea pop into my head is  a picture of three different Ifuritas all together. The OVA blue blond, the TV black haired version, and a third version that we've never seen before that is almost a synthasis of the two.
http://www.el-hazardonline.net/artbooks/anthology/page002.jpg
Just a thought.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 01:12:33 am by belldandyfan » Logged
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 07:42:43 pm »

Seems we're quietly chatting a'tween ourselves at this corner table in the coffee house.  :)

There is a rather long and interesting thread on the new AMS! (or OMG! if you prefer) over in the non-EH section of the forum.  If you haven't visited I'm sure you'll find it interesting.  Adcock has seen them all, in fact, Adcock's own LiveJournal page had a picture of the "new" Mara on it for several weeks with the caption "It's About Time."  Heh.

Most of the folks here are following the new AMS/OMG but I haven't started yet.  Just got DSL and haven't yet taken time to download it.  Then again, I spend too much time in front of the computer anyway (just ask my wife!)  Wifey does support me in my anime habit, in fact, she's a Takahashi fan herself.  The only stipulation she has is that I absolutely, positvely NEVER force her to try to read and watch at the same time (i.e., subtitles.)  So I think I'll hold off on watching the new AMS! until it morphs into OMG!

See you over on the OMG thread!

MJE
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 07:46:40 pm »

I am suprised that no one beat me to the punch, but that picture you post is rather widely well known.  The OVA Iffy, Wanderers Iffy are givens.  I'm told the taller, more buxom raven-haired woman is acutally IFURINA, a character taken from the radio plays.

Jump in here anytime, fellas.

OVA Iffy dressed to the nines was actually featured by my friend Ken Wolfe during one of the "Earth" stories.  In fact, when Ken and I last met for coffee, he showed me that picture in his own copy of the EH art book.  The other one was Etranger.

MJE
smkviper
Demon God(ess)

Couldn't find a EH avatar, but likes Mai-HiME alot

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 10:33:14 am »

I'd jump in with more info except that the few El-Hazard AMVs that I have were all mentioned already ^^;

On a side note though, I usually go to Animemusicvideos.org to grab my music vids. (I have waaay to many AMVs ^_^V)

Millenia: Aw. You're a sweetheart, aren't ya. This should be fun.

Ryudo: If your idea of fun is wading through rivers of blood, gobbets of flesh, and gut fresh upon your lips, then yes, it will be fun.

Millenia: Then what a
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 03:40:10 pm »

I'd jump in with more info except that the few El-Hazard AMVs that I have were all mentioned already ^^;

On a side note though, I usually go to Animemusicvideos.org to grab my music vids. (I have waaay to many AMVs ^_^V)

Wut he sed.  That was the link I MEANT to post.  Sorry for the confusion.

MJE
rowan_a._seven
Demon God(ess)

Demon Gods - as dangerous as they are cute.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 10:45:21 pm »

I am suprised that no one beat me to the punch, but that picture you post is rather widely well known.  The OVA Iffy, Wanderers Iffy are givens.  I'm told the taller, more buxom raven-haired woman is acutally IFURINA, a character taken from the radio plays.

Really?  I've been under the impression that she's actually Myuun, another, different character from the radio plays and that Ifurina was merely TV Ifurita with an altered name.  

If they either pick it up or start over,I hope that they don't keep ifurita as the 100% ultra serious demon goddess of the OVA.. I mean, I  love parts of the wacky ditz tv version and how the same voice actress had such a diametrically opposed range of presentation....It'd be a shame to waste such ability to make you laugh.  

Then again... it is possible that if they did pick it up where they left off... Katsuhiko could try and find another demongod to balance out Makoto's Ifurita if they did return her to El Hazard. What an opportunity that would be... they could give us two very different ifurita's at the same time (Oh the humanity)  

In my opinion, I think it would be better if OAV Ifurita and TV Ifurita remained two separate, distinct characters instead of being fused into a single, new character for a series.  They're both so endearing in their own unique ways, and I like them as the different individuals they are.  Of course, seeing them both in the _same_ series could be very interesting.
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 11:28:55 pm »

Really?  I've been under the impression that she's actually Myuun, another, different character from the radio plays

AFAIK Myuun is the one with the "boob protector" (to quote my sister) that is displayed across these two pages from the Radio Drama's booklet:
http://www.el-hazardonline.net/artbooks/cdimages/dramapage12.jpg
http://www.el-hazardonline.net/artbooks/cdimages/dramapage13.jpg

Ifurina was merely TV Ifurita with an altered name.

I always thought that too, especially since they even use TV Ifurita directly in the booklet as well:
http://www.el-hazardonline.net/artbooks/cdimages/dramapage10.jpg

And the included sticker:
http://www.el-hazardonline.net/artbooks/cdimages/dramasticker.jpg

... so if that's really supposed to represent Ifurina, then it's certainly post-production art.  I'm not honestly sure myself.  It does seem weird and detached as it is.  Maybe I'm missing something in the puzzle.

In my opinion, I think it would be better if OAV Ifurita and TV Ifurita remained two separate, distinct characters instead of being fused into a single, new character for a series.  They're both so endearing in their own unique ways, and I like them as the different individuals they are.  Of course, seeing them both in the _same_ series could be very interesting.

Well, to be fair, Ifurina wasn't meant to replace or mimic OAV Ifurita at all, and quite frankly was far more original and interesting than just duplicating OAV Ifurita with a clone as the produced OAV2 decided to go for.  (But I suppose die-hard OAV Ifurita fans would rather just have more of their favorite demon god, right?)  Since Ifurina was effectively TV Ifurita you actually already sort of got your wish, Rowan.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2005, 08:43:21 pm »

OK so who's Myuun again? Yet another demon-god, exclusive to the radio drama?

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
daguru
Dimension Traveler

BRILLIANT!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2005, 04:48:14 pm »

I've got one that's not on that list. It isn't particularly good, but it's still an amv.

Enigma-Return to Innocence. It's a mushy love ballad type amv starring Makoto and Ifurita.

Jinnai's most trusted henchbug
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2005, 11:23:26 am »

Saucer : "OK so who's Myuun again? Yet another demon-god, exclusive to the radio drama?"

Uhh... technically not.

She is the vengeful spirit from the war that was taken place about 20,000 years before Makoto and the others arrived at El-Hazard.  Myuun wanted to destroy the machine that was keeping the planet alive, and thus had to be stopped.  Mind you, she possesses Fujisawa for his strength to break the machine (you read it right).  If I remember what happens, Fujisawa gets torn up pretty good because of her relentless charge to the machine despite the machinery trying to stop her (or him...).

Because of the possession technique used, Fujisawa is still there, just not in control.  So, he gets used as a shield for her deeds.  Fujisawa would have willingly sacrificed himself to stop her, but Makoto, of course, stops Myuun before she can finish her plan via connecting to the machine.

Err.

From what I remembered.

Minish Robert : "AFAIK Myuun is the one with the "boob protector" (to quote my sister) that is displayed across these two pages from the Radio Drama's booklet"

Wait!  I thought that was Salia, yet another person from the Radio drama only.

Mind as well explain her...

She is the one that was protecting the machine from Myuun.  Salia's plan was to kill Fujisawa when she found out that Myuun has possessed Fujisawa.

About this image...

http://www.el-hazardonline.net/artbooks/anthology/page002.jpg

I believe that it is supposed to be Ifurita, Myuun and Ifurina.  Considering the print on the book (1996 September 28), it is plenty possible that this image was meant to represent the Radio Drama (or at least the conceptual art of what Myuun) would have looked like.

Yeah, the Radio Drama is a confuzzling topic.

(Damn code...)

------

Gotta mention this...

For a quick comparison.

The radio darma lasted until 1996 July 5.

The El-Hazard Anthology was printed in 1996 September 28.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 11:26:13 am by thegameguy » Logged

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
belldandyfan
Londs' Screen Time

Demongods last longer!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2005, 05:52:55 pm »

Most excellent selection, I must say.

I did not care for the Kryptonite video.  Love the song, like the idea but believe it fell flat during execution.

There are several different Bring Me To Life videos that I'm aware of.  The one that is my favorite features Amy Lee performing with a single guitar accompaniment in an "unplugged" set.  Hauntingly good one, that.  The special effects were fun to see, too.  They kinda get carried away but at many points they really add to the vid's power.

One that is notably absent from your list was done to Celene Dion's "Then You Look At Me."  OK, OK, it's Makoto and Ifurita fluff, but then again, I have a soft spot for Makoto and Ifurita fluff.  Very well rendered and executed video by Sandrock Productions.

I have that one.. the acoustic guitar version of bring me to life.. and I'm afraid I didn't much care for it myself. The timeing feels all wrong to me in it. Now the arabian remix of Bring me to life really is awesome in my opinion. It has this whole inital part ot it that reads like a silent movie.  It starts with this synth type arabian background sound with ifurita meeting makoto and sending him to elhazard.. and then the video really picks up. I'd say it ranks in my fav 5 music vids of all time. Its timing is solid, the song and video seem to compliment each other and the whole thing feels just.. right.. and yeah .. same here on the makoto and ifurita fluff.. I mean comeon... how can you not love them? It's the classic boy meets girl who just happens to be a cybernetic super weapon that destroyed millions in a massive war which nearly anihilated the world, boy loses girl.. boy travels through time and across dimensions and reunites with girl.

I mean it's just a classic.
=^_^=

Those being the once in a lifetime sarah brightman vid, the gravity of love el hazard one, the celine dion one you mentioned, nyo is war by studio doki doki(too funny for words),and the one I just mentioned.  
rowan_a._seven
Demon God(ess)

Demon Gods - as dangerous as they are cute.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2005, 08:53:13 pm »

Thanks for the clarifications and confusion.  ^^;  While contributing to the El-Hazard Round Robin, I decided to bring in Myuun, completely changing her backstory but keeping what I believed was her physical appearance based on the character profiles on Makoto's "Wanderers Guide to El-Hazard" website.  Both Tim and Makoto seem to agree that Myuun is the raven-haired woman with the resemblace to the Ifuritas and that Salli is the one with the amber hair and red eyebrows(?).  Thanks for the images though, Rob.  That's the first colored artwork of Salli that I remember seeing.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2005, 10:47:15 pm »

Yeah, thanks for the clarification Tim! The radio drama is so under-represented in the fan community. I know almost nothing about it. ^^;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines