Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:23:22 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Hey! Post me something!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Print
Author Topic: Hey! Post me something!  (Read 57776 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: March 27, 2003, 10:34:32 pm »

Yes, I locked it.  Post a new one if you want/need info/comments.

Just because the old one pertained to an update that was no longer active and was beginning to trail off-topic... like many of my other threads... which I decided that this sub-place must be created. ;)

I mean, I feel bad for Lar and them because they're stuck under parental rule of not being able to use chatrooms / IM apps / etc, but no offense to the little sugar babies, they were going wildly out of logical control... right down to one word replies or consistent "I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS!" "I'VE NEVER SEEN EL-HAZARD SO I DON'T KNOW!"

So, yeah.  This place is an open field pretty much...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2003, 10:36:05 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

AOL Instant Messenger - Langrassier Yahoo Instant Messenger - temple_of_erinyes
View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 28, 2003, 10:48:09 am »

Oh, sorry. Well actually, I was just going to thank you for offering the webspace.  :P It was very nice of you. I've been using Geocities, and that's pretty fickle about when it decides to work or not, so...

I'm really sorry about the whole off topic thing...

:P
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #182 on: March 28, 2003, 11:48:14 am »

Well, there ain't a topic here, so there's no need to worry!!!!  ;D
And thank you for giving me a hug!!!

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

AOL Instant Messenger - Langrassier Yahoo Instant Messenger - temple_of_erinyes
View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 28, 2003, 11:54:57 am »

You're veeeeerrrry welcome!  ;)
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #184 on: March 28, 2003, 03:07:41 pm »

Well, I'm sorry for causing complete havock in all the other threads. I actually feel quite bad for it. I mean, there are people here who know loads about El Hazard, and then I come on and totally obstruct the place. I especially feel bad for getting the Cat's Meow: Fatora, locked. I had no right to bombard Tim's post with Random Pointless stuff. I shouldn't post anything saying I don't understand because I have now taught myself that if you don't understand you get yelled at. My maths teacher gets angry when you don't understand, My home economics teachers gets angry when you sit with your hand up to ask her a question etc etc. Rob and Neil yell at you for not understanding what's going on. SoI guess I don't really fit in. I mean, me, Rosh and Tim can have a laugh, but I always feel like I'm gonna get yelled at for something.
I'm sorry for causing all this trouble. It's just that, I haven't got the most happy of lives, so I come here and have a laugh with you guys. Come to get away from school and all lifes miseries and then get yelled at some more by the two angry administrators who have a problem with me not understanding anything about El Hazard.
I love El Hazard, but I don't know much about it. All I know is that it's a great Anime, and probably a great Manga too, but I wouldn't know. And that my favourite characters are Shayla Shayla, Alielle and Fatora.
Once again I'm sorry for obstructing El Hazard Online, and I hope that Rob and Neil don't get so angry with me that I get chucked off the forum.

Luv Lar

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
pixiegirl
Demon God(ess)

BAAAAAAAA!

View Profile Email
« Reply #185 on: March 28, 2003, 03:15:44 pm »

Umm.....well. There isn't much of a reply to that!!! (even though i didn't read it all i still got the just of it!) Well i hope you don't get chucked off because then i would be stuck with El! HEEEEELP!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2003, 03:16:15 pm by pixiegirl » Logged

If at first you don't succeed redifine success.

If at first you do succeed try to hide you're astonishment!

Iv'e not failed  iv'e just tried 10,000 ways that don't work.

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #186 on: March 28, 2003, 03:25:44 pm »

Well, I would think of something random to start talking about, because that is generally my job on this thread, but I have officially run out of ideas. So on that note, I love Rosh.  :-*

pixiegirl
Demon God(ess)

BAAAAAAAA!

View Profile Email
« Reply #187 on: March 28, 2003, 03:28:01 pm »

But there is nothing to talk about and we are in the playground section thingy,aren't we?? ???
                                             :-*
« Last Edit: March 28, 2003, 03:28:28 pm by pixiegirl » Logged

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #188 on: March 28, 2003, 03:38:06 pm »

Yes, we are in the playground section, and no, we do not have anything to talk about. Well, I could see if my brain comes up with anything, but it's very unlikely. I only tend to think of funny things when Rosh and Tim are here.

p.s. don't use the kiss smilie for posting unless it's to someone you wanna kiss. Kay?

pixiegirl
Demon God(ess)

BAAAAAAAA!

View Profile Email
« Reply #189 on: March 28, 2003, 03:41:46 pm »

OOOOPS! I didn't know that was a kiss smiley!!  :D
   Now i do! Do you never think of cool things when i'm around! ??? If so the i'll stop coming!   :(

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #190 on: March 28, 2003, 04:03:40 pm »

Well, it depends how I'm feeling. If I'm in a good mood i.e, Rosh is here. Then I tend to think of loads of great stuff, but when I'm not in the mood, like now, then i generally can't think of anything.

pixiegirl
Demon God(ess)

BAAAAAAAA!

View Profile Email
« Reply #191 on: March 28, 2003, 04:08:32 pm »

Poop!! Tims gone *Sob Sob* Sniff...Sniff
*Pixiegirl soudenly bursts into tears!* WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #192 on: March 28, 2003, 04:10:54 pm »

Well, I did find this...

By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Every successful person has had failures but repeated failure is no guarantee of eventual success.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If we do not change our direction we are likely to end up where we are heading.
If you don't care where you are, then you ain't lost.
Inside every big problem is a small problem trying to get out.
It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
Mad: Affected with a high degree of intellectual independence
Never test for an error condition you don't know how to handle.
There's always one more bug.
Time is nature's way of making sure that everything doesn't happen at once.

Winning a war is just as possible as winning an earthquake.
often the prediction is the main cause for the predicted event.
- Thomas Hobbes, Behemoth
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal, kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
-- Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, "Good Omens"

If something cannot go wrong at all, it will go wrong in a very spectacular way.
The 90/90 rule of programming:
The first 90% of the project consume 90% of the time.
The remaining 10% consume the other 90% of the time.

Sturgeon's Law:
90 percent of everything is crud.
The Universe does revolve around Engineers, since we get to pick the coordinate system.
First rule of modern melee fighting: Bring a handgun.
The 4th law of thermodynamics:
Where Mihoshi is, chaos reigns.
All that glitters has a high refractive index.
Any philosophy that can be put in a nutshell belongs there.
He who hesitates is sometimes saved.
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
If at first you do succeed try to hide your astonishment.
If you can't learn to do it well, learn to enjoy doing it badly.
It is easier to write an incorrect program than to understand a correct one.
Life is a hereditary disease.
Life is like an analogy.
Make it right before you make it faster.
Smile, it makes the world wonder what you are up to.
The future is his who knows how to wait.
The law of the excluded middle either rules or does not rule.
Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do.
We give advice, but we cannot give the wisdom to profit by it.
The Dumb Luck Rule:
You can always hit what you don't aim at.
Maryann's Law:
You can always find what you're not looking for.
Young's Law:
All inanimate objects can move just enough to get in your way.
If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
Ginsberg's Restatement of the Three Laws of Thermodynamics:
You can't win.
You can't break even.
You can't quit.

If nobody uses it, there's a reason.
Shaw's Principle:
Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will want to use it.
Grossman's Misquote:
Complex problems have simple, easy to understand and wrong solutions.
Handy Guide to Modern Science:

If it's green or it wiggles, it's biology.
If it stinks, it's chemistry.
If it doesn't work, it's physics.

A bug in the hand is better than one as yet undetected.
The computer is mightier than the pen, the sword, and, usually, the programmer.
Choose variable names that won't be confused.
Every program is either trivial or it contains at least one bug.
In science, every problem is either trivial or unsolvable. But it can take quite a long time to decide for a given problem int which category it belongs.
Make it right before you make it faster.
Watch out for off-by-one errors.
All probabilities are really 50%. Either a thing will happen or it won't.
Give me a lever long enough, and a place to stand, and I'll break the lever.
Heisenberg may have been right.
Life is difficult because it is non-linear.
Proximity isn't everything, but it comes close.
If you can distinguish between good and bad advice, you don't need advice.
Life is not a zero-sum game.
Hanlon's Razor:
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.
Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
One meets her destiny often on the road she takes to avoid it.
Use the simplest solution which suffices.
What a strange game. The only winning move is not to play.
- WOPR, War Games
An experiment may be considered successful if no more than half the data must be discarded to agree with the theory.
No-one is ever a villain in his own eyes, keep this in mind.
When in doubt, save.
Fools ignore complexity. Pragmatists suffer it. Geniuses remove it.
Hellrung's Law: "If you wait, it will go away."
Shavelson's Extension: "...after having done its damage."
Grelb's Addition: "If it was really bad, it will be back."
Objects may be divided up in three categories: malfunctioning objects, objects getting broken and objects getting lost.
- Russel Baker
Real programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Blore's Razor:
Given a choice between two theories, take the one which is funnier. >hr> To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target.
-- Ashleigh Brilliant
Finagle's Second Law:
No matter what the result is, there will always be someone eager to
misinterpret it
fake it
believe it happened according to his own pet theory.

I doubt, therefore I might be.
In the beginning was the word.
But by the time the second word was added to it,
there was trouble.
For with it came syntax ...
-- John Simon
Silverman's Law:
If Murphy's Law can go wrong, it will.
The two most common things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
There are three ways to get something done:
Do it yourself.
Hire someone to do it for you.
Forbid your kids to do it.

Sometimes "mu" is the answer.
Q: What is the meaning of life?
A: Life is a fatal, sexually transmitted disease.

Theft from a single author is plagiarism.
Theft from two is comparative study.
Theft from three or more is research.

In most instances, all an argument proves is that two people are present.
Amazing but true...
If all the salmon caught in Canada in one year were laid end to end across the Sahara Desert, the smell would be absolutely awful.
Amazing but true...
There is so much sand in Northern Africa that if it were spread out it would completely cover the Sahara Desert.
Angular momentum makes the world go round.
Endless Loop: n., see Loop, Endless.
Loop, Endless: n., see Endless Loop.

Dimensions will always be expressed in the least usable term. Velocity, for example, will be expressed in furlongs per fortnight.
Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.
-- Elbert Hubbard
God is real, unless declared integer.
Gravity is a myth, the Earth sucks.
Love is like math: simple at first but it can get complicated.
Organic chemistry is the study of carbon compounds. Biochemistry is the study of carbon compounds that crawl.
Q: Do you know what the death rate around here is?
A: One per person.
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
- Philip K. Dick
Schapiro's Explanation:
The grass is always greener on the other side -- but that's because they use more manure.
Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science.
- Henri Poincaré
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."
Velilind's Laws of Experimentation:
If reproducibility may be a problem, conduct the test only once.
If a straight line fit is required, obtain only two data points.

Once you accept his assumptions even a madman seems reasonable.
To be, or not to be, those are the parameters.
O'Riordan's Theorem:
Brains x Beauty = Constant.
Purmal's Corollary:
As the limit of (Brains x Beauty) goes to infinity, availability goes to zero.

It's a bit much, but if you bother to read it, you find that some of the quotes are incredibly funny and true!!!

And one thing for El:- EVERYONE ELSE IS HERE BUT ROSH!!!!!!!!!!!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: March 28, 2003, 04:23:24 pm by larewen_evenstar » Logged

pixiegirl
Demon God(ess)

BAAAAAAAA!

View Profile Email
« Reply #193 on: March 28, 2003, 04:22:13 pm »

Those are great, where did you get them from???  ;D  ;D

El The Istari
Demon God(ess)

I am the pic theif. You are next. Yes, you.

View Profile Email
« Reply #194 on: March 28, 2003, 04:24:50 pm »

Uh, you could have just posted a link. But you're Lar the smart one. Of incredible intelligence. So you don't need to conserve precious webspace. [/sarcasm]

*Puts on armour before Miss. Jewel decided to attack.*

Making good use of the smilies, eh Stix?  ;D

Of course I'm out of my mind, it's dark and scary in there!
Forget the dogs of war. The wolves of war are what you should be worrying about.
Excuse me, I seem to have found a Heero in my shoe.
FOR SALE: 1 set of morals, never used
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines