Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:07:55 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  El-Hazard RPG and RB El Haz 2 Supplement? Exists?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: El-Hazard RPG and RB El Haz 2 Supplement? Exists?  (Read 4180 times)
kalia_rocks
« on: January 25, 2005, 03:17:00 am »

Hello NooB here! Asking about a small reference in The El-Hazard Role-Playing Game and Resource Book about a Supplement for El-Hazard 2.... page 32.

Does this exist?
If so, where can I get it?
If not, did someone figure out their own already??
smkviper
Demon God(ess)

Couldn't find a EH avatar, but likes Mai-HiME alot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 11:23:59 am »

Are you referring to the El-Hazard RPG book published by Guardians of Order? If so, you can still buy it in their rarities store (It's about 2/3 of the way down the page). As to what it contains... I have no idea. I bought the book recently from them and am waiting for it to ship ;D If it's like their other licensed anime books, it will basically be an RPG setting with specific rules for that series, and a lot of info about various characters, factions, and settings of the series. Usually you need a core RPG rule book to go with it though. (And judging by the age of the book, I'm guessing it will be using the Tri-Stat dX system, not the d20 system)

Oh, and welcome to the forums!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 11:25:12 am by smkviper » Logged

Millenia: Aw. You're a sweetheart, aren't ya. This should be fun.

Ryudo: If your idea of fun is wading through rivers of blood, gobbets of flesh, and gut fresh upon your lips, then yes, it will be fun.

Millenia: Then what a
kalia_rocks
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 01:37:23 pm »

No, that's not it, I already have the book that you are talking about. It is quiet nice and has everything you'll need for a campaign, or just a good read. When you get it, it will mention an supplement for doing an El-Hazard 2 campaign and characters on page 32.

I'm just wondering if they ever made it, or if it is no longer available, and thus extremely rare.
kalia_rocks
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 01:38:15 pm »

Thanks for the welcome.
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 01:43:22 pm »

I know what you're talking about, but I don't think it was ever published.  But things do happen right under your nose sometimes... still, I never heard about it.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
kalia_rocks
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 03:30:32 pm »

Thanks, and since it doesn't seem to exist, did anyone create their own stats and info for the cast and crew of El-Hazard 2.

Namely Kalia, Ifurita(Desert), Trigger of Destruction, and Yuba Yurius?

Thanks You guys have been a big help!
smkviper
Demon God(ess)

Couldn't find a EH avatar, but likes Mai-HiME alot

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 04:23:35 pm »

Well, having not seen the book I can only make wild guesses based on my knowledge of the characters.

Kalia I would expect to be simliar in power level to Ifurita, possibly a little more powerful, with different abilities.

Desert Ifurita I would see no reason not to be identical to the "regular" Ifurita, since they are the same model. If you wanted to be particular you could make her have fewer combat abilities and/or slightly weaker as she was not used for combat after she was woken by Yuba, unlike "regular" Ifurta, which fought the priestesses after Jinnai woke her up.

The Trigger of Distruction is difficult, since it's supposedly able to destroy the entire universe. Since no other capabilities were shown in the anime (that I know of) it would make sense that it would basically be a large, heavily armored mecha with a single one-shot attack that destroys the universe (with a large charge up time of course). And I would guess that that kind of attack would pretty much end any El-Hazard game ;D I don't remember if it needed Kalia to fire it or not... been too long since I've seen El-Hazard 2.

Yuba would be pretty close to Makoto, since he seems to have the same ability. He might be considered more "powerful" since he's had more time to work with and hone his ability.

That's the best I can think of right now without the book in hand. Hope that helps a little bit!

Millenia: Aw. You're a sweetheart, aren't ya. This should be fun.

Ryudo: If your idea of fun is wading through rivers of blood, gobbets of flesh, and gut fresh upon your lips, then yes, it will be fun.

Millenia: Then what a
kalia_rocks
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2005, 07:49:47 pm »

Yeah, Thanks!
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2005, 08:34:41 am »

The Trigger of Distruction is difficult, since it's supposedly able to destroy the entire universe. Since no other capabilities were shown in the anime (that I know of) it would make sense that it would basically be a large, heavily armored mecha with a single one-shot attack that destroys the universe (with a large charge up time of course). And I would guess that that kind of attack would pretty much end any El-Hazard game ;D I don't remember if it needed Kalia to fire it or not... been too long since I've seen El-Hazard 2.

The Trigger had a few other abilities that might be worth considering. For instance, it seemed to have a kind of energy draining ability, wherein it launched a bunch of tentacles all around and used them to suck energy out of the ground and vegitation. I think that it required this energy in order to launch its main, universe-destroying attack (hence, why Kalia didn't just destroy the universe as soon as she revived the Trigger).

I may be misremembering, but I think it might also have shot energy beams of some kind out of the eye sockets of its skull-head-thing. I'm pretty sure that the Trigger was doing SOMETHING to keep the Priestesses and Fujisawa occupied while Makoto and Ifurita 2 made their way inside.

The 1337 poster
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2005, 08:53:11 pm »

Welcome (belated) Kalia_rocks! Though I've noticed you posting in the PotM for some time now.  ^^;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
kalia_rocks
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2005, 03:01:45 am »

Thanks! Have finally got myself to get into the forums here.
archaon
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2005, 11:00:58 pm »

As I remember it, the trigger had two main cannons, one in its "mouth" and one under its main body. In addition, it would regenerate any damaged part of itself, launching back the same energy attack that hurted it, or perhaps amplified. It would actually increase its size, turning all matter and energy to part of itself or destroying energy. The process seemed to be rather slow, but Yuba had mentioned something about the trigger still being in phase 1(Wouldn't want to see it in other phases... ^^; ^^; ^^; )

desert-ifurita seemed to be able to destroy it without much trouble, but Makoto persuaded her to save Miz first.
Also the Trigger is semi-biological, has inner defenses(some slime buggiemen ;)), it requires Kalia to survive, after it is launched and inside it, close to her, she seems to be able to shape any part of it at will. It also used Miz as a battery.There must be other things that I can't recall...

I believe desert-Ifurita was an early model and both less capable and less experianced than Makoto's. Perhaps a memory lapse?(or wipe?) There was a hint about something like that...

All those things come from an english sub
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines