Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:33:15 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  21 Hours of El Hazard!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 21 Hours of El Hazard!  (Read 4901 times)
daguru
Dimension Traveler

BRILLIANT!

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2005, 07:37:45 pm »

Don't know if anyone's attempted this before, but would anyone here watch both OVAs, alternative world, wanderers, AND listen to the radio dramas in under a day (without fast-forwarding)?

I'm planning on doing this in May on the 10-year anniversery. I'm gonna determine the physical strains on the human body during the process. I'll also get to see if it has any odd psychological effects on me as well. ^_^V

Heck, I might as well throw in the viz mangas.

Jinnai's most trusted henchbug
stanky105
Dimension Traveler

Kaboom.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 04:43:31 pm »

lol, go for it. The closest I have come to that is when I watched the final 6 epps and all the movies of Neon Genesis right in a row - and it was the first time I saw any of them.

I felt really strange for the entire day after that, but I think it was the content of the series, not the actual physical task of watching it.  :P
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 09:15:02 pm »

I find that the older I get, the harder it is for me to marathon stuff. Used to be no problem at all. Guess I'm just getting antsy....

Although I have developed another quirky habit these days, I am reluctant to start a series unless I have the whole thing on hand. Makes for a ton of unwatched anime piling up on my HD.  ^^;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 09:24:30 am »

Marathoned all three Lord of the Rings Extended Editions last month with my family. That only took about 12 hours, though. We had a good time. ;D

Haven't marathoned any El-Hazard, though, unless you count watching all of OAV1 in one sitting.

The 1337 poster
Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 07:13:57 pm »

Marathoned GTO and Berserk with friend so far, we're planning to do it with another series in a few weeks time maybe I'll suggest EL-Hazard since it only has 6 episodes

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

archaon
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2005, 08:01:45 pm »

Wow, great forum. This is my first post and certainly not the last...
About said marathon
I have made OVA1+OVA2+AW+manga three times. does that count?
But, lo, my best is this one: reading EH fanficion for five days in a row, 18 hours per day.
Does that count? ^_^V ^_^V
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2005, 09:03:46 pm »

I think I burned through Ken Wolfe's "Earth" series and "Reunited" in about that amount of time.  I found them to be enthralling reads.

Welcome to the forum!

--me

M. J. Engels
Signal Technician
Brotherhood of Railroad Signalmen LU 14
CN Rail
Valparaiso, Indiana   USA

archaon
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2005, 11:54:59 pm »

Took me two days. It was a masterpiece. Since now I have read it twice.
Especially the end was beyond anything else...

(The following is for fully self-promotional reasons. You have been warned ;))
By the way, I have started a fic myself, at fanfiction.net, but it is a first attempt and few know about it...
Any advice from the veterans is acceptable...
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2005, 08:47:15 pm »

we're planning to do it with another series in a few weeks time maybe I'll suggest EL-Hazard since it only has 6 episodes

Well, 7 actually.  ^^;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
daguru
Dimension Traveler

BRILLIANT!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2005, 05:37:50 pm »

oooooh. Just figured out an extra challenge to add to my marathon. What if I wore my newly-constructed Groucho armor? (it's not finished yet, but it will be.)

nirvana
Bugrom Forces

A Wandering Dreamer in the Land of Beautiful Girls

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2005, 05:45:10 pm »

Don't know if anyone's attempted this before, but would anyone here watch both OVAs, alternative world, wanderers, AND listen to the radio dramas in under a day (without fast-forwarding)?

I'm planning on doing this in May on the 10-year anniversery. I'm gonna determine the physical strains on the human body during the process. I'll also get to see if it has any odd psychological effects on me as well. ^_^V

Heck, I might as well throw in the viz mangas.
Heh...I've attempted this once actually...although not all in one sitting. I would watch/read/listen to one whole series during a span of 5 days. (I.E. Monday: Watch OVAs, Tuesday: Watch Alternative World, Wednesday: Watch The Wanderers, Thursday: Reading the Manga, Friday: Listen to the Radio Dramas.)

"Like a dream from a time faraway, a sweet memory lingers from the distant past. Like a kingdom that you reach. After many years of dreaming, El-Hazard is the eternal homeland and the land of never-ending adventures. As long as there is a challenging
daguru
Dimension Traveler

BRILLIANT!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2005, 12:46:42 am »

oops. forgot to post my results. I took some pics of myself while watching and a pic of everything I was gonna watch/read.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/daguru/21hrs.jpg

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines