Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:17:30 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  New Oh! My Goddess TV series
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: New Oh! My Goddess TV series  (Read 13715 times)
smkviper
Demon God(ess)

Couldn't find a EH avatar, but likes Mai-HiME alot

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2005, 12:02:06 pm »

Well, the new Oh! My Goddess TV series started airing last night in Japan (or something like that, time differences are confusing). So fan-subs should show up soon!

*bounces off walls in happiness* ^_^V

Millenia: Aw. You're a sweetheart, aren't ya. This should be fun.

Ryudo: If your idea of fun is wading through rivers of blood, gobbets of flesh, and gut fresh upon your lips, then yes, it will be fun.

Millenia: Then what a
kajishima_masaki
Bugrom Forces

Just Another Day.....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 07:42:22 pm »

I heard of that. What is it about? Is it related to the original video Oh My Goddess? Or is it a remake?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 07:42:59 pm by kajishima_masaki » Logged
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 10:54:07 pm »

A DivX of a promo trailer, and a bunch of vidcaps of the new TV series OP and ED, are here:
http://www.bigblah.net/amg/

And here are larger vidcaps of the OP:
http://echoalpha.com/etc/OhMyGoddess_2005_1280x1440.jpeg

I've heard that it picks up where the OVA leaves off, the same as with the You're Under Arrest! OVA and TV series.  But that trailer seems to be a clip of Bell and K1's first meeting.  So I don't know.  EDIT:  Yes, the TV series starts over at the beginning.

(I'm not exactly bouncing off the walls, but this may one of the high points of an already lousy year of 2005.  From the vidcaps, it sure looks good.)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 05:54:57 pm by mrwhat » Logged
smkviper
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 12:08:42 pm »

It starts over from the beginning of the OMG manga (so it tells the same stuff the OVA does) and will be putting much more stuff from the manga in. Mara, Hild, and the Ninjettes show up in the op, so I hope they show in the series... (the OVA op had characters that never showed in the OVA itself) The demons have been severely lacking in representation in the various OMG animes... (they don't show in the OVA or Movie. Mara only shows for one or two mini-goddess episodes as a chibi)

Ryudo: If your idea of fun is wading through rivers of blood, gobbets of flesh, and gut fresh upon your lips, then yes, it will be fun.

MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 01:53:56 am »

Track down a RAW AVI and watch it, if you can.  I watched it earlier this evening.  It's stunningly beautiful.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 05:55:23 pm by mrwhat » Logged
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2005, 10:28:41 pm »

Funny, we'd tossed this idea back and forth alot on the old AIC English forums. I'm glad to see it's finally happening! I hope we manage to get to see most of it on fansub before some company licenses it and sits on it for half a year. I wonder how many episodes it is?

And thankfully, they are retaining the original OVA/movie cast!

It was recently announced at TBS Anime Fiesta that the new Oh! My Goddess TV series, airing on BS-i and TBS next year, will feature no changes to the cast. Kikuko Inoue, Masami Kikuchi, Yumi Touma, and Aya Hisakawa will reprise their roles as Belldandy, Keiichi, Urd and Skuld respectively. As previously reported, the TV series will also keep the same principle staff as the OVA. Source: MoonPhase

It just isn't OMG without Kikuko Inoue! Well, there was that first season of Adventures of the Mini-Goddesses when she was on maternity leave...... but then she returned for the second season and....... notice how surreal the series got?  ^^;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Shaylas Raven
Londs' Screen Time

Kirin

ICQ Messenger - 15835793 AOL Instant Messenger - TheRavenIsDead
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2005, 08:37:30 am »

Saw the trailer, Looks pretty good. Hope it lives up to the OAV quality. Here's hoping eh?  ;D

I hope AY subs ep 1 quickly..  ^^;

*goes to nag kev*  ^_^V
« Last Edit: January 09, 2005, 08:38:43 am by theravenisunskill » Logged
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 12:50:18 am »

I'm sure I don't have to tell everyone-- but the ep 1 fansub is in release now.  (That was fast!)

Go get it!!  ;D
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2005, 10:54:40 am »

Yay! I'm so glad to see OMG finally getting the treatment it deserves! ^_^V

The demons have been severely lacking in representation in the various OMG animes...

Feh. Considering how overrepresented they are in fanfiction, I never really missed 'em. :P

Don't get me wrong; I enjoy the characters, but I don't think that the demons are as integral to OMG as many fans seem to think they are. By the end of the OAVs, I didn't feel even remotely gipped that Mara didn't make an appearance despite her presence in the opening animation.

The 1337 poster
smkviper
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2005, 12:25:45 pm »

Well, I just wanted to see Mara and Hild animated. They do take up a couple of the story-arcs so it would be nice to see those story arcs show up in the anime.

Saw the first episode though, really nice animation and it was cool to see more of Keiichi before Belldandy shows up. Helps establish his character ;D

Personally, I hope that they bring the dub cast of the movie back for the dub of the TV Series. Or the dub cast of the OVA, I'm not too particular, but Sora, Peorth, and some other characters were dubbed in the movie and it would be odd to change them again. (Two seperate dub teams is bad enough)

Not that I hate subs mind you. I just prefer dubs if they are done well.

js_morris
Demon God(ess)

Defender of Fair Play

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2005, 05:00:07 pm »

If you're interested, I have some screen caps over on my LiveJournal as well.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/jeff_morris

JSM
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2005, 03:10:00 pm »

New Oh! My goddess! I'm so happy! ;D

Finally another anime to add to the list to sit and wait for desperately.

So many anime's...so little time...*rocks back and forth*

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Shaylas Raven
Londs' Screen Time

Kirin

ICQ Messenger - 15835793 AOL Instant Messenger - TheRavenIsDead
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2005, 04:38:40 am »

I saw Solar fansub's version of Ep 1.  ^_^V

I was impressed, it looks good so far, cant wait for ep 2 and 3  ^_^V
smkviper
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2005, 12:05:43 pm »

2nd episode is fan-subbed by Solar.

This series is off to a slow start, they aren't even at the temple yet (that's the next episode). Going to be interesting to see if they take the OVA version (empty, run-down temple) or the manga version (monk living there who leaves).

I kinda like the slower pace. Helps establish the characters and their relationships better. Though I do hope that they speed up a bit. I don't want the first season to end on a cliff-hanger with Urd just showing up ;D

kajishima_masaki
Bugrom Forces

Just Another Day.....

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2005, 10:41:57 am »

I saw the second episode, it was good. Real good. Belldandy has arrived. But did not yet find a place yet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines