Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:14:50 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  "Ahh, you damn otaku..."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: "Ahh, you damn otaku..."  (Read 11537 times)
smkviper
Demon God(ess)

Couldn't find a EH avatar, but likes Mai-HiME alot

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2004, 01:22:06 pm »

MrWhat... you have waay too much time on your hands.

But we thank you for that ^_^V

Many of those are also from the series Azumanga Daioh.  I think I need to pick that one up next.

Yes, yes you do. It's hilarious. And the dub is great too. ;D

Millenia: Aw. You're a sweetheart, aren't ya. This should be fun.

Ryudo: If your idea of fun is wading through rivers of blood, gobbets of flesh, and gut fresh upon your lips, then yes, it will be fun.

Millenia: Then what a
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2004, 03:42:15 pm »

MrWhat... you have waay too much time on your hands.

But we thank you for that ^_^V

I think that summarizes the general opinion.  XD

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2004, 11:02:00 pm »

MrWhat... you have way too much time on your hands.

Nah.  If I had too much free time, then I'd have the second half of Hana Ni Arashi, at least three more novel-length EH fan-fics, several bad translations of Japanese EH books and comics, a bunch of cartoony fan-arts, a couple of anime music videos...

This is just a case of Too Much Free Hard Drive Space.  I'm just pleased to find a use for even a small part of the roughly 2GB of useless anime images that I've hoarded.
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2004, 11:16:15 pm »

Fair enough.  But you still give us joy, and thusly we are thankful for that.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2004, 12:10:52 am »

Hey Nani-san, did you here that there's going to be a third season of UFO Princess Valkyrie?

Here's some picage from the wonderful world of Kimagure Orange Road....

Madoka is going to be mad....

....REALLY mad!

Fellas, please remember; NEVER GO UNDER THE STRAPS WHEN APPLYING SUNTAN LOTION ON YOUR GIRL'S BACK

And now for some of those infamous Azumaga Daioh crossovers:

Ikkitousen Daioh

Azumanga-FF7

Inital-D Daioh

Gunslinger Daioh

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
kajishima_masaki
Bugrom Forces

Just Another Day.....

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2004, 08:49:00 am »

I dig those Azumanga Daioh pics, they're great. But where did ya get those Azumanga Daioh crossover pics, I've gotta to know. Are there anymore? I've got to get me some. I like that Azumanga FF7 stuff. Jeepers Creepers where'd ya get those peek-tures, jeepers creepers, where'd ya get those pics(where'd ya get them),where'd ya get those pics(where'd ya get them),where'd ya get those pics(where'd ya get them), where did you get those pics.*trumpets play*

on Oct 31st, 2004, 8:06pm ftp://Saucer wrote:
This thread is starting to remind me of the episode transitions for Galaxy Angel season 3. They would flash some random/weird picture on the screen and the Angel-tai would try to make jokes about it.

You mean the eyecatch right? I love that. Especially the one with the Mint writing, and the others assume it's Mint's house, or the one about the statue of the kid, and Forte keeps saying he's trying to forget his dark memories, and Mint argues, someone young like that? And the one where Normad always says Give Vanilla-san another cushion. And the one with Cocomo and Malibu always saying something to end the eyecatch. I love Galaxy Angel it is cool. The angels are funny and great especially the missile Normad or the Commander. I also like those Twin Star guys as well, they're funny too. I think they oughta make a spin-off with the Twin Star in it. Or they could put Tact(commander from the game) in the Twin Star unit. Back to the point, got any cool and funny pics of Galaxy Angel? I'd love to see 'em!

MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2004, 10:31:07 pm »

Gunslinger Daioh

LOL!...  Uh, did Osaka just pull the pin on that hand grenade?  ^^;

I dig those Azumanga Daioh pics, they're great. But where did ya get those Azumanga Daioh crossover pics, I've gotta to know. Are there anymore?

Myself, I've seen other AD parodies crop up on 4chan and IdleChan.  Here's a few:

Evangelion 1
Evangelion 2
Evangelion oekaki

Kiki's Delivery Service.

Sorry to be stupid, but I don't know this one.

And this one makes me think of Bjork's song "Army Of Me."

I also don't know Azumanga Daioh yet, and that's rapidly escalating to an emergency situation.  I think that my last Big DVD Order of the year needs to be placed very quickly.
Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

AOL Instant Messenger - holyknightwayne
View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2004, 12:06:13 am »

Sorry to be stupid, but I don't know this one.

Understandable; being a video game instead of an anime. :D That's Valkyrie Profile, which I own but've never played. *chuckles*

Azumanga FF7 > *. If it was sized differently, that'd be my wallpaper now. :] All the roles are pretty much brilliant, although Chiyo seems out of place as Cait Sith. (But who else would she have been? :\)

As for the anime itself... you'd probably like it, Eric, since you know a lot more about Japan and its culture and language than most of us (or at least me, anyway, heh). Azumanga Daioh (AD) is probably the most "Japanese" anime I've ever watched-- tons of in-jokes, wordplay jokes, and cultural references. I read the subtitles (which helpfully explain about half of them... I think :| ) like a madman, and I'm still not sure what's going on sometimes.

But on the whole it's exceptionally good, and probably the best anime/cartoon derived from a small-panel comic (which the AD manga are-- they resemble American daily strips uncannily). The show is largely comedic with a handful of serious/dramatic moments, and most of the focus is [obviously] on character interaction, which is by far the anime's strongest point (AD is rare in that I liked pretty much all the main characters-- and that never happens).

The big drawback are the couple of episodes that focus on more unusual and surreal happenings (one is the token "dream" episode, which is a complete throwaway except for the punchline (...well, sort of) with Chiyo at the end)-- since most of those are Osaka's, she has the dubious honor of having both the best and worst scenes in the anime (in my opinion, anyway).

...but yeah, long review short (...heh, too late now), it's a very good comedic series that gets better the more you know about Japan. *chuckles*

"Die... a glorious death. Fight on and fly on, to the last drop of blood and fuel... to the last beat of the heart and the last kick of the motor... a death for a knight, a toast for his fellows, friend and foe."

-Manfred von Rich
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2004, 02:24:32 am »

Understandable; being a video game instead of an anime. :D That's Valkyrie Profile, which I own but've never played. *chuckles*

*chokes on own heart as it shoots up his chest and into his throat*

Ahem.

Sooo... are you mayhaps interested in selling said game that no one except me is most likely to buy? Hmm? Hmm?

I Care Deep
kajishima_masaki
Bugrom Forces

Just Another Day.....

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2004, 10:30:56 am »

Thanks for the pics MrWhat. I dig them. Every time I see Chiyo in some outfit I think to myself, OOOOHHH Chiyoooooo.....oohhhhhhh.... Thanks again!
on Dec 6th, 2004, 10:31pm ftp://MrWhat wote
I also don't know Azumanga Daioh yet, and that's rapidly escalating to an emergency situation.  I think that my last Big DVD Order of the year needs to be placed very quickly.

It's basically about a bunch of high school girls living there lives through high school, with one genius little girl in the form of Chiyo. To me, it's like a newspaper comic turn anime. Cool. Especially with high school girls, you'd expect magic and romance, well this doesn't have it and that's what's great about it, it's beautiful thing for me.
And this one makes me think of Bjork's song "Army Of Me."

More like megalomaniac Osaka to me. hehehehe. Hail Osaka!
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2004, 01:50:00 am »

OMFG! Those Evagelion parodies are hysterical! I was LMFAO at the NERV leaf logo in the background that says "Azumanga." It just looks hella funny. Especially with Yomi-chan as Ikari.

js_morris
Demon God(ess)

Defender of Fair Play

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2004, 10:52:13 pm »

Well nanny nanny foo foo. I'll see your "Evangelion Daioh" and raise you a "Robinmanga Daioh"..

http://whrobin.at.infoseek.co.jp/

Some English translations at http://www.pick.ucam.org/~tjm35/robimanga/

JSM
kajishima_masaki
Bugrom Forces

Just Another Day.....

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2004, 08:16:32 am »

Cool Azumanga crossover there. Though I'm not a Witch Hunter Robin Fan, I think it's cool seeing another Azu parody.  

RIP Fernando Poe Jr.,dubbed as "the king" of Philippine cinema. He was 65 years old. Died of stroke. Never wanted you as president of the Philippines, but sorry for all the bashing. Rest in peace.:bawl

News of Poe's illness and death gripped the Philippines, shoving aside reports about a bomb blast on Sunday and deadly floods that have devastated northeastern provinces.

Some holiday season this is in the Philippines. Have pity.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2005, 10:42:04 pm »

Well nanny nanny foo foo. I'll see your "Evangelion Daioh" and raise you a "Robinmanga Daioh"..

http://whrobin.at.infoseek.co.jp/

Some English translations at http://www.pick.ucam.org/~tjm35/robimanga/

JSM

Those were pretty random. I'm sure they'd be even funnier if I were more familiar with Witch Hunter Robin. ^^; I have some Azumanga/Maria-sama ga Miteru gag strips like that. And aside form the basic premise, I'm not entirely sure what's going on....

Anyway, witness the power of Shinkon Gattai Godannar!

It's not what you think...... really, it's not......

smkviper
Demon God(ess)

Couldn't find a EH avatar, but likes Mai-HiME alot

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2005, 11:26:27 am »

... riiiiight

We now have proof that Saucer only watches hentai in his free time ;D

Millenia: Aw. You're a sweetheart, aren't ya. This should be fun.

Ryudo: If your idea of fun is wading through rivers of blood, gobbets of flesh, and gut fresh upon your lips, then yes, it will be fun.

Millenia: Then what a
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines