Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:52:04 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Demon God Dementia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Demon God Dementia  (Read 11464 times)
smkviper
Demon God(ess)

Couldn't find a EH avatar, but likes Mai-HiME alot

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2004, 01:43:04 pm »

You know what is funny about that pic, is not only do the two pairs look similar, but they have the same English voice actors  :)

Back on topic though, nice to have you back Iffy, sorry to hear about the stuff you're going through :(

Millenia: Aw. You're a sweetheart, aren't ya. This should be fun.

Ryudo: If your idea of fun is wading through rivers of blood, gobbets of flesh, and gut fresh upon your lips, then yes, it will be fun.

Millenia: Then what a
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2004, 08:20:21 pm »

You know what is funny about that pic, is not only do the two pairs look similar, but they have the same English voice actors  :)

It really doesn't help that Bob Marx was cast as Kotaro.

... where Bob Marx was also Jinnai's English VA, yes.  See linked AVI if your system is properly equipped.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 08:20:39 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2004, 11:05:45 pm »

Hibiki Ryoga is the ultimate paradox. On one hand, he doesn't give a crap. On the other hand, Ryoga is very careful and precise.

Seriously, Ranma 1/2 is like the funniest thing ever. That's the series that got me into anime. ^_^
« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 11:10:12 pm by saucer » Logged

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
xxdemongodifuritaxx
Demon God(ess)

I will do anything to make my Master happy

AOL Instant Messenger - KowaiNoNeko Yahoo Instant Messenger - xxdemongodxx
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2004, 04:15:40 am »

lol, I always thought that was funny as hell that Nanbara was played by the same voice as Jinnai. when I first heard him I was all, "oh my god, a parrallel jinnai...that's awesome!!!" but I do like his japanese voice too especially when he's singing the virus song. lol. that guy is just messed up. hehehe. yeah, things are looking okay so far, I'm hooked on evercrack 2, oh god, I just stayed on the game for about six to seven solid hours. I'm screwed up. I hate though how you have to basically stay in your house to sell crap. I think its dumb because 1.) I'd rather be out killing things than sitting on my butt gaining no experience  2.) no one is really doing any selling til later at night before they go to sleep and what good does that accomplish?  *sighs* I just think its retarded. I also think its retarded that once something goes grey and you need an item for a quest that comes out of a chest, you won't get the item anymore. so I had to cap my experience from battles and try to basically grab every gnoll in sight. ugh...ah well, I'm feeling pretty good that I can take on two or three gnolls at one time with my druid by herself. heh. all thanks to my regrowth spell. anyways, I gotta get to sleep, night all ^_^V

Punish me Master! I've been a bad demon god. ^^
smkviper
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2004, 12:23:21 pm »

*points Ifurita towards World of Warcraft which doesn't have the problems she mentions and is a much, much, much, much, very much better game*

But that's just my opinion that EQ and EQ2 sucks ;D

But great to hear you're doing better!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 12:23:46 pm by smkviper » Logged

Ryudo: If your idea of fun is wading through rivers of blood, gobbets of flesh, and gut fresh upon your lips, then yes, it will be fun.

xxdemongodifuritaxx
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2004, 05:23:40 pm »

do you not like eq or eq 2  because of the actual game or the company behind the game?

smkviper
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2004, 01:13:59 pm »

Both. EQ is alright I suppose, but so many other MMO games have come out since then that do it so much better then EQ did (IMO).

And I really don't like some of the EQ2 design decisions (i.e. group debt, the idea and implementation of a "group mob"). Plus, from what I've seen and played, it's still more of the boring grind game, with pretty (sort of) and system hogging graphics.

Personally, if we just want to talk graphics for a second, the EQ team needs to fire their graphics programmers since their engine is way too system hungry for the quality it puts out. (I remember a certain EQ expansion that upgraded the player graphics models, but required an insane amount of RAM if you wanted to actually see all the new models. That's just bad coding)

If I had to pick one reason why WoW is better then every other MMO game I've played (and I've played quite a few and been on the programming team for one - that one didn't have a level grind btw ;) ), it's because there is no level grind. Or at least, the level grind is hidden so well under the thousands of quests you can take that it isn't noticable.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 01:15:40 pm by smkviper » Logged

xxdemongodifuritaxx
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2004, 10:20:04 pm »

I suppose, but unfortunately I have not very much choice in the matter because I can't afford to buy my own account in anything right now and Jimi is offering it to me for free to share a character slot on his account so I guess all I have to say is free play is better than no play. =)

smkviper
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2004, 01:11:01 pm »

free play is better than no play

Definately! Have fun with EQ2 then ;D

xxdemongodifuritaxx
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2004, 06:16:42 pm »

Well, things are looking somewhat up for me in job market. place called me yesterday to set up interview for this morning. I went in and was kinda curious what the job was for since I have in the last month sent off my resume to so many ads it isn't funny. well, the company is Habitat For Humanity and they need a cashier/floor person and got my resume so they wanted to talk to me. may not be the best job in the world but honestly right now I'll take what I can get. they want to talk to me again since the guy who wanted to interview me had an emergency today. I like the company though. They help low income families build homes and sell them supplies. I think that is a very good cause and I would be happy to help in any way I can. *smiles warmly*  call me a sucker for having a big heart but I have always been that way so nyah. heh. hope you all are doing well. I've been also playing my vid games and trying to keep warm during this month. its chilly out and in but at least I have heat. :)

xxdemongodifuritaxx
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2004, 12:57:33 am »

got the job guys. finally got a job. it isn't the HFH but its a job nonetheless and I start next week. go me! ^_^

smkviper
Demon God(ess)

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2004, 11:46:45 am »

Congrats on the new job! ^_^V

mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2004, 11:56:26 am »

Indeed.  Congratulations on landing the job.  Much success to you in the future.

Season's Beatings one and all.  ;)

--me

M. J. "Mark" Engels
Signal Technician
Brotherhood of Railroad Signalmen LU 14
CN Rail
Valparaiso, Indiana  USA
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2005, 10:51:48 pm »

got the job guys. finally got a job. it isn't the HFH but its a job nonetheless and I start next week. go me! ^_^

Belated congratulations! :: thumbs up ::

Season's Beatings one and all.  ;)

--me

Season's Beatings?!  ???
« Last Edit: January 01, 2005, 10:53:47 pm by saucer » Logged

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2005, 11:13:56 pm »

Belated congratulations! :: thumbs up ::

Season's Beatings?!  ???

Morris can confirm that railroaders have a warped sense of humor.  It's a coping mechanism.  

Phone's ringing...gotta trouble call to get to.  Damn!  Just as I was all hepped up to enjoy my latest manga haul.  Trigun Maximum #3, Banner of the Stars II (I want Ono back as the illustrator!) and Battle Angel Alita Last Order #4.  At least the tankoubons travel well.  :(   I'll have time to read them trackside while I'm waiting for the train dispatcher to issue me authority to work on the signal system to fix the damn problem I'm being called out to work on!  >:(

And that's why we need the coping mechanism.

Nappy Yew Hear one and all.

--me

M. J. "Mark" Engels
Signal Technician
Brotherhood of Railroad Signalmen LU 14
CN Rail
Valparaiso, Indiana  USA

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines