Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:43:55 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  World of Warcraft
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 4384 times)
rowan_a._seven
Demon God(ess)

Demon Gods - as dangerous as they are cute.

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2005, 12:42:20 pm »

I've been a fan of Blizzard's Warcraft computer game series since playing Warcraft II for the first time and was delighted when the MMORPG "World of Warcraft" was released.  I purchased the game in late November and, over the ensuing months, have been surprised at how many people I know from various messageboards and mailing lists are also playing the game.  I know there are several MMORPG enthusiasts on this site and was wondering if any of you have played the game as well.  If so, on what server and with what character(s)?  I have an orc shaman on the Cenarion Circle server called Gorakinos.

Take care,
Rowan Seven
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 09:58:55 am »

I haven't played WoW. I wanted to, when the Beta came out, but wasn't quick enough to sign up. Not that it really matters, though - even if I'd loved it, I have way too much time and love invested in Final Fantasy XI to consider switching over.

I know people who have played it, though, and they typically report that it is an excellent game. The ones who complain typically complain about it being too "easy" - that is, it requires too little effort to level up, it's too easy to craft, and so on and so forth. I've seen this complaint echoed elsewhere, as well, that WoW is currently the easiest MMORPG on the market.

Whether this is a fault or a virtue is probably in the eye of the beholder. ;) Glad you enjoy playing!

The 1337 poster
smkviper
Demon God(ess)

Couldn't find a EH avatar, but likes Mai-HiME alot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 11:03:41 am »

WoW is "easy"? I guess it could be considered "easy" if you happen to love grinding xp from monsters like FFXI or EQ. The crafting could be considered "easy" if you like loosing materials when you (usually) fail while trying to level up a crafting skill...

Not to say other MMO games are bad (I have played several other MMO games including FFXI, EQ2, Shadowbane, DAoC, Asheron's Call 2, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, Matrix Online, and Guid Wars... some more then others), but WoW takes out a lot of the tedium associated with MMO gaming.

You can solo to 60 (though it will not be as easy as grouping to 60), grinding monsters is disguised as quests with a decent chunk of tangable reward, crafting isn't fustrating, and so on. Sure, there are people that hit 60 in a few weeks, but those are the people that have no lives and just blaze through the game quickly.

Ok, enough about WoW. You can read all about it at the official site ;D I usually play on Lightbringer as alliance, though I have a few alts scattered across a couple of other servers that I don't play nearly as much.

Millenia: Aw. You're a sweetheart, aren't ya. This should be fun.

Ryudo: If your idea of fun is wading through rivers of blood, gobbets of flesh, and gut fresh upon your lips, then yes, it will be fun.

Millenia: Then what a
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines