Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:10:47 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Video Games
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Video Games  (Read 10002 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2004, 05:33:06 pm »

Actually, I tried something like that once.  ;D  Specifically, I had some CD full of random sound clips from movies, TV shows, etc.  Lots of dialog I had never heard before.  I threw it all into a massive playlist and let it loose on some muted TV.  It didn't always work, but once in a while something really funny would happen.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
xxdemongodifuritaxx
Demon God(ess)

I will do anything to make my Master happy

AOL Instant Messenger - KowaiNoNeko Yahoo Instant Messenger - xxdemongodxx
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2004, 05:45:55 pm »

lol, it reminds me of that show Mystery Science Theater 3000! hehe, I loved that show.

I really need to sit down and play more of my games. either that or go out and get ddr extreme for the ps2. I was told that Neverending Story was on it and I loved that song even more playing along. I think I just may hit the arcade later and mess on the hard pads a little before I get some dinner...no..wait..its saturday..everybody is up there. bah..it will have to wait til a week day. *shrugs* no biggie

Punish me Master! I've been a bad demon god. ^^
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2004, 08:16:25 pm »

Speaking of syncing audio to video, there are actually quite a number of films that go along great with Pink Floyd albums if you start them at the right moment. Most famously, Wizard of Oz + Dark Side of the Moon. Though my favorite was Blade Runner + Wish You Were Here. ^_^
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 08:21:50 pm by saucer » Logged

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
xxdemongodifuritaxx
Demon God(ess)

I will do anything to make my Master happy

AOL Instant Messenger - KowaiNoNeko Yahoo Instant Messenger - xxdemongodxx
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2004, 08:27:05 pm »

okay, this just really bugs the hell out of me. my soon to be roomie plays games through and then gets rid of them. am I the only one out there that keeps all her games and sometimes just for the hell of it, pops them in and plays them from the very beginning? I always have done that. I love popping in the original wild arms or maybe grandia and starting over from the very beginning and trying to outdo what I did before. I can't toss out such games. they are precious to me and I treat them all with such care. *sighs* I don't know, I just can't stand how he does that. I just think its wrong.....

*sighs*  ^^;     just a personal opinion of mine...

Punish me Master! I've been a bad demon god. ^^
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2004, 10:52:47 pm »

I dunno, people are like that. They grew weary of things or it's a passing fad. I sometimes like to play through my old favorites. Or randomly pick up a GTA game and go on a rampage on a whim.

Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2004, 07:22:33 am »

I can't imagine ever getting rid of my games ;; I can't let go. Because I know that as soon as I get rid of them I'll suddenly have the urge to play something :p

The games I most frequently replay are:

Megaman 3, 4, and 6, and X1
Sonic 1, 3, Sonic & Knuckles and chaotix (for like 30 min at a time)
Castlevania 3, 4, and Symphony of the Night
Final Fantasy 5 and 7
The Legend of Zelda (original), Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask
Super Mario Bros. 3 and Mario World

and there are tons of others I could never part with... like Little Nemo, Bucky O' Hare, Battle Toads, Maniac Mansion, any of the classic Mario Bros. games

the list goes on and on ... I currently have 86 console games (non-bootleg) and I'm not going to bother counting my GB and GBA games because they are in another room and I'm lazy :p

so yeah...I don't get rid of anything because I never know when I'll want it back (eventhough 90% of the games I own can be easily emulated on the computer :p )

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2004, 09:41:43 pm »

I've been devoting virtually every moment not already set aside for work, sleep and eating to GTA: San Andreas and Dead or Alive Ultimate. Two games I've been waiting for, for a long time. And they were well worth the wait!

kajishima_masaki
Bugrom Forces

Just Another Day.....

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2004, 10:13:07 am »

Hey yo! I am also to old video games, and to some new, ones. But, I don't have a Gamecube or a PS2, just a GBA. I play the old ones through emulation, cause my old consoles don't work no more, I mostly play PC games these days. To the contributor Kathy Guinea, it's good to play the old school games, and hang on to them, for yesterday's goods are today's treasures and antiques, perhaps collector's items. And to the other contributor Saucer, you got GTA San Andreas? WOOO! Are there any cool lines that Lazlow makes in the radio stations? Any appearances from Vice City or GTA 3? And will there ever be a PC version? If there is, when will it be released? I need to know!

PS: I play PC versions of GTA games, and I add my personal favorite songs to the MP3 Player in them.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2004, 10:26:10 pm »

And to the other contributor Saucer, you got GTA San Andreas? WOOO! Are there any cool lines that Lazlow makes in the radio stations? Any appearances from Vice City or GTA 3? And will there ever be a PC version? If there is, when will it be released? I need to know!

I don't think Lazlow is on any of the stations. But the DJ on the old school Hip-Hop stations mentions that in the 80s he got kidnapped and was made to listen to Love Fist records for like weeks on end or something! Supposedly, there's a cameo by the main chara from GTA3 in a cut-scene to a mission I haven't encountered yet. There's other minor references here and there to past GTA games, but I can't remember them all. CJ of course begins the game by returning hom to Los Santos after spending five years in Liberty City, the locale of  the first three games. ^^;

PS: I play PC versions of GTA games, and I add my personal favorite songs to the MP3 Player in them.

That's a feature I've always envied in the PC versions! ^^; Though they usually pick enough good songs for the radio stations that I can deal.

kajishima_masaki
Bugrom Forces

Just Another Day.....

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2004, 01:07:11 am »

Ya know, I also like the songs in the two games(Vice City and GTA3), but the reason why I put songs in it, just to add a bit of atmosphere. Like in GTA 3, Liberty is like NYC right? So, I put a lot of R&B songs, a few East Coast, new ones like Nelly's My Place, and I even added a lot of Jazz songs to fit an old style New York environment, songs like Come Fly With Me, or Mack The Knife, I even added the beginning and ending songs of Cowboy Bebop the movie, cause they sound like Jazz and Funk, and I also added the ending theme of Metropolis cause it's also Jazz! As for Vice City, I felt that there were some 80s songs they shouold've put, but they probably weren't that much of a hit those days, so I put some 80s songs which I think they should've added, and are my personal favorites: Build Me Up Buttercup(Torch), Just Got Lucky(Joe Boxers), He's Back The Man Behind The Mask(an Alice Cooper song), Wake Me Up Before You Go-go(Wham), I even added the theme song Three's Company by the Late Ray Charles, "Come and knock on our door...", and I put a few Beach Boys songs in them as well, but this sounds funny though, I also added the theme from Benny Hill, so whenever I escape, it looks like a parody of the show, you know, the running gag while the music plays. And I even put the old Starship song Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now, so as I escape, it plays and shoot people down, " nothing's gonna stop us now" get it?
Adrain_Shepard
Londs' Screen Time

US Marines Corps Special Forces Unit

ICQ Messenger - 283272719 AOL Instant Messenger - AStrick576 Yahoo Instant Messenger - AdrainShephardHL
View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2004, 08:29:26 am »

i still play video games so far.The most games i played is Mortal Kombat Deception.First time ever online from midway and cool and neat features (Like Death Traps and suicide fatalilty),I also get Bam! I'm going to wait for GTA San andreas for the pc and xbox version next year.^^ looking forward to see it on the xbox and pc.

World of Warcraft:Server:Zul'Jin
Death Knight Human level 80 Kiyomitakada
Warrior Human level 80 Giselleandal
Rouge Human level 72 Suzukatwligh
smkviper
Demon God(ess)

Couldn't find a EH avatar, but likes Mai-HiME alot

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2004, 03:13:42 pm »

Unfortunately that picture doesn't show how massive that box really is, and how many cool goodies are stuck in it ;D

Millenia: Aw. You're a sweetheart, aren't ya. This should be fun.

Ryudo: If your idea of fun is wading through rivers of blood, gobbets of flesh, and gut fresh upon your lips, then yes, it will be fun.

Millenia: Then what a
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2004, 01:30:39 am »

I'm currently watching Kasumi and Helena bounce around in Dead or Alive Ultimate as well as kicking some Covenant ass in Halo 2.

I love my X-box. Microsoft, you have redeemed yourself to me; I forgive you for that whole Windows ME thing.

Now if they can only have DOA with guns and aliens... hmmm...

I Care Deep
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2004, 08:56:04 pm »

Now if they can only have DOA with guns and aliens... hmmm...

You mean clones and evil tengu aren't enough for you?! !? ?!  ^^;

Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2004, 02:03:19 pm »

More is better, dammit!

Plus don't tell me you've never wanted to put a cap in Jann Lee's chicken-screeching ass? *grumble* Lousy, low-rate, Bruce Lee reject...

I Care Deep
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines