Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:05:11 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  [Friday UPDATE] Pic-of-the-MOMENT
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: [Friday UPDATE] Pic-of-the-MOMENT  (Read 10910 times)
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2003, 09:27:48 pm »

And the world waits to see what Picture #100 will be...

Well, I'm waiting, anyway  ;D
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2003, 10:10:23 pm »

Wow, hadn't realized we were already that far up.  O_o

But, of course, Tim has been the general manager of it thus far.  :P

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2003, 08:38:27 pm »

I have a request! OVA Iffy, please! Been awhile since we had one of those. DLing a bunch of Iffy screencaps from you the other night, made me think how great an Iffy caption thing would be. She has some funny expressions.

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2003, 08:39:38 pm »

Actually, of all the characters in El-Hazard, I think OAV Ifurita has some of the most serious, stern, and otherwise normal expressions... what's "funny"? :p

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2003, 10:42:53 pm »

Actually, of all the characters in El-Hazard, I think OAV Ifurita has some of the most serious, stern, and otherwise normal expressions... what's "funny"? :p

That is exactly what makes her so funny!

^_^;

Yeah, I know I'm weird.

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2003, 10:45:01 pm »

Well, you GOT OAV Ifurita.  Now go make it funny.  ;)

Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2003, 01:49:06 am »

Grrr... Makoto AND the trecherous she-bot in the Centenial pic?! I protest! The grandness of Jinnai should be the one depicted, not those two dopes.

Feh, just cuz they're the main characters doesn't give them the right to hog everything!  >:(

I Care Deep
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2003, 08:36:13 pm »

As part of my ongoing efforts to avoid doing anything useful during weekday evenings, I've compiled a list of some of my favorite captions from the first 100 pictures.

And, being the shameless self-promoter that I am, my favorites of mine:  

Whew.  That was a lot of work  :P
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2003, 08:48:47 pm »

I do agree with a few of your choices there, such as LGJ's for #100.   ;D

One of these days, I'm planning to redo the comic script not only for a better layout (see a later caption script I designed for my sister's little site, probably will borrow some elements), but also allow voting of maybe once or twice for any particular image... except probably not your own quotes.  ;)  I mean it to help give confidence to our best.  Although I fear it might make it a little competitive too.  Oh well.  :P

Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2003, 09:22:14 pm »

Ha! I'm not worried. Competition is good for the soul! It weeds out all the weak elements and puts the strong where they rightfully deserve to be! It's Darwinism and Evolutionism and, uh, Strong vs the Weak.. ism.

Anyway, I say we go for it! Death to the Makotos, and long eternal life to the Jinnaians! A bucket in every bang, a baby for every kiss! Read my lips, no new taxis! We shall neva surrendar!

I Care Deep
washuchan
Demon God(ess)

charity, not love

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2003, 09:53:31 pm »

yay..I got in the list :)
actually it took a strenuous 10 min of brainstorming for that one, in the effort to catch up with everyone's creativity

and of course, LGJ got the hillarious trophy..man, you really do have the "blood", don't you?

Spanner got the connection ??? trophy, heh heh, I can picture the exact thing since I've watched & read all Love hina series & manga....but pulling tights down, that's gotta be intentional & Keitaro, well, ummm...

and last

IFURITA: I have no feelings or a heart!

(Makoto tackles Ifurita)

actually I was laughing so hard because I read tickels instead of tackles at first reading....but then the fun is gone after 2nd reading

hmm, OAV Iffy is funny after all , I guess

« Last Edit: August 06, 2003, 12:11:13 pm by washuchan » Logged
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2003, 10:49:10 pm »

As part of my ongoing efforts to avoid doing anything useful during weekday evenings, I've compiled a list of some of my favorite captions from the first 100 pictures.

And, being the shameless self-promoter that I am, my favorites of mine:  

Whew.  That was a lot of work  :P

w00t! I got quoted not once, not twice, but nine times! Sankyuu MrWhat, sir! I'd forgotte alot of those. Gave me a damn good laugh. I'll post my faves later. ^^;

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2003, 10:58:13 pm »

Of course, I've decided to put some effort into updating the script massively... you can already see how I've begun adopting that oh-so-nice one I wrote for my sister.

Sweet, sweet droplist... I think.  I at least hope that's a little more intuitive than the previous design.  I still haven't thought of a good way to manage the date/time stamps.  But a way to sort by recent posting would be wonderful.  After all, a lot of really old ones sometimes randomly get posted to by new participants.  And trying to look through all those dates will hurt your brain.

Um, point being -- you may want to hold off any more favorites list because all of your links will be totally invalidated once I update to a nice, clean, CGI implement that doesn't utilize these redundant space-wasting generated HTMLs.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2003, 10:59:26 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2003, 08:00:00 pm »

I do agree with a few of your choices there, such as LGJ's for #100.  ;D

That one was particularly brilliant, wasn't it?  Easily one of the Top Ten overall, to date.  Kudos, LGJ.

One of these days, I'm planning to redo the comic script not only for a better layout (see a later caption script I designed for my sister's little site, probably will borrow some elements)

I stumbled onto Sarah's caption contest awhile back.  I'll have to give it a try one of these days.  It could be more difficult when you don't know the characters-- or it could make free-association easier.

My thoughts on the new POTM posted in the new thread.

actually I was laughing so hard because I read tickels instead of tackles at first reading....but then the fun is gone after 2nd reading

You should post a "tickling" caption, washuchan!  No one's used that idea yet.  And that would be better than mine.  I'm afraid my 100th caption was actually one of my worst ones  :'(

Come to think of it, I should have written "glomps" instead of "tackles."  Oh well.
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2003, 12:14:24 am »

Pic-of-the-Moment #111

Why do I get the feeling that we're being led to certain conclusions with some of these...?  :P

The 1337 poster
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines