Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:14:54 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Nintendo Music
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Nintendo Music  (Read 6064 times)
smkviper
Demon God(ess)

Couldn't find a EH avatar, but likes Mai-HiME alot

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2005, 11:54:48 am »

Found this great video (~7.2 MB WMV file). Just click the link and it will send you to a page where you can right-click and hit "save target as" to save it.

Don't really want to describe it as it kinda gives it away, just that it is Nintendo Music  ;)

And if anyone could help me place what songs are from what games, I'd appriciate it (I know most, but not all of them).

Millenia: Aw. You're a sweetheart, aren't ya. This should be fun.

Ryudo: If your idea of fun is wading through rivers of blood, gobbets of flesh, and gut fresh upon your lips, then yes, it will be fun.

Millenia: Then what a
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 12:59:41 pm »

Heh.  I had just checked that one out a couple days ago... I didn't really enjoy it that much.  It was kinda annoying, really.  I just know it starts off with the infamous SMB theme, and then switches into one of Dr. Mario's themes.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

AOL Instant Messenger - holyknightwayne
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 01:58:36 am »

Right... it opens with the classic Mario 1 theme, then one of Dr. Mario's tracks, then something I can't place, then one of Tetris's tracks, then Mortal Kombat's "fight theme" (from the first movie, I think, actually-- I don't know if the games actually used it), then the theme from Zelda 1, and it's wrapped up with some closing music from Super Mario World [I'm pretty sure]. They play the Starman music (when one guy is running around knocking the other people down) from the classic Mario games, and the "dungeon" music from the original Mario game too (the piece that starts off with one guy on the right "singing" it).

I might've gotten Tetris and MK backwards in terms of placement-- when they're singing and a guy dressed like a ninja comes out, that's Mortal Kombat. :D Also, I'm not sure if there is any difference between Dr. Mario and Tetris... it sounds different, but I can't tell.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 01:00:48 am by wayne » Logged

"Die... a glorious death. Fight on and fly on, to the last drop of blood and fuel... to the last beat of the heart and the last kick of the motor... a death for a knight, a toast for his fellows, friend and foe."

-Manfred von Rich
stanky105
Dimension Traveler

Kaboom.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 02:50:56 am »

The extra theme you guys can't place is actually the Hammer Bros battle theme from super mario 3. It sounds very similar to Dr. Mario, I am sure one warped the melody off of the other.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines