Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:52:48 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Troubled Windows - Anime Something
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Troubled Windows - Anime Something  (Read 9842 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« on: June 11, 2004, 12:33:25 am »

It apparently is just known as "Troubled Windows".  This site has a short English description of it along with mini-bios on most of the characters:
http://elizar.com/showcase/ostan.htm

This site is full of art (some of it bordering on hentai, so viewer beware... why anyone would really make operating systems sexual is beyond me):
http://nijiura-os.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

This will specifically access the only six flash files I know of it that was custom made by various fans; two of which are an intro and an ending, respectively, if this were to be an actual anime series:
http://www.globetown.net/~ostanflash/index.html

A quick image depicting all the characters relevant to Windows OS maturation (C+P):
http://miao.us/images/10-windoujin-05.jpg

This depicts the apparent "favorite" character, ME -- "An incredibly naive individual, ME is unreliable due to the fact that she has a tendency to fail at everything; always with comedic results." -- in some little case instance (translated comic, C+P):
http://miao.us/images/10-windoujin-02.jpg

PC vs. Mac -- Classic.  (translated comics, C+P):
http://miao.us/images/10-windoujin-00.jpg
http://miao.us/images/10-windoujin-01.jpg

So, anyway, I find this series to be very amusing, from what little scraps I've seen.  Whaddya think?  My main question is, is this a doujinshi (i.e. professionally produced books and such), or limited only to internet fan art (copy of a copy of a fad as noted...?)  I'm thinking it's the latter, but I'm trying to get a better grasp of what this even IS.  :P

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
theravenisdead
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 03:32:16 pm »

Rob, I owe you one. ;D

Awesome stuff. NOW I have a mascot worthy of my |337 |>35|<70P  ^_^V

Naturally ME is a klutz ^_^ *burns a WinME CD*

Although every link to miao.us is unaccessible to me
(403: Forbidden)

N/M. Works now.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 05:42:44 pm by theravenisdead » Logged
theravenisdead
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 06:13:48 pm »

|337  ^_^V
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 06:32:27 pm »

Although you should technically have the "sexy XP"... oh well.  Awesome anyway.  ;D

I have become an instant fan simply by the context of this creation.  To help prove the point, I made the anigif to your left by PRINTSCREEN-ing the dancing flash file as it played.  :P
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 06:32:50 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

theravenisdead
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 07:39:47 pm »

While technically true, I think since my desktop is so tweaked out, It doesnt matter which I use as the mascot for WindowsSR  ^_^V 8) ^^;

I may customize that WP a bit later on. Untill then, |337!

btw, Nice Avatar. 5|<!//z !

On a small side note, the image showing the Windows Timeline (http://miao.us/images/10-windoujin-05.jpg) is incorrect. Saba represents Windows Server 2003, not NT 4.0 (NT3.51 represents both 3.51 and 4.0) slight error in that  ^^;
« Last Edit: June 11, 2004, 07:45:56 pm by theravenisdead » Logged
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars &amp; Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2004, 09:10:37 pm »

Holy cow! This is the first I've heard of OS Tan. But I have to say, it's pure genius! l337 w4llp4p3r5 f0r m3! I love the way they depict Mac OS9 as a violent bomb-crazy psycho. I also like the way they depict Longhorn as a "sleeping princess" with ram horns like Kahm from Outlanders. So I wonder where we can get some more doujinshi or webcomics of this?

Speaking of computer-related fanboy spazzes... Apple's new suprise this week, the liquid-cooled dual 2.5GHz 64-bit G5 has me creaming mah jeans! http://www.apple.com/powermac/

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2004, 09:17:34 pm »

So I wonder where we can get some more doujinshi or webcomics of this?

If anyone can find out, I'd be glad to know.  :P

theravenisdead
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2004, 10:28:37 pm »

This sounds like a job for The Raven!  ^_^V

*tackles Google*
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2004, 08:05:38 pm »

It apparently is just known as "Troubled Windows".

I stumbled across some of the wallpapers and fan-arts on a message board, not too long ago.  I haven't found anything that isn't already in your list of links.

The Linux girl is a were-penguin?  Hee hee.  That's gotta be inconvenient.

is this a doujinshi (i.e. professionally produced books and such), or limited only to internet fan art (copy of a copy of a fad as noted...?)  I'm thinking it's the latter, but I'm trying to get a better grasp of what this even IS.  :P

Yes, as far as I know, it's the latter.  

Off-topic, but your 'three girls dancing' avatar reminded me of this recent find:
Please think of the cat girls.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2004, 06:40:21 pm »

Off-topic, but your 'three girls dancing' avatar reminded me of this recent find:

LOL! That's awesome. UFO Princess Valkyrie rules!! It's the ultimate series for fans of neko-shoujo.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 06:41:17 pm by saucer » Logged

rowan_a._seven
Demon God(ess)

Demon Gods - as dangerous as they are cute.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2004, 08:58:54 pm »

Gah!  They're so...overwhelmingly cute!  Must resist...must resist...

LOL! That's awesome. UFO Princess Valkyrie rules!!

...Gosh darn it!  *succumbs to the cuteness of the cat-girls*  Looks like another series has been added to my list of shows to check out.   ^^;

By the way, "UFO Princess Valkyrie"?  ???  Those are three words I normally don't associate with each other.  Are they mostly just a catchy title or do they actually relate to the story somehow?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 09:02:05 pm by rowan_a._seven » Logged
dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2004, 08:25:44 am »

By the way, "UFO Princess Valkyrie"? Those are three words I normally don't associate with each other.  Are they mostly just a catchy title or do they actually relate to the story somehow?

I suspect it's the same as "Kiddy Grade"... a collection of arbitrary words that sound good together.

And I too am curious about this catgirl series of which you speak...

dooky

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2004, 10:14:47 pm »

By the way, "UFO Princess Valkyrie"?  ???  Those are three words I normally don't associate with each other.  Are they mostly just a catchy title or do they actually relate to the story somehow?

Well, yes both actually! If you like catgirls, and good anime in general, you'll love this series. I believe you can still get it off www.animesuki.com Two 12-episode seasons plus a TV special. It's a cute and fun series with a compelling plot, lots of great chara and laughs.

anubimon
Londs' Screen Time

Banzai.

AOL Instant Messenger - Dual+Blader+Kite
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2004, 06:34:23 pm »

Ah yes, the OS girls. I've known about them for a while-- 95 is my favorite.
They were just created by crazy Japanese people with no life, so no, there is no actual doujinshi to my knowledge.

What will the Japanese roll out with next?

There was a similar thing for those who are interested-- Gundam girls.

Gasp.
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2004, 07:19:25 pm »

There was a similar thing for those who are interested-- Gundam girls.

Actually, opposite gender versions of existing characters is a very common practice.  There are also male versions of the OS-tans.  :P

Anyway, yeah.  I've gained the idea that these are merely fancomics for every bit of their existence.  HOWEVER, there's supposed to be a whole bunch of comic strips (4 panels?) that have been written over the cource of the existence of OS-tan.  (You don't think they just made up character descriptions for fun arbitrarily, right?)  I have a few linked here, but there's supposed to be a bunch on some site somewhere... and a bunch of which got translated to English!  But I've only read this and have had no direction in which to look.  ;_;

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines