Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:15:06 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Fujisawa's Final Exam: Complete!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Fujisawa's Final Exam: Complete!  (Read 8718 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« on: May 29, 2004, 12:36:02 am »

Anyway, to refresh anyone who forgot, the EHAT (spin of SAT, y'know, the test) is a test that would be the alternative to contributing to the site.  The EHAT has been given the fun name of "Fujisawa-Sensei's El-Hazard Final Exam".  

Contributer status is nice to flaunt since you get to all look important (and MrWhat is just ... beyond only deserving it as a status, but alas I haven't anything better at the moment.)  However, it's main reason of existence is to keep hands off what would probably be the more desirable media of the site (MP3s in particular) from random internet hunters.  I mean, I wouldn't mind except that it takes away from our monthly allocation of bandwidth, and it's not really fair for others.  So you have to know El-Hazard before you partake of the goodies.  Besides, I've almost hit the $2,000 limit of unverified PayPal, and I know 90% of that was towards El-Hazard merchandise.  :P  So I think I have a say how things work around here.  ;D

All you of current non-contributer status may have a field day trying to get up to par.

The quiz current takes a random 20 of 417 questions (all formulated by MrWhat) from all video versions of El-Hazard and also mixes up the individual answers.  The test is 4 option multiple choice.  After you select all of your answers, you hit the submission button and get a grade.  You get both a percentage and eventually a matching image with some type of witty, El-Hazard-y response.  

Guess whose name is one higher than Jinnai's?

Very good, but you could still study for a higher grade.

Why does life have to be so hard in every world?

You tried so hard! Waaah!

Oh, so you think I'm stupid!?

Okay, here's the thing itself:
http://www.el-hazardonline.net/cgi-bin/EHAT/ehat.cgi

Anyone's score (or lack thereof) can be found by looking at their profile.  Anyone who already took the test and reported their score in this thread had it applied.  Of course, you're allowed to beat your score and your highest score is always safe even if you botch on a second attempt.  Have fun, guys.

At least I didn't do anything truly evil such as Tim's suggestion of a 30 minute limit.  (TIM - Which I must remind you that this was just a silly little comment because I took my time to get a perfect score... it was NOT meant to be taken seriously.)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2004, 11:50:48 am by thegameguy » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

AOL Instant Messenger - holyknightwayne
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 04:41:20 am »

You scored 90%

Total: 18 / 20 answered correctly.

Yay!

20 questions feels about right, sure; and since they seem to be pooled more or less fairly from all four series the only way to get a large number right is to know them all (or have handy access to Google... but that goes for any online test).

My only concern is that the questions weren't always specific enough (I remember one about Nanamni (might want to fix that ;)) pulling Makoto away from Shayla, and thinking that happened more than once...), and using, for example, "The Magnificent World" might be better than "OAV1" (it just seems less professional this way-- but then, that probably doesn't matter).

I assume the joke answers ("What did Ifurita tell Afura to do inside the tornado?" "B. Take off her clothes." ...and somehow I'm thinking that'd have made that filler episode a lot more interesting, though... :D) are there to make the quiz easier? If so, that's fine (I just wanted to point that out).

And... can't think of much else. Maybe write out the names of the series and fix some of the typoes. Neat quiz, except for the Alternative World questions... I'm still trying to forget that series, and getting a bunch of trivia about it isn't helping! ;)

"Die... a glorious death. Fight on and fly on, to the last drop of blood and fuel... to the last beat of the heart and the last kick of the motor... a death for a knight, a toast for his fellows, friend and foe."

-Manfred von Rich
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2004, 01:53:40 pm »

My only concern is that the questions weren't always specific enough (I remember one about Nanamni (might want to fix that ;)) pulling Makoto away from Shayla, and thinking that happened more than once...)

Maybe write out the names of the series and fix some of the typoes.

Well, it'll help if you copy/paste any offending questions, particularly with typos, since there's over 400 of them and I don't feel like letting my vision become bleary trying to check each word.  ;D

Also, "The Magnificent World" is loosely applied to OAV2, the Wanderers, and the Sega Saturn game... (The Wanderers being one of the biggest worries.)  El-Hazard in general is "The Magnificent World", so I can see where that's actually more vague than "OAV1".

I assume the joke answers ("What did Ifurita tell Afura to do inside the tornado?" "B. Take off her clothes." ...and somehow I'm thinking that'd have made that filler episode a lot more interesting, though... :D) are there to make the quiz easier? If so, that's fine (I just wanted to point that out).

*shrug* Ask MrWhat.  I suppose they're more to make it light-hearted.  And most multiple-choice tests always have the "super wrong" answer out of the bunch... maybe just to see if you're paying attention.

And... can't think of much else. Neat quiz, except for the Alternative World questions... I'm still trying to forget that series, and getting a bunch of trivia about it isn't helping! ;)

Yes but, sadly, AW is still part of the bunch.  Thus you're doomed.  :P  But hey, I just had it generate me a set with only one AW question, so it's not all bad!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2004, 01:56:16 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

AOL Instant Messenger - holyknightwayne
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2004, 02:52:18 pm »

Well, it'll help if you copy/paste any offending questions, particularly with typos, since there's over 400 of them and I don't feel like letting my vision become bleary trying to check each word.  ;D

Here's a few I saw by Refreshing through randomly generated tests....

In The Wanderers, why did Makoto search out the twelth tower of the Floristica palace? (twelfth)

In OVA2, what is Miz' advice for women who want to get married? (Miz's-- the apostrophe after an S doesn't apply to Z sounds, and not for proper names anyway, unless they're plural; but this is a quibble)

In OVA2, what happens when Princess Fatora sets out to conquer a foreign tongue?' (apostrophe at the end-- but that's a terrible question anyway, even though the "It's foreign tongue Fatora gets!" is still funny)

In Alt World, what caught Qawoor's eye, in the Fujisawa's house? (Fujisawas', since you're using the plural... but again that's not that big a deal)

That's all that jump out... I didn't see the "Nanamni" one again (and I don't remember what question that was from) and I forgot the other typo I was thinking of. :/ I'll let you know if I do; I actually feel bad for bringing it up now, since most of the other questions (I refreshed about ten times) have very few errors, which is pretty impressive for the number involved.

Also, "The Magnificent World" is loosely applied to OAV2, the Wanderers, and the Sega Saturn game... (The Wanderers being one of the biggest worries.)  

Good point; I just don't care too much for the "OAV(X)" references, I guess. Even more annoying as the "Alt. World" abbreviation... that could probably stand to be spelled out (since The Wanderers is).

Boy, I'm just in a nitpicky mood this morning. Sorry about that....

Thus you're doomed.  :P

Noooo! Must I fail and continue to use Direct Connect for my mp3 needs?! Say it's not so~!

"Die... a glorious death. Fight on and fly on, to the last drop of blood and fuel... to the last beat of the heart and the last kick of the motor... a death for a knight, a toast for his fellows, friend and foe."

-Manfred von Rich
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2004, 03:15:36 pm »

That's another good question.  What should the threashold be to let you get the MP3's?  Is "D" good enough?  Or must you be a "B" student?

Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2004, 04:32:02 pm »

I personally think the person should get a "passable" grade (at least 85% or 17 questions right).

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2004, 05:46:37 pm »

I got 95%! Hmmm... I wonder which one I got wrong?

Anyway, as much as I'd like not to nitpick, this is kind of an important one:

In The Wanderers, what was Nanami's money-making scheme for the Show Of Legend?

It should be "Snow of Legend". "Show of Legend" might really throw some people off.

I personally think the person should get a "passable" grade (at least 85% or 17 questions right).

I think that might be a little steep. Many of the questions aren't difficult, but we don't want to alienate fans who simply concentrate on one series. If the only El-Hazard you've seen is OAV1, yer gonna have to cycle the page a LOT of times to get a decent setup.

I think that 75% should be sufficient. If you can answer three quarters of the questions, I'd say you're El-Hazard Certified.

The 1337 poster
Afura
Londs' Screen Time

~ Holy Priestess of Wind ~

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2004, 07:45:15 pm »

:-/ mm it has Wanderers questions, As soon as i watch that part i ll answer the test.  :D

..."I´m surprised you´re not boring us with another one of your speeches, Shayla"...
rowan_a._seven
Demon God(ess)

Demon Gods - as dangerous as they are cute.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2004, 10:06:02 pm »

You scored 100%

Total: 20 / 20 answered correctly.

That was fun, though I think I got the incredibly easy questions the first time.  On the second and third attempts I scored a 90% and 95%, respectively.  In my opinion, this test accomplishes its purpose quite well.  A person who has barely seen the series probably won't score very highly on this quiz, but a casual El-Hazard fan who has viewed all the series should be able to achieve a fairly high score, particularly if a process of elimination is used.  Good job with the questions, Mr. What, although there appeared to be an awful lot of "took off her/his clothes" and "spies from Volcania" answer options.  :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2004, 10:14:38 pm by rowan_a._seven » Logged
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2004, 10:20:47 pm »

At long last I finally starting working on the EHAT script again.   ^^;  Anyway, I -think- it's almost done to MrWhat's original specifications (although God help me I forgot some of what he said he wanted XD)

Looks great.  Thanks.  And thanks for the kind words, both here and in the test header.  As a guy at Aeronautics used to say, "I'm Here To Help."

Maybe it's just because it's late, but I'm lacking inspiration for the other grades, both screenshot-wise and quote-wise.  So some help there.

How about:

B = Afura, holding a book or something.  "Very good, but you could still study for a higher grade," or something.

C = Nanami, looking annoyed, or nervous, because she didn't do better.

D = TV-Ifurita with big sad shiny eyes.

F = Shayla, about to blow something up.  "Oh, so you think I'm stupid!?"  That is, if a joke like that wouldn't make a user angry after they failed.

When a user passes, maybe you could give them a "I passed the test" banner, to copy for their own sites, like some online tests I've seen.  Maybe you could even give them a tiny graphic of the "Big Red Medal Of Victory" in their EHOL message board profile, or something.

Okay, here's the thing itself:
http://www.el-hazardonline.net/cgi-bin/EHAT/ehat.cgi

Hee hee.  I scored 100%.  I actually remembered the answers to my own questions!

But I found another typo:
In OVA2, how did Fujiawa discover the illusion of the mountain?
Sorry 'bout that.  I typed those things up in Notepad, and mostly without looking, because I was also playing the DVDs on the computer.  Never thought to run a spell-check on them.

"The Magnificent World" might be better than "OAV1" (it just seems less professional this way-- but then, that probably doesn't matter).

We could do a search-and-replace on "OVA1" => "The first OVA," or something.  I agree with Bob, we need something specific there, since "TMW" can actually refer to everything except Alt World.  And we could spell out "Alternate World" if most folks prefer that.

Yeah...  My take was, this thing was meant to reduce bandwidth by stopping casual downloaders.  It's not meant to be a "stumper."  If we include difficult questions, with nearly-identical answers, we might get arguments and debate from users that didn't pass.  The point is to make Bob's life easier, and dealing with unhappy users wouldn't be much fun.

That, and I seem to have a predilection for creepy fan service.  But I don't think I have anything "worse" than people taking off their clothes.

That's another good question.  What should the threashold be to let you get the MP3's?  Is "D" good enough?  Or must you be a "B" student?

I agree with Spanner.  75% is good.  If too many folks complain that it's too tough, you can lower the passing score later.
js_morris
Demon God(ess)

Defender of Fair Play

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2004, 06:35:16 pm »

I scored 75%. Probably most of that is because I never really watched "Wanderers" all that closely. Except for the Afura scenes, of course.  ;D

I am stunned at how much I recalled from Alt World. I've got most of that piecemeal--some tapes, some DVDs.

JSM
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2004, 01:19:16 am »

You scored 100%

Total: 20 / 20 answered correctly.

BWAH HAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Yes! Once again, I prove my infinate GENIUS! And I didn't have to cheat, too!

Bwah hahahahaha!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 01:19:34 am by lord_god_jinnai » Logged

I Care Deep
dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2004, 05:20:23 am »

I got 70%, which I suppose isn't too bad considering I haven't seen Wanderers, and most of the questions were about it...

dooky

Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2004, 10:18:34 am »

You scored 95%

Total: 19 / 20 answered correctly.

^^ heh only 1 thing i got wrong

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

Fujisawa4654
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2004, 10:24:53 am »

You scored 55%

Total: 11 / 20 answered correctly.

Uhh... I hit my head on something, that's why I didn't do good eheheheh.. err.. yea.....

I FLUNKED MY OWN TEST AAAAHHAHAHahhheehh... Not mine anyway...

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines