Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:01:29 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Pittsburgh Anime Convention (Sort of on topic)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Pittsburgh Anime Convention (Sort of on topic)  (Read 7675 times)
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2003, 03:19:05 pm »

No, it means I'll be depressed because Rosh isn't here.  :'(

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2003, 04:33:10 pm »

We need some cosplay pics of Rob as Jinnai!

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2003, 10:36:28 pm »

Pfft, well, AFAIK she didn't go... or if she did, we never saw her.

But anyway, all I can say was, it was less than stellar.  Very small, very few dealers, very few events.  Hardly worth going.  But it was also the first one of its kind and first one done locally, so you can sort of expect a "safe size" and unorganization.  My sister can fill in on all her friends' problems encountered, for now I'll just note some stuff that bothered me.

Virtually NO El-Hazard was present!  The ONLY things there were VHS tapes (not even DVDs, the Miz mangas, or anything else!)  

Worse yet, my last-minute Jinnai suit really didn't give me a very distinct look and I was in a group of mostly catgirls and a couple Rockman EXE-style suits.  The only notice of even guessing who I was trying to represent came from one of the girl's within the group, and it was a "Roger" something.  (I don't blame her for that, like I said, I wasn't very distinct.)  And not one other attendee in any El-Hazard form.

So, with no merchandise and being the only El-Hazardian, I felt very lonely and generally bummed.  Then the planned activities kinda sucked, I was bored by 2PM but had to stay for a show being put on by my sister's friends at 7PM.  Maaaajor draaaag.

So, provided I ever go along to another of these cons, here's some things I'd improve on:

1) GET SOME OTHER EL-HAZARD PEOPLE FOR A GROUP.  There's safety in numbers, even if I attend a generally more highly-populated 'con.  I'd definately prefer at least one outside-of-family person for ego purposes, even though for image it wouldn't matter.

2) BE MORE DISTINCT.  At least Bugrom medals, or if I have time and am crazy, I build the OAV2 Bug suit.  (No mistaking me then, you either know, or you don't!)

At least then I shouldn't feel lonely and could hopefully have at least a little more fun, even if the con itself is rather poor.

Oh, and they probably only have one good picture of me, and even then I can't promise you it'll turn out well, but I dunno yet.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

AOL Instant Messenger - Langrassier Yahoo Instant Messenger - temple_of_erinyes
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2003, 10:50:11 pm »

*crying* I DIDN'T GET TO GO TO PITTSBURGH!!!! Oh well, I'll just plan a little more into the future next time, and make sure I know what date it is...

And I miss Lar.  :-/
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2003, 10:52:05 pm »

Well, like I said, it wasn't really worth the time.  Although I imagine I would've been much better off at least having you around.

And you and Lar need to relax; it's not like you're ever "apart" *cough* more than a day's time...

Neil Lafrenais
Demon God(ess)

Lovely Runey

AOL Instant Messenger - Neil+Lafrenais
View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2003, 06:50:38 am »

The ONLY things there were VHS tapes (not even DVDs, the Miz mangas, or anything else!)

Wow. There are Miz mangas? Demand! :b

Seriously though, it sucks that it sucked.

Maximum boobage!!
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2003, 07:54:19 am »

I'm sorry you guys didn't enjoy the con. If I had gone, I would have been something like Alielle or Shayla, maybe even Fatora (I have the right hair colour). But I'm sure if you go to one of the big major state cons then it'll be much better.  :D

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

AOL Instant Messenger - Langrassier Yahoo Instant Messenger - temple_of_erinyes
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2003, 11:12:26 am »

Well, like I said, it wasn't really worth the time.  Although I imagine I would've been much better off at least having you around.

I still needec to be there. Down here, I get my day's excitement from watching dandelions grow.  :P

And you and Lar need to relax; it's not like you're ever "apart" *cough* more than a day's time...

I can't help it! It's really exciting when she gets on!

Hey, she's on now! YAY!
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2003, 12:47:04 pm »

I can't help it! It's really exciting when she gets on!

Hey, she's on now! YAY!

Well, i wasn't there then, but i am now.

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2003, 01:39:36 pm »

Wow. There are Miz mangas? Demand! :b

What can I say, a three-letter word that ends in "iz".  I have a habit going with a different keystroke. ;p

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2003, 02:28:09 pm »

Typing errors suck.  :P

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines