Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:39:33 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Dubbed versus Subtitled El-Hazard
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Dubbed versus Subtitled El-Hazard  (Read 12410 times)
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2003, 03:39:17 pm »

Lar no hentai baka!

isn't that: Lar your a hentai idiot? or something similar?

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
El The Istari
Demon God(ess)

I am the pic theif. You are next. Yes, you.

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2003, 03:43:53 pm »

Yeah, pretty much.

But why are dubs better Lar?

I like subs... And I was brought up in a household where dubs are a sin and shall be burned.

Of course I'm out of my mind, it's dark and scary in there!
Forget the dogs of war. The wolves of war are what you should be worrying about.
Excuse me, I seem to have found a Heero in my shoe.
FOR SALE: 1 set of morals, never used
bakasama
Dimension Traveler

Yu get ta barnin'... kimi na shiku...

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2003, 03:54:40 pm »

shizumaru, minna-san!.

elyrka-san, Lar natokakanai muchi desu.
Lar, you are entitled to your opinion.

Me, I like mine with their original seiyuus.

Wooooooo..........
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2003, 03:57:43 pm »

Yes, i am entitled to opinion. I not quite sure wh ois winning this arguement any more.

Dubs are best.

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
bakasama
Dimension Traveler

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2003, 04:03:30 pm »

Dubs are best

I guess you mean Dubbed in english, dude.

How would you feel if you got a copy of a series dubbed in french?
***shudders remembering the Evangelion eps I leeched last december*** >:(

Wooooooo..........
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2003, 04:05:41 pm »

Yeah, dubbed into english. Hey does anyone know where i can buy a region 2 English version of The secret of Blue water?

bakasama
Dimension Traveler

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2003, 04:11:58 pm »

try ordering through animenation.com.

Oh, i was able to download the first 6 episodes of that series last month... dubbed... IN SPANISH.

Wooooooo..........
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2003, 04:15:09 pm »

Yeah, i feel really bad about the spanish thing. See a while back it was only avalible in Italian, Spanish and Japanese. No English Subs even!!

bakasama
Dimension Traveler

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2003, 04:30:01 pm »

BTW, i first saw Blue Water dubbed in my national language, about 7 years ago. Its title, when translated, was "the Magical Necklace". Belch. Now i know dub artists of my country stink. After then, i never watched Locally dubbed anime ever again.

Wooooooo..........
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2003, 10:45:16 pm »

The Horrifying : Nadesico (Subtitled): Yurika's Speech in Engrish

LOL! Nadesico is a great source of Engrish!

isn't that: Lar your a hentai idiot? or something similar?

^^; "Lar no hentai baka" basically means "Lar you perverted idiot"

Yes, i am entitled to opinion. I not quite sure wh ois winning this arguement any more.

Dubs are best.

Actually, it's not really about which is best. It's which is best for you. Sub people and dub people always try to explain passionately why they like the format they do. But it always ends up as an argument. The important part is that anime released outside of Japan is often subtitled and or dubbed in at least one, often several languages. So there's a format for everyone! Since DVDs allow for several different formats on one release, dub/sub preference is almost an irrelevant arguement now. Although peope still pursue it for various reasons. ^^;;;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2003, 03:59:14 pm »

Lets stop this argument by saying the following: Thank God they came up with DVD's and they are one of the best things you can own. Apart from, in my case, Orlando Bloom.

Neil Lafrenais
Demon God(ess)

Lovely Runey

AOL Instant Messenger - Neil+Lafrenais
View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2003, 05:41:12 pm »

Please note that this thread isn't really Sub vs. Dub ANIMÉ, but Sub vs. Dub *EL-HAZARD*. And we all know which one wins on that. ;) *points to the dub* Oh, come on. You know it does.

Oh come on! You know it does.

Oh all right, have your own opinion. ;)

Anyway, yeah, back on topic plzzzzzz.

Maximum boobage!!
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2003, 08:50:51 pm »

The other Administrator has spoken!

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2003, 09:50:54 pm »

I watch sub much more often than dub, in general.  I'm a beginning Japanese language student.  Might go for JLPT 4 this year...

However, I usually watch my two favorite titles (EH OVA1 and Oh My Goddess! OVA) in English.  Go figure.

The OMG! dub is the only one that I like better than the original Japanese.  The brilliant voice actors, the little tweaks to match the lip flaps, the handling of bits of Japanese culture that Joe Sixpack wouldn't understand-- they caught lightning in a bottle there.

As far as El-Hazard-- OVA1 is a draw.  Some of the new jokes are brilliant, but some of them make me cringe.  For example, Jinnai's "time to energize my bunny demon" (I *hate* that line!!) and Fujisawa's "open bar", at the end of his dungeon scene, when he's obviously becoming physically sick at the idea of marriage.

And the English voice actors?  Most of them are perfect matches, and many of them surpass the Japanese VAs in places.  But-- Makoto's English VA doesn't work for me.  Either he was miscast, or he wasn't directed properly, or he misplayed the part, but he somehow makes Makoto sound much more uncertain of himself, even stupid in places, than the Japanese VA, to my ears.

OVA2 and Alt World-- sub is better than dub.  Fatora gets a few good lines in OVA2, but the rest is kinda bleah for me.

Wanderers-- Probably also a draw.  But I like Makoto's English VA much better in the Wanderers.  Again, go figure.

EA
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2003, 09:57:06 pm »

But-- Makoto's English VA doesn't work for me.  Either he was miscast, or he wasn't directed properly, or he misplayed the part, but he somehow makes Makoto sound much more uncertain of himself, even stupid in places, than the Japanese VA, to my ears.

I noticed that also. Ironically, he also did Yakumo in Streamline's dub of 3x3 Eyes. ^^;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines