Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:41:59 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Seiken Densetsu 3?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Seiken Densetsu 3?  (Read 4098 times)
dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« on: May 13, 2004, 10:15:45 am »

Considering the number of gamers on this forum, I'm wondering if anybody's heard of this. I'm not generally an RPG fan, but I've just acquired a SNES emulator and I'm enjoying this game hugely. Apparently it's another fan-translated venture that never got a US or European release. Anyone else played it?

dooky

Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 11:54:56 am »

My sister and I are huge fans of Seiken Densetsu 3. We became interested in it, because we knew that the game Secret of Mana was named Seiken Densetsu 2 in Japan, so this was another game in the same series. (If you haven't played Secret of Mana, either on SNES or emulator, you should give it a shot if you liked SD3.)

My favorite character in the game was the mountain Amazon, Lise (or Riesz, or however your particular version translated her name).

I was hoping that, with all the Old Skool games that were finally making the transition over from Japan (like Final Fantasies 2 and 5, and recently Seiken Densetsu 1 - Sword of Mana, I think they're calling it - which got an overhaul as well since, to be honest, the original version was a bit lame), we might be seeing SD3 showing up on Playstation. Sadly, it was not to be, or at least, has not yet to be. The fan translation isn't bad, but I'd love to be able to play an official port.

The 1337 poster
rowan_a._seven
Demon God(ess)

Demon Gods - as dangerous as they are cute.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 01:54:46 pm »

I like the sorceress and wolf-man, myself, although to be fair I've only played the game through once.  "Secret of Mana" is still one of my favorite videogames, and I recently bought "Sword of Mana" and am hoping I'll get around to playing it soon.  I'm also considering buying "Legend of Mana" for the Playstation since my experience with the "Mana" series has been great so far.
dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 04:45:36 am »

At the moment I'm playing with the all-female team (Riesz, Angela and Charlotte) with Riesz as the main character. I'm very much amused by Charlotte though ^_^ Currently levelling up like mad due to the prospect of facing two bosses one after the other.

It does seem strange that there was never a translation of this game, considering that everyone who's heard of it thinks very highly of it. Still, I'm quite happy for now with my translated version.

dooky

Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 10:03:57 pm »

I actually have the Japanese cart of this, when I heard it was not coming out over in the uk or the usa my only choice back then was to import the Japanese verison was hard to get through with no guide at all I can tell you ^^ still it was a great experiance

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines