Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:33:23 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  EHOL is back!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EHOL is back!  (Read 4149 times)
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2004, 10:18:51 pm »

Whoo hoo!

Let us all celebrate this wonderful event by beating Makoto to within an inch of his life, then hurling him off a fifty-story building.

Well done, though, EHOL staff. Your dedication to this site truly is awe-inspiring.

Maybe we can contact AIC and talk them into getting you guys a paycheck. I mean, you do run the best El-Hazard site on the net.

I Care Deep
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 12:22:18 pm »

Thanks.   I hope it stays put now.  :P

LGJ, could you kindly go to HasWeb and find whatever idiot deleted our DNS records (which caused the main part of the outage) and ... destroy them?

Admin Aric of Hasweb: "Hmm... your DNS zone was MIA. Don't know why. I recreated it."
« Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 12:27:12 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 10:10:35 pm »

Hey, it's back.  Thanks, Bob.

LGJ, could you kindly go to HasWeb and find whatever idiot deleted our DNS records (which caused the main part of the outage) and ... destroy them?

With all due respect to LGJ, anyone who comes between us and EHOL goodness deserves to face something a bit more terrifying-- like this!
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

ICQ Messenger - 16562382 AOL Instant Messenger - Meijer+Bran+TM
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 07:23:39 am »

Do you pay for a server, Or do you have your own that you are running all this stuff. I saw DNS2GO during the downtime when i tried to reach this site so I was just curious if it was your own server.
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2004, 03:19:45 pm »

I USED to run it on my own.  But it grew so large and contains so much media that I was simply unable to continue doing it that way.  But to be honest, I'm not quite sure how DNS2Go got mixed up in it... well, I mean, "el-hazardonline.net" was still tied to DNS2Go and was supposed to just put up a default redirector page to tell everyone to use el-hazardonline-dl2.net when the transition from my server to a paid server happened in the first place.  See, first el-hazardonline-dl2.net was just used for media hosting; the books, MP3s, and such.  Then when HasWeb hadn't let me down for a good amount of time, I decided it was finally time to move everything to them and have them take over fully.  That's when we were all sitting on el-hazardonline-dl2.net for a while.  But I really wanted everything on el-hazardonline.net in the first place, so I was going to wait for about a month for any remaining links to non-EHOL related webserving off of el-hazardonline.net to go away.  (Various people had used my server since it was effectively free with no bandwidth limit and no advertising; they began to take unfair advantage of that.)  It turned into more like 3 months or something before I finally requested the change.  But anyway, here we are.  :P  

My server is completely out of the picture now, although still available to me, as I use it for personal hosting of images and stuff; it's now known under "bobstuffs.no-ip.com".  The switch to "no-ip.com" is because they're still free (for non personal domains like that), and I certainly don't need to be paying for any more than I have to on anything that I do.  :P  Eventually I'll just let DNS2Go die off without renewing it, and the same with el-hazardonline-dl2.net.

Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2004, 06:35:19 pm »

What kind of internet connection are you using for the server? I used cable on mine and its pretty slow. More curiosity.
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2004, 08:58:26 pm »

DSL.  Much more capped than cable at 128 kbps.  I'm surprised I lasted long enough to grow.  :P

Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2004, 10:20:31 pm »

Bob, I've wondered another thing. How does that random bus thing work? Isn't it just one gif file?
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2004, 10:55:23 pm »

It's supposed to look that way.  But it's actually a Perl script.  :P

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2004, 02:16:10 pm »

Whoooo! EHOL FOREVER! WOOO!

Sorry.

I only checked EHOL a couple of times, because I'm so busy with PTBSE now. We finally have a Google link! Yey!  ^_^V

That took forever.

But that's not important. At least EHOL is working again! yey!

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2004, 06:29:14 pm »

Good to be back, folks.

celebrate this wonderful event by beating Makoto to within an inch of his life

*violently resists innuendo*
« Last Edit: April 15, 2004, 06:29:39 pm by xel » Logged

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2004, 04:11:20 pm »

With all due respect to LGJ, anyone who comes between us and EHOL goodness deserves to face something a bit more terrifying-- like this!

Indeed I agree

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2004, 10:51:43 pm »

I agree! Ifurita is pefect for metting out ultimate justice in it's most extreme form. ::huggles Ifurita::

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines