Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:14:46 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  El Hazard bit torrent (or the like?)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: El Hazard bit torrent (or the like?)  (Read 6484 times)
Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

AOL Instant Messenger - holyknightwayne
View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2004, 02:58:23 am »

Hey, I know how it is. I lived on Edwards Air Force Base (if you don't know where it is, about 90 miles or so Los Angeles) for three years, and I know California anywhere is pretty bloody expensive. *chuckles* But the $60000 figure was based on the 'Valley median programmer salary of $67,000 (or at least it was as of a 2002 survey I read). Not that it really matters, but I do know what I'm talking about. :] Sometimes.

The big advantage of BitTorrent over DC is that with BT you're more or less guaranteed a decent connection, at least with popular material-- or so I've been told. With DC you'd need to join a bigger hub for a larger pool of users (and the bigger hubs tend to have higher share limits, which, as Saucer said, range from "ludicrous" to "no way in Hell"), and even then some of them might not be sharing much (or, more likely, already have all their slots full).

But so it goes. You get what you pay for, eh? ;)

"Die... a glorious death. Fight on and fly on, to the last drop of blood and fuel... to the last beat of the heart and the last kick of the motor... a death for a knight, a toast for his fellows, friend and foe."

-Manfred von Rich
stanky105
Dimension Traveler

Kaboom.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2004, 03:33:03 am »

Hey Wayne, I sent you another message. Im up for trying a DC, I keep getting booted from rooms left and right about share limits, so I think I am doing something wrong.

I actually did catch a user with the magnificent world on kaaza the other day, but his upload is like half a k a second and the file size for episode one is 303 megabytes, so yeah, chugging right along there...... 140 hours left... assuming he actually stays on for 140 hours ;D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2004, 03:37:44 am by stanky105 » Logged
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

ICQ Messenger - 16562382 AOL Instant Messenger - Meijer+Bran+TM
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2004, 08:04:51 am »

http://www.emule-project.net/

Get that... run a server that has to deal with anime (if any) or one that just has a lot of files. El Hazard is all over the place their. Including in French  ;D

You will usually have to wait in line and it is not the quickest thing in the world, but it gets you your files you want. I use it to download DDR Games and other software that I probably shouldnt download with it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2004, 08:06:59 am by jopn » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines