Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:54:37 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  My El-Hazard RPG [A VidGame, not a text RP]
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: My El-Hazard RPG [A VidGame, not a text RP]  (Read 18333 times)
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

ICQ Messenger - 16562382 AOL Instant Messenger - Meijer+Bran+TM
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2004, 01:32:56 pm »

Any Better?

I think this Nanami looks better right here

I made the Gloves darker on Miz .
« Last Edit: March 21, 2004, 01:36:22 pm by jopn » Logged
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2004, 02:05:26 pm »

I think they're both fine; I would note that Miz looks a little rectangular in her front and back frames, but with the scale of your sprites that might be impossible to fix, so don't worry about it.

Anyway... the forum doesn't get a lot of any particular amount of traffic regularly, so it might be a while before it gets any other responses besides us two.  I'll also edit your title to try to discourage what they might be thinking this is.  ;)

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2004, 03:50:04 pm »

Is their any way possible that you could actually talk to me on AIM or something so I could get some info that way at all?

So far... I've done nothing but graphics and a huge line of code. :-( But I guess after all of these graphics are finished... then I can put it all together...

Game Overview: Ok their are 4 heros alowed in a party, El Hazard is mostly about Makoto right? So he's ALWAYS in the party. Then You'll have the choice later to pick who you want in your group, be it Mr. Fujisawa, Nanami, Alielle, Shayla, Afura, Miz, and Princess Rune. This game is going to use old Rune (because she's not attractive so Makoto wont go for her :-P). This game is going to use New Ifurita (because no pixelated mug shot of old)

Help: Each character you can chose to allow in your party of course, but where should they all be? Should it be like the Saturn game where you have to goto a kitchen to find Nanami, a guest room for Fuji, and the Shrines for the Priestesses? Since I want to base this off the OVA I want to have to travel to the shrines in a desert and what not and have to fight people on the way their (like most RPG's would be like).  After I get their tho should i just make a cheap transport that i can use and go their whenever i want? I would think this way because then i could chose the priestesses i want in my party without having to walk ALL THE WAY back to each Shrine. Or should i should i just have everyone be in the main town? I just really dont know. I think im going to be like the Saturn version and to get places your going to need Alielle. Now I really don't know about fighting people either. Ok yes probably your final boss would be Galus. Since thats pretty close to the ending. But people in the woods or the desert. Should i make people, or should they be bugrum? or Both? or Humans be in like certain parts of the desert and Bugrum be in mountains? These are some of the main concerns I have and just wondered how everyone else would like it. So Please give me your input on How you would like to see the game. Please keep your ideas in the idea of the actual OVA1 and not The Wanderers, Yes some stuff could be thrown in from their but i want the original story. If anyone could make a mug shot picture of ifurita(old) like the ones that in the Saturn would be awesome cause then I could even make it more like the original.

Please I really NEED input on these things. Thanks

« Last Edit: March 21, 2004, 04:05:59 pm by jopn » Logged
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2004, 04:51:46 pm »

Well, you should figure out WHAT you're basing this on.

OAV -- You can't use "New" Ifurita (assuming you mean Saturn or Wanderers Ifurita) directly; I suppose she could be introduced by event, but the closest thing we have to that is the Radio Drama.  In that she was called "Ifurina".  (Supposedly the same production line as Ifurita only not as good a model.)  In that sense you could probably get away with it.  But an important thing to note is that priestesses do NOT have seperate shrines; they are all grouped together in what is known as "Mt. Muldoon", which is some ueber place for all priestesses at the top of the mountain.

Saturn -- If you want to base it on Saturn, you DO get different shrines.  To use Ifurita, somehow she'd have to detach from Jinnai.  

Unless you do one of those crazy stories where Jinnai's been overthrown and seeks help from Makoto.  But that would make Bugrom as enemies awkward unless that was all part of the plot.  I.E. A machine has been awakened that took control of Diva's mind and has sent the empire into the control of some ancient mind... well, with or without Diva, that might not be important.  Typically such a mind is usually bent on conquering or destroying the world, as always.  In that case Jinnai could even be a part of your party, possibly even with Groucho/Katsuo included.  That's generic but kinda funny in a way...

As for the actual design of the game and where you pick up characters... think about "when" your game is placed.  If it's well after the first defeat of the Bugrom in ANY universe, you can be rest assured you won't find Nanami in a kitchen and Fujisawa in some guest room.  Surely they have a house, or Nanami in particular has a restraunt.  It's just typical.  :P  Maybe Fujisawa's even picked up teaching in El-Hazard, so perhaps you find him in a school.

I think that's what you need the most -- a story.  You need to know exactly where you want to take this.  Galus is the final boss, huh?  Why?  If you used my example story, maybe he's the one in control of the Bugrom through some ancient device.  If you are using the OAV OR the Saturn game, you should make note how Galus is still alive, since he pretty much gets slaughtered in any of his incarnations.  But of course in the OAV in particular, we never actually get to see Galus die, so it's always possible he was administered last second treatment.  (I should also note though that the Saturn game almost always sends Makoto back to Earth, so... it's kinda hard to make a continuance from that.)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2004, 04:53:15 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2004, 07:07:44 pm »

Ummm... Alright. I want it to be the OVA 1 and maybe Eventually OVA 2. I want to start out the game in good 'ol Shinanomi. Have Makoto introduce himself saying that he's a student and how the ruins in the basement were just found. For the most part the begining could be mostly a cutscene. He can go around and talk to all those people, students, teachers, Nanami, Fujisawa, but he's limited at the moment to not go down into the basement. Later I dont know what i would do but have some sort of event that comes to the point that its time to go home from school. He goes checks his locker see's the letter from "Nanami" and sees Jinnai. Then after that of course will have him being chased or something then everything freeze. Besides him of course. He hears a mysterious voice. The pathway now to the basement is now open. He goes down and finds Ifurita. Then yada yada a lot of talk then he gets sent to El Hazard finds Fujisawa. See's that little animal run across the screen but he didnt ask for directions. Then he hears a scream then see's Rune running past them, they turn around then boom first battle.

Basically I want it pretty close to the OVA. I don't know thats probably not how everyone else wants it but eh, I think it'd be cool that way. I know mostly all I said was really recapping on what happans in the first half hour of the first episode. Then of course you know he go's to the city (whats the name? and what is Roshtaria exactly?). It'll be a lot of talk their you'll have the choice to help or not help. Of course if you dont you'll go straight to the dungeon. Then Fujisawa will break through and yeah. If you do help then it just skips that part.

So far in the beginning of this game its not much, but eventually I hope for them you know to go through the perilous journy to Mt Muldoon. There journey will be a maze type thing with bad guys and what not. Then you know they'll be at the Mt. Run into Jinnai do a battle, after battle is won you still are surrounded so then Fujisawa jumps around. Then another battle. But still surrounded then Shayla Comes. Then an AI battle with Shayla and the Bugrum with Shayla destroying them. I think I'd leave the one phantom tribe lady out because in Mokoto's view he never saw her. So then after that find out that Shayla and Afura leave to goto the one spring place. Then the group again goes around fighting their way through a desert. I think just skip the part with the ride. Then you know more cutscenes when they get their. Another automated battle between Shayla, Miz, and the Phantom tribe person.

After typing all this, I guess you'll kind of get my point. On the way to these places I should probably make up some other towns. I guess my RPG is goign to be a lot of cutscene, wich isnt to cool but I want it accurate to the movie. So while making the game I'll probably be watching the movies.

After the battle at the springs thats when I think you'd be able to choose your team. Who you want and who you don't want. Or maybe not because Afura and Miz stay out fighting the bugrum when they get to the forbidden island. So you'll have Shayla in your group. Or you'll have the choice to chose who you want between : Fuji, Nanami, Shayla, Alielle and if you want to switch you go back to the boat that they came on the island on. So far my RPG i guess is kinda boring but while actually making it I think that it end up turning out alright.

Give me your thoughts.

Edit:
Alright Heres I guess another plan, work my way quickly through the two OVA's and The Alternative World. While of course still being really close to those. Then when they come back to El Hazard. Have of course Mokoto looking on more ways to get back to earth to see his long lost Ifurita and have some other man made story possibly including the plot you said with Jinnai becoming good. Then them working together. Having Galus be behind the whole reason with Diva. Do all this and somehow Makoto will learn out of it how to put two and two together use the Eye of God and get back to his long lost loved machine. Then even maybe continue on after that. Since Fujisawa got married with a kid him and Miz would be kind of out of the story. Quawool, Shayla, Afura, Ifurita, Jinnai(and company),  and Nanami now could all be characters you can choose from to fix what has gone wrong with the machine thing with Diva and destroy Galus once and for all. Then we can have a nudy scene with a machine and makoto :-p... I really wouldnt care to much for that just had to say it :-D.  Oh and in the end of this whole LOOONG game. Have points add up and what not for the ladies Ifurita, Shayla, Nanami, and Quawool and it could have multiple endings with Mokoto ending up wiht one of them :-p Ok.

More Thoughts?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2004, 07:24:07 pm by jopn » Logged
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2004, 07:32:40 pm »

Oh, no no, I don't care if you do the OAV story.  I just wasn't sure -when- you were having events occur.  I was thinking you were going into things already established.  But actually doing what already exists is probably easier story-wise, though potentially difficult when it comes to making an event into something extended.

Okay.  Well, in that case you really can't use "New" Ifurita (here on out, TV Ifurita is a better term).  She has no logical placement in the events.  You're stuck making an Ifurita sprite I guess.  :P

Well, then, party setups kind of write themselves.  When Makoto lands in El-Hazard, you'll be in a field.  Makoto will first find Fujisawa in the bushes, complaining of his hangover or whatever.  (OAV and Saturn's method.)  That puts him right with you from the beginning.  And per the OAV standard, Fujisawa will have to be strong enough to fend off some Bugrom right from the start.  Maybe do a small little battle with very simple, slow, weak Bugrom just to balance out the early-ness of the game but still maintain the basic plot.  [Fujisawa attacks!  *bang bang!* -12HP on Bugrom!  Bugrom attack! *bang bang!* -1HP from whoever.  Makoto attacks! *bang bang!* -1HP from Bugrom.  Fujisawa attacks!  *bang bang!* -12HP on Bugrom! Dead!]

Eventually their journey will take Makoto and Fujisawa to Arliman where they meet Nanami.

And so on.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2004, 07:35:58 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2004, 07:46:43 pm »

Yes yes!
I was planning on making a wimpy weak first battle like that. Humm... The thing that sucks is yeah I've just been working on the sprites right... After i finish those then i have to do all the backgrounds.

The Ifurita sprite... :-( umm i hate this :-p I dont like doing it... yet I love doing it! Is that a weird combination. The cool thing will be after your done your like wow! I did that :-D. Rob do you refuse to talk to anybody on AIM cause I would like to talk about this and not have to wait for a response. (Impatiance gets the little 15 year old :-/) ...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2004, 07:51:04 pm by jopn » Logged
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2004, 08:55:49 pm »

how does she look?

better?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2004, 09:07:55 pm by jopn » Logged
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2004, 08:57:23 pm »

Looks fine to me!

Good work.

Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2004, 09:17:50 pm »

Look at who i have done so far :-D

No I didnt make the flame ... I'm not good enough to do that.

heres a pic of Ifurita that the other admin so kindly helped me find.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2004, 09:43:04 pm by jopn » Logged
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2004, 10:08:40 pm »

Hey, character sprites are definitely more important than scenery; generally taking a flame or a brick pattern or something like that won't net you any criticism.  ;)

Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2004, 05:33:45 am »

I wish I could use the brick pattern from the game... but they dont really match any of El Hazards standards. So once again I must have to make more and more ... and a little more graphics. I think for the most part, I'm going to make all my graphics first before actually writing any sort of game. I still have to make many little sprites of people in Shinanomi that you can talk to.

What do you think I should be allowed around the town of Shinanomi? I can think of my plot but I don't know how much I can think of doing in other parts. :-/
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2004, 09:22:12 am »

Wow, this looks pretty cool! ^_^V

Not much of value to say other than that... But a suggestion on your Nanami sprites. She looks great from the front and back, but from the side, her hairband is way too visible. I think it'd look better if it were a little thinner, or possibly even slightly obscured by hair. Or both. As it is, it looks kind of like it's resting on top of her hair, rather than pulling her hair back.

Also, as a resident TV Ifurita fan, I think it'd be great if you could work TV Ifurita into the storyline somehow, even if you decide to go with OAV Ifurita as your primary Demon God. ;)

I look forward to seeing how this turns out!

The 1337 poster
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2004, 10:05:41 am »

Ok, Nanami it is impossible because I want the head band to be visible. The head band going up is one pixel by one pixel so it really is imposible to get it shown and have less of it.

I like the TV Ifurita but I'm basing the story line on the OVA and not the TV. Maybe after I get the OVA stories done (through Magnificent World 1 and 2 and Alternative) I could incorporate her. As in have Makoto go back through time get his Ifurita back.  Then maybe Galus controlling Diva with his weapon could you say , Ifurina? I don't know this is just something that could incorporate the TV one. Although if i was to do this, I would probably end up making her less ditzy and more happy evil.

I don't know this wont be probably how it goes, but it could work out maybe. What do you think?
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2004, 03:48:41 pm »

Do you think it'd be ok for Ifurita's just walking around sprite if i didnt put her key in her hand?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines