Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:28:25 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  My El-Hazard RPG [A VidGame, not a text RP]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: My El-Hazard RPG [A VidGame, not a text RP]  (Read 18326 times)
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

ICQ Messenger - 16562382 AOL Instant Messenger - Meijer+Bran+TM
View Profile WWW Email
« on: March 19, 2004, 08:57:05 pm »

I'm making this for my El-Hazard RPG! Woohoo! Somone actually doing some work :-P

It is pretty hard to make these characters :-( I dont think they look to good but here are some pictures of Mokto and Jinnai I tried pretty hard... each thing being those tiny pixels inst to cool but tell me how they look! thanks

http://www.causearuckus.net/compuville/EHRPG/mj.jpg
[Admin edit: ^ missed an 'e' ;) ]

Anyone that has to do with EHPC, do you guys have the pictures of all the characters talking? I'm trying to use this in mine (not talking just still but maybe eventually get the mouth movement) and when taking print screens and cutting em out they dont seem to turn out to good.  Thanks

Umm, how do you get the images to work in the post??? I tried for about 10 minutes and i couldnt get it to work.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2004, 02:05:46 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 11:50:24 pm »

Umm, how do you get the images to work in the post??? I tried for about 10 minutes and i couldnt get it to work.

The YaBB tag for images is the best way to go.  HTML was never enabled on these boards.

Press the fourth button on the second row of buttons for a default template.  If it was only giving you the infamous red-X, then most likely this is due to the fact that your posted URL was missing an E or that the destination server doesn't support offsite linking.  But I'll let you try to fix it.  ;)

Anyway, as for the sprites; well, one problem is that it's hard to tell the difference between Makoto and Jinnai.  Jinnai's hair ought to be more neatly combed and usually has a noticable part in the front.

http://www.el-hazardonline-dl2.net/EHPC_download/SaturnFACEGFX.zip

Here's the EH Saturn faces.  Take a look at Jinnai's.  (FJI00 - FJI07R)  Note how his hair has a shine to show its slickness and how there's that triangular opening over his eye.  (For the record, the FJIxx files are correctly facing, the FJIxxR faces are for the left side of the screen and thier default unflipped position is actually backwards so don't base it on those.)

Spriting is a tricky skill and will take a while to master.

If you're looking for other faces, note that these files are the original names from the Saturn disc, so some "Engrish" is present.  I.E.  Princess Rune's faces are found under "FLUxx" ("Lune") and Londs are found under "FROxx" ("Ronds")
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 11:53:04 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 07:08:45 am »

Yeah these little buggers are a pain in the butt! Yeah my Jinnai sucked... How bad was my Makoto? This game is going to end up turning ugly :-(, but I'll still try.
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004, 09:22:11 am »

better?
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2004, 12:03:33 pm »

Significantly!  Good job!   ;D

The only thing to watch for is now Jinnai's part technically switches sides between his left facing and right facing position.  (Note when he's walking left, since you just flipped it, it's techincally on the wrong side.)  Unless that's an RPG Maker limitation or something in which case don't worry about it.  (I can't remember if it just flips the side frames or what.)

Other than that, given your beginner status, I really can't complain.

Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2004, 12:55:44 pm »

Yeah i noticed that the hair was parted on both sides so i did fix it in mine but not on that one yet. Umm how much do you think the reflection actually matters... should the reflection always be on teh same side or do you think it would matter

Do you think their is actually a way to get the mouths to move when talking? Theirs loops but I dont know if their is a way to make the loop go while its automatically typing. I really dont care to much for the mouths to move but I'm sure other people would and i wouldnt want to have to go back and change everything.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2004, 01:01:01 pm by jopn » Logged
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2004, 01:53:08 pm »

That I wouldn't know.  You're unfortunately on your own for that one.  But rest assured something as simple as mouths moving I'm sure is unimportant.

And as for the reflection, I think it's fine.  It's only really meant to suggest depth and give a somewhat natural look to the hair so it's exact positioning or whatever is kind of unimportant.

Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2004, 04:01:53 pm »

Alrighty... heres a picture of mr. fujisawa so far

how does he look?

edit

how do they look?

or

or even better yet

« Last Edit: March 20, 2004, 05:57:10 pm by jopn » Logged
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2004, 06:06:34 pm »

Well, Tim the resident Fujisawa super fan approves.  I think you're well on your way.  :)

Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2004, 09:30:54 pm »

^^; man oh man. I just did the longest "if" statement in my life... It was to be able to chose your character if you already have four heros. I couldn't find an easy way to just let it tell you who i have in my hero list at the time... so yeah this thing is like 8 pages long just to get it to work... now I'm tired of it  ;D Now once again I need to make more and more graphics. I haven't even started the fun part of making any level's or anything... I guess work before play eh? Alright I think I'm goign to go work on the different characters ... ... ... again... later
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2004, 03:14:44 am »

This Must be my worst one yet... Nanami = hard! Give me some sort of advice please

Pretty bad?
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2004, 09:14:23 am »

There's my try improvment. I think it looks better than the old one but, its still not to great. :-/

It Looks like she's got a big wart coming out of her head so I did this one.

I think it improved slowly... Give me what you guys think. I think its funny how its only the Administrators that talk to me. :-p

What is the difference between a Contributor and a Super Contributor?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2004, 11:57:03 am by jopn » Logged
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2004, 12:31:28 pm »

Alright... I'm not doing the greatest by they are turning out half way decent... and i can always change them so its all good. I'm debating, should i cover up her eye with her hair because it would if you saw the side view of her. I need to know what i should do. For now i just took the hair behind her eyes (barely) So heres Miz so far.

Tell me what you think about her and Nanami
« Last Edit: March 21, 2004, 12:33:19 pm by jopn » Logged
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2004, 01:02:21 pm »

Always remember that we also have screenshots of the El-Hazard characters in the episodes for reference.

I think that the Miz sprite is nice looking, but she should have her gloves (they extend almost all the way to the top, it has about the same color as her bow).  Other than that, it looks accurate.

Nanami does look awkward, but I think the main problem is that its hard to visualize how her hair should look.  The side frames look the strangest to me.  The sprite has a slight poof to it, when it should be a bit more flat (to me anyway).

What is the difference between a Contributor and a Super Contributor?

The main difference between a Contributor and Super Contributor is the amount of stuff donated.

Super Contributors get special recognition because they have donated much more than a standard contributor would (basically, they are very generous).

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2004, 01:21:51 pm »

In Miz I did do the gloves, They are a pink color but its pretty light and your probably not seeing it cause it does almost look like skin, but when you are playing it you can see the differnces because the game kind of blows up the pixels.

Nanami is screwed totally... I don't like her anyways  ;). I think either you or the other guy needs to IM me and walk me through just so i can do it, then show you right away because not to many people i know that I talk to have seen El Hazard. :-/ so Nanami's hair needs to be a little bit flatter eh? Ill work on that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines