Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:11:36 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  [El-Hazard for the PC] Outdated topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: [El-Hazard for the PC] Outdated topic  (Read 9150 times)
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2003, 10:37:05 pm »

Nope... actually, she plays a little character with a sad history.  Basically a flawed computer technology design who's final fate was to be "formatted and started over".  She talks in third person, "crashes" easy, but wants more than anything for a proper "administrator" to "debug" her.  :P

Another unique characterization of Ifurita!

I won't be replacing Ifurita for OAV Ifurita for any official release, but this is what the customization factor will be all about.

Alright! An army of Ifuritas! Mwwahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2003, 11:52:25 pm »

Another unique characterization of Ifurita!

I think everyone has their own.  Although the manga was a bit more like an OAV/Wanderers cross-breed.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2003, 07:49:36 pm »

Nope... actually, she plays a little character with a sad history.  Basically a flawed computer technology design who's final fate was to be "formatted and started over".  She talks in third person, "crashes" easy, but wants more than anything for a proper "administrator" to "debug" her.  :P

Oh...  poor lil' Ifurita  :'(

I've got a TV-Ifurita angst story on my fan fiction idea pile.  I think, in a few ways, her situation is even more angst-laden than OVA-Ifurita's situation.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2003, 09:58:43 pm »

I think everyone has their own.  Although the manga was a bit more like an OAV/Wanderers cross-breed.

At least appearence-wise..... She looked as young as TV Iffy. What I liked most about the manga was that it delved deeper into Iffy's backstory. Also, like the OVA, the story featured Iffy primarily as the centerpiece.

But what can I say, I'm obssesed with her! So it clouds my view of things. ^_^

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2003, 10:05:24 pm »

I think, in a few ways, her situation is even more angst-laden than OVA-Ifurita's situation.

It's hard to say, really.  OAV-Ifurita (typically Ifurita here) was designed to kill and did kill.  Ifurita also had memories of this, but for some debatable reason a complete set of morals to know it was wrong.  (Either she's a cyborg or one of the great humanoid robots of sci-fi.)

TV-Ifurita (typically Ifurita-2 here) is supposedly a weapon, but Wanderers was very vauge on pretty much everything.  Ifurita-2 has her moral conflicts before she's even used, although her entire character is written not that far off base with what we had in the Saturn game, really.
It sort of seems Ifurita-2 has a great amount of ability to think for herself (open defiance of Jinnai's order in favor of morality... most of the time) which makes it questionable if she's really under control at all.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2003, 10:06:10 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2003, 10:54:17 pm »

It's hard to say, really.  OAV-Ifurita (typically Ifurita here) was designed to kill and did kill.  Ifurita also had memories of this, but for some debatable reason a complete set of morals to know it was wrong.  (Either she's a cyborg or one of the great humanoid robots of sci-fi.)

Most likely, she's an advanced AI cyborg. Hence, the "obedience circuit" to keep her on track. I like how the manga plays further on this idea. ^_^

TV-Ifurita (typically Ifurita-2 here) is supposedly a weapon, but Wanderers was very vauge on pretty much everything.  Ifurita-2 has her moral conflicts before she's even used, although her entire character is written not that far off base with what we had in the Saturn game, really.
It sort of seems Ifurita-2 has a great amount of ability to think for herself (open defiance of Jinnai's order in favor of morality... most of the time) which makes it questionable if she's really under control at all.

That's a good point. I would guess that her naivety is the only thing that keeps her "obedient." That, and comic relief. ^^;
« Last Edit: March 18, 2003, 10:57:18 pm by saucer » Logged

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2003, 10:51:17 pm »

Ah, well.  At long last, I am only 1 MIDI short of PC release.  *unsticks topic*

MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2003, 08:58:32 pm »

Uh, Rob?  I don't know if you had that tiny animated Jinnai on the site before now.  But-- your new green banner?  With the two tiny Jinnais shaking their rumps?  I think I've been psychically traumatized.  Even more than I was before I saw it  :P
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2003, 09:13:26 pm »

Uh, Rob?  I don't know if you had that tiny animated Jinnai on the site before now.  But-- your new green banner?  With the two tiny Jinnais shaking their rumps?  I think I've been psychically traumatized.  Even more than I was before I saw it  :P

I like little Jinnai's they are strangely hypnotic... *watches little Jinnai's 'til she gets bored of doing so*

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2003, 10:05:04 pm »

That's just one of the sprites from the Saturn game (thusly appropriate.)  Another one I have handy is Nanami.  

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2003, 11:28:33 pm »

Iffy sprite! Where's the Iffy sprite?!

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2003, 11:36:00 pm »

(Keep in mind its Wanderers Ifurita) There's a standing/blinking one, a tea drinking one, and one doing the "gnarly" sign with her hand.  (Or maybe that's something else...)

d.t.
Bugrom Forces

Kishin No Sekai

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2003, 02:48:26 am »

Well, the download went smooth as silk.  I'm afraid I can't get the program to work, but I've learned enough from past experiences to know the problem is probably my computer and not the program.  Still, you said to let you know about failure stories as well as success stories...

If I try to run in windowed mode, I get the video file error: "Unsupported color depth".  This pops up regardless of what the program's settings or my monitor's settings are.

If I try to run in full screen mode, I get the Video Mode Error: "Cannot set video mode".  I'm going to see if I can't find a way around this tomorrow.  Thanks again for putting this program together!

"You're going to dump me, your childhood friend, for a little chippie with a precocious set of melons?!" -Nanami
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2003, 07:32:23 pm »

Another one I have handy is Nanami.

I find Nanami's sprite less terrifying, for whatever reason.  But I'm not sure if she's dancing, or if she has to go to the bathroom really badly  ;D
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2003, 08:18:03 pm »

She's not really dancing... just swinging her arms back and forth...

back and forth... back and forth... back and forth... back and forth... back and forth...

Zzzz....

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines