Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:22:52 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  [El-Hazard for the PC] Outdated topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: [El-Hazard for the PC] Outdated topic  (Read 9143 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2003, 08:35:05 pm »

Christ, D.T.  :P

First and foremost, I hope you aren't on some rediculous setting like "16 colors".  I've found EHPC will even start up in Windowed mode on 256 colors, though, albeit uglified.

You DID try all color depths available from the droplist?

Here's something else to try:
Start->Run
and type "dxdiag".

If you don't HAVE "dxdiag", you're DirectX isn't even remotely new enough (most likely).  That would be the first problem.

But then secondly, if it DOES load up, check the line towards the bottom of the first panel to make sure where it says "DirectX Version:" It's 8.0a or higher.

Passing that, hit the Display tab, and then hit the button labeled "Test DirectDraw".

If you note ANY problems dxdiag reports along the way, let me know...

EHPC uses about the least amount of DirectX functionality there is, pretty much.  

P.S. What OS do you run, and what's your locale? (USA, Germany, etc?)  I have no idea if locale could effect this, but you never know...

Oh, and in my experience, you'd be surprised just how much different "up to date" video drivers can and will make... sometimes THE difference... on that note, what IS your video card?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2003, 08:39:57 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

AOL Instant Messenger - Langrassier Yahoo Instant Messenger - temple_of_erinyes
View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2003, 10:11:24 am »

Nope... actually, she plays a little character with a sad history.  Basically a flawed computer technology design who's final fate was to be "formatted and started over".  She talks in third person, "crashes" easy, but wants more than anything for a proper "administrator" to "debug" her.  

Actually, it's the wierdest thing on Earth, but my Iffy is just like that! She talks in third person and all, stinks at what she was designed to do, and is basically around to give everyone grief. Only difference is that she doen't know she's any different from anyone else because she was already re-booted when Makoto found her. Don't believe me? I have a pic to prove it.  ;D I drew it myself!

This is Ifurita in the earliset stages of development... My computer went haywire, as you all know, so I lost everything but what was on disk, aka this. She's changed quite a bit appearance-wize, and she doesn't resemble the other Ifurita's so much anymore... I wanted to custom my own appearnce for her, since the other ones were, in my opinion, done to death. And cuz it was fun!  ;)

OR

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/82f1578a/bc/Yahoo!+Photo+Album/Jures+copy4.GIF?pfwVxg.Am9RKvtsy
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2003, 12:51:41 pm »

I'm not even sure what's going on, don't even try and explain it to me and the pic doesn't work, both versions are broken.

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2003, 01:04:43 pm »

Lord, Jewel, you need some REAL webspace. :P

I can offer you 25% fake webspace.  It's 75% real.  Er...

That is, I'd gladly give you a directory to throw pictures and stuff in, if you need such a thing.  I'm just not good bandwidth for anything real "big".

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2003, 02:41:06 pm »

You'd give her fake free webspace? How is that possible?

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2003, 02:44:34 pm »

Actually it just requires me creating an FTP account on the computer in the basement.  I don't like to advertise it like its the webspace powering Microsoft Corporation or anything...

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2003, 02:51:04 pm »

Hmm...how many computers do you actually have in total? I have two. Mine and my dads. My mum can hardly use computers, so she doesn't need one.

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2003, 03:28:45 pm »

In my room:
Main - 1.4GHz, laptop - 650MHz, dud tower - 380Mhz, busted old Mac Quadra - 33Mhz (+4)

Brothers' room (2)

Parents' room (1)

Sister's room (1)

Basement (2)

So that's 4+2+1+1+2 = 10 total active computers.

Then there's about 20 potential computers in junk parts out in the garage.

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2003, 03:32:49 pm »

OMIGOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT'S MILLIONS OF COMPUTERS!!!!!!!!!!!

*Lar dies*

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines