Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:18:54 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Re: El-hazard RPG
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Re: El-hazard RPG  (Read 4485 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« on: January 15, 2004, 05:17:48 pm »

O_o

If you're serious ... then anything I've done in this department is like totally blown out of the water.  Provided that, firstly, you're truthful and, secondly, it's good.

Even though you're not releasing it yet, can you get a screenshot or something?  Please?

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

AOL Instant Messenger - holyknightwayne
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 02:35:09 am »

Unless this game is basically a huge mod using the Aurora Engine from NWN or IWD2-- which wouldn't be a bad thing if you're that flexible, heh-- I really can't see how anyone can make an "unofficial" full-fledged 3D game. Modelling and texturing the basic models, in an anime style, not to mention 3D landscaping....

Heh, well; at least most of the story is prewritten and if you'd just be using a previous engine... still, though; I can't imagine a group of professional artists, renderers, and programmers working pro bono on an anime game in some of the company's busiest years. But three years sounds about right... what do you do at Black Isle, if you don't mind my asking? With the trouble BIS and Interplay are in right now, this is pretty surprising news, to say the least, heh.

"Die... a glorious death. Fight on and fly on, to the last drop of blood and fuel... to the last beat of the heart and the last kick of the motor... a death for a knight, a toast for his fellows, friend and foe."

-Manfred von Rich
Fujisawa4654
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 02:53:21 am »

I'm not getting my hopes up untill I see proof.. Screenshot or otherwise.

makoto
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 01:52:08 pm »

I'm sorry to make you all confused and curious. Actually Blackisle will not allow any japanese version game release through it name or even not with it's co-operation, my company have certain rule to avoid foreign based games, however due to our teamwork and unofficial making of this first revolution game engine they are approaching another decision and I hope it will be good.

As for those who are confused and not sure if this game really exit, I suggest that you should monitor Blackisle official website daily. If the contract is sign by company for it's extra-ordinary game engine, we promise that it will release as official game of Blackisle. As for proof look forward in very same website okay.

My real name is Elie, and I'am junior 3D character engineer as well as 3d co-animator of Icewind dale 2 game. I already mentioned that this game was made only to enchaned the way of upgrading powerful game engine and to improve our skill, but I never thought it will be so unique of all. But the making of this project was my idea as well as my Dad who is CEO of Blackisle company. We have never found any japanese version game in actual 3D world as english version so we just started it, after all I am japanese too.

Nice to help you all and if I made you more confused forgive me, sayonara
Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 04:19:42 pm »

*raises an eyebrow* Black Isle doesn't have a CEO currently. The last one was Feargus Urquhart, who left to help form Obsidian last year (some time after Black Isle was absorbed into Interplay (at which point he was no longer an executive; I think his title was "Head Developer" or something, after all, BIS was no longer a corporation, just a division of Interplay)). Interplay's CEO is Herve Caen.

Of course, considering BIS and Bioware are both Canadian developers, it's not too surprising they don't have very many Japanese staff members (I'm not aware of any offhand, actually; although it is a pretty big studio, or at least it was).

BIS is one of my favorite developers, so I read up on the state of the studio after Interplay initially announced they were going to shut it down (a decision subsequently reversed, fortunately; although several key members of the staff were released).

Heh, sorry if it sounds like I'm grilling you or something, but this just doesn't add up. *chuckles* Especially the "projected release date"-- one to two months means all the work is done and it's in its final testing phase, and if such was the case... well, some screenshots would be very welcome.

(Unless they were going to can Jade Empire, and you just changed the models from Chinese to Roshtarian.... :D)

"Die... a glorious death. Fight on and fly on, to the last drop of blood and fuel... to the last beat of the heart and the last kick of the motor... a death for a knight, a toast for his fellows, friend and foe."

-Manfred von Rich
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2004, 05:00:17 pm »

For all those who weren't aware, I'm probably the first major one who was originally pushing to do an amateur 3D El-Hazard thing.  I even have quite a few character models... not all of them equally good, but eh.  I was writing a 3D engine of my own even and making good progress on it.  At least it was mathematically sound though it's detection routines were not perfected and its special FX nonexistant, but ... it was still mine.   ^^;  I got sidetracked because amateur GBA development was making much more immediate fame.

But that's just me, not a company.  Now, I know I'm gulliable, but I do hope what this person is saying is true.  ... even if you can't get screenshots because you don't have an engine, any chance we can see your models?  I think we all want something to grab onto here.  El-Hazard has been greatly mistreated in the video game department.  The only "game" was the Sega
Saturn one, and that really leaves much to be desired.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 05:01:01 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2004, 11:00:12 pm »

Well, for legal reasons I imagine she probably can't post screenshots yet? At any rate, release a MacOS port and I'm keen!

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
makoto
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2004, 01:54:19 pm »

I'm sorry did you found out all this imformation on the base of internet, then hello let me remind you something this is not year 2003 it's already 2004 and for your so rude suggestion I suggest you to surf blaclisle website and read the new headline as well as our project is approved. All fan of El-hazard will soon get there copies of this unique game. Onething to mentioned that however it was approve but it's title was modified yesterday" Eternity". this will be my last access to this forum, thankyou and forgive me instead okay:)
Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2004, 03:43:52 pm »

I'm sorry did you found out all this imformation on the base of internet, then hello let me remind you something this is not year 2003 it's already 2004 and for your so rude suggestion I suggest you to surf blaclisle website and read the new headline as well as our project is approved.

I didn't think I was being rude, just pointing out some pretty obvious holes in your tale (and the fact that your reply is "Well, it's not 2003 anymore," which is totally irrelevant to the situation BIS and Interplay are in, leads me to suspect I was right).

Plus if you were really working for BIS, you probably would've pointed out that Black Isle is based in California; it's only Bioware that's Canadian. :]

But hey, I'm all for giving people the benefit of the doubt. So I went a little above and beyond, just to make sure.

Black Isle's main page. The most recent headlines and press releases are about BG: Dark Alliance 2. No mention of El Hazard, "Eternity," etc.

Went over to the Interplay forums. No relevant hits for "El Hazard" (mentioned in passing in a few threads). No relevant hits for "Eternity" (used frequently, but never in reference to a game, development team, or engine).

Look, I apologize for calling you out on this, especially since it would seem like you've been singled out (there's no shortage of dishonest people on the Internet, and most of the time we can safely ignore them). And one fabricated story doesn't disqualify you from the site or anything, at least not as far as I know.

-Manfred von Rich
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2004, 08:52:52 pm »

this will be my last access to this forum, thankyou and forgive me instead okay:)

This is goodbye?  All ready?

But hey, I'm all for giving people the benefit of the doubt. So I went a little above and beyond, just to make sure.

Black Isle's main page. The most recent headlines and press releases are about BG: Dark Alliance 2. No mention of El Hazard, "Eternity," etc.

Went over to the Interplay forums. No relevant hits for "El Hazard" (mentioned in passing in a few threads). No relevant hits for "Eternity" (used frequently, but never in reference to a game, development team, or engine).

Look, I apologize for calling you out on this, especially since it would seem like you've been singled out (there's no shortage of dishonest people on the Internet, and most of the time we can safely ignore them). And one fabricated story doesn't disqualify you from the site or anything, at least not as far as I know.

No, I don't exactly have a rule like that.  But common sense would be that you wouldn't want to have someone who consistently makes ficticious stories up, either.

But I honestly don't know.  If you're still around, Elie, we meant nothing bad about this.  The point is we want to believe, we really do.  But there are reasons that an El-Hazard game being produced by experts just seems unfathomable.  

Now, I don't want to call "I suggest you to surf blaclisle website and read the new headline as well as our project is approved" either way for a simple reason -- your English isn't quite perfect.  I work with guys all day who are from Yugoslavia, so I try to understand broken English as best I can for their sake and will do so with you.  There's a questionable interpretation of what you said, you might have meant this:

"The news will be posted on the Black Isle website as a headline as soon as our project is approved."

I will definitely give you benefit of the doubt because I'd really like to see something like this.  That's the main reason that I was going to do it myself, albeit it'd never be at the same level as something produced from a professional company.

But common sense should tell you that any man can claim anything he wants, but without proof another man should surely doubt his word because the world is a very dishonest place.  Again, we're not claiming you of dishonesty because we have no proof, but there's a chance you're playing with our hearts because you know what we want.  But remember, WE REALLY DON'T KNOW either way.  If an article comes up on Black Isle about "Eternity", then surely we'll say we're sorry we ever doubted you.

For example, it may seem very unbelievable that I ever rewrote the El-Hazard Saturn game to GBA.  However, I can show you evidence I did it, and now you can even get that ROM.

I also have evidence of my 3D works:

Extremely prototype "Funky Dustbunny"; my engine

The trials of the single man team

Original Nanami model (too busty, I know :P)

Better shot of more developed engine

A neat effect I did before I decided to use my own engine; here I was using Vavoom, a DOOM port.

Same as above

Er, anyway.  Yeah.  I'm a very strong supporter of El-Hazard video games, and I'd truly love to see one done especially by a professional company.  But since nothing has ever even been hinted at since the Sega Saturn version, which wasn't even all that good... for those of us that care about it, it's a real craving.  And we'd love to see it fulfilled.

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2004, 10:49:06 pm »

Speaking of... where can I D/L your Gameboy port of the Saturn game from Bob?

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2004, 12:14:37 am »

http://www.el-hazardonline-dl2.net/El-Hazard/down.html

Bottom download on this quick rig page.

Saucer
Demon God(ess)