Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:17:08 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  El Hazard Ultimate Collection?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: El Hazard Ultimate Collection?  (Read 4635 times)
daguru
Dimension Traveler

BRILLIANT!

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2003, 04:22:55 pm »

Okay, ive been seeing this compilation set of 7 el hazard dvds called the "El Hazard Ultimate Collection." I have all of el hazard on dvd except MW. Since MW usually runs about $80 and this "ultimate set" is $50, would this be a wise use of my money?

here's one of the sets:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3371919444&category=41524

Jinnai's most trusted henchbug
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2003, 06:17:09 pm »

Actually, this looks like a pirated version of the El-Hazard series. Notice the lack of Pioneer logos on the packaging. If that doesn't bother you, then you should most definately buy it as it is a very good deal. Just beware: the image and sound quality of the discs might not be as good as the real ones, but this depends solely on how well the pirates have copied the original discs.

I am ashamed to admit that I have the Trigun box set pirated version as well. I have to give the people who made these things credit, though. The packaging was wonderful and very proffessional looking. The image and sound qualities on the discs were also great, and for the awesome price of $30, I found it to be a steal (literally).

I know this is depriving all the talented and wonderful makers of these works with the precious mula that they are entitled to, but as a poor, starving college student I am very succeptible to such things. I mean, should I spend $200 of my hard earned money to get the boxed set, or should I sell out $20 for a pirated version which is equal in quality to the original series?

Alas, I am damned. Curse my evil, evil need to pay the rent!

::runs away from the FBI::
« Last Edit: December 20, 2003, 06:18:18 pm by lord_god_jinnai » Logged

I Care Deep
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2003, 07:57:29 pm »

AFAIK, The "Ultimate Collection" is indeed just another Hong Kong Pirate.

Of course, I can't blame you -- there's no reason the original OAV DVD needs to be ~$100.  :P

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2003, 08:08:58 pm »

Hong Kong pirates are our friends ^_^ That's what the internet has taught ME!

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2003, 09:49:03 pm »

Looks like a chinese pirate to me, they are ba I've saw a friends where the dubbing was plain off and all the characters names were very bad.  

Plus for being on dvd you don't get a full DVD quolity you would on the offical verison

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2003, 07:07:13 pm »

Plus for being on dvd you don't get a full DVD quolity you would on the offical verison

Hey Bob, didn't we see a video tape tracking line at the top of the screen in one of the episodes of Alternative World on those "high quality" official DVDs you bought? :p

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2003, 07:31:54 pm »

Hey Bob, didn't we see a video tape tracking line at the top of the screen in one of the episodes of Alternative World on those "high quality" official DVDs you bought? :p

"Zing!"

Yes, the official AW DVDs are rather sad contraptions.

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2003, 07:41:51 pm »

"Zing!"

Yes, the official AW DVDs are rather sad contraptions.

Alas, it does happen. Expensive VTR masters get chomped on by "professional grade" machines or an intern spills his coffee on it or there's a manufacturing flaw in the tape itself and it degrades sooner than anticipated. I have several DVDs with parts were the picture sort of jumps up and down a bit on the screen. It's distracting, to say the least. ^^;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Neil Lafrenais
Demon God(ess)

Lovely Runey

AOL Instant Messenger - Neil+Lafrenais
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2003, 07:40:58 am »

Fortunately, it hardly matters as AW itself is a "sad contraption". ;)

However, I don't condone pirating the first OAV, at least. I'd say it's worth every over spent penny, but then again, OAV's just own my face, so yeah. How can you trust what I say?

Maximum boobage!!
Jojo
Demon God(ess)

The Bounty Of Blue Hair!

ICQ Messenger - 16562382 AOL Instant Messenger - Meijer+Bran+TM
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2004, 03:16:47 pm »

Sure this is a pirated version, but I own it and it looks just as good as the original. Atleast I think. I bought mine from SunDevilDVD along with their Love Hina collection to. I think if you just low on cash and you desperatly want to see it... get it.
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2004, 04:44:36 pm »

It's an ethics thing.  Surely duplicating DVD data is even easier than VHS data, depending on the method you use to do it.  It's not necessarily going to be of lower quality... but AIC doesn't get the money, which is really what it's all about.  But I do agree that anime videos are ludicrously overpriced so I can understand the decision to buy pirate.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines