Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:36:42 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  fanart
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: fanart  (Read 5221 times)
horacethegrey
« on: March 07, 2003, 10:46:31 am »

:) Hi!

I'm new here. Well not really, I've been a member of this forum for two months but it's only now I'm posting.

If it's not too much ask, could I post my fanart here? If not could any of you be as so kind to mention any other place where I can post my work.

In case any of you are wondering, it's a piece I made for dooky-san's fic "The Shape of Things to Come".

Anyway, hope to hear from you soon.  :)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2003, 11:30:15 am »

Sure you can.  I even store it on site (That's under "[MISC] -- El-Hazard Goodies" btw)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2003, 11:30:50 am by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
horacethegrey
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2003, 07:26:25 pm »

:) Thanks!  :)

:( Umm... If you don't miind me asking... How do I send it to you? Through your email or through this forum?
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2003, 09:04:58 pm »

Well, if you had some type of webspace, you could always post it in directly / link to it.  But yeah, if you have no other immediate methods, just email it as an attachment.

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2003, 04:29:10 pm »

This question is almost connected.

Rob, how do you use webpage imaegs that you have put onto Microsoft word and then shrunk? Cuz I have an image  really want as my Pic, but i cant find a smaller version of it. See, if i'd used it, it would have taken up pretty much a whole page.

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2003, 04:38:58 pm »

I don't think MSWord does any real shrinking, that is, it retains the image's original size, just "fakes" it for document layout.

If you have ANY sort of art program and a little bit of webspace, just shrink it in the art program and upload it.  You can even do that in MSPaint that comes with Windows (load or paste the picture in there, hit the menu "Image", then hit "Stretch/Skew" and enter a percentage to shrink it), but make sure your version saves JPEGs or PNGs.  BMPs (labeled as just "Bitmap" or "Color Bitmap" in paint) are not internet friendly.

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2003, 04:41:59 pm »

No offence, but is there any way you could explain that so i da understand it? Cause I'm not that good at getting stuff to work on coputers, I'm just good at breaking them and then getting someone else to fix it for me.

p.s. when do i move up to the next stage? You know, the stages you go through. Your Administrator and I'm Demon Goddess.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2003, 04:43:37 pm by larewen_evenstar » Logged

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
El The Istari
Demon God(ess)

I am the pic theif. You are next. Yes, you.

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2003, 03:20:47 pm »

Lar:

1: Get the image, copy and paste it into MSPaint. With me?

2: Click on the menu "Image" then click on "Stretch/Skew" Still here?

3: Enter a pencentage to shrink it to. Hanging on?

4: Muck around for a while till you find the perfect size! Going okay over there?

5: Save it on a floppy, (Important: Whe nyou save, DO NOT SAVE AS BMPs! Save as JPEG or PNG. These are the saving options! Don't call it JPEG!)  then take it to your Dad's computer and see if you can use a bit of webspace! This make sense?

6: Upload it onto the net. Okay?

7: Put the link into the "I have my own picture" option on your profile! Good?

Did this make sense in your little world of stuff and Orlando?

Try it, but if your computer breaks, it's not my fault!

Of course I'm out of my mind, it's dark and scary in there!
Forget the dogs of war. The wolves of war are what you should be worrying about.
Excuse me, I seem to have found a Heero in my shoe.
FOR SALE: 1 set of morals, never used
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2003, 03:33:31 pm »

I lost you on point five. Sorry. The wespace bit is the part thatconfusing me the most. And the pic isn't of Orlando it's actually of Arwen.

El The Istari
Demon God(ess)

I am the pic theif. You are next. Yes, you.

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2003, 03:49:19 pm »

*Bangs head off of computer table*

*Nose bleeds*

Right. I'm going to make you understand even if I have to shove the computer manual up your nose!

Ok, here we go.

JPEG, BMP and PNG are all ways to save images on a computer.

BMPs take up the most room, and are not computer friendly.

So, when saving please choose JPEG or PNG from the scroll down save options!  :) Following?

So: You save it onto a floppy and save as a JPEG or PNG!

Webspace is space that your server allows you to have on the net. That's how some people make websites.

So, you upload it onto the webspace.

Then enter the URL into the "I have my own pic" box.

Ok?

Or you could just Google the pic!  ;D

(Go me!)

Of course I'm out of my mind, it's dark and scary in there!
Forget the dogs of war. The wolves of war are what you should be worrying about.
Excuse me, I seem to have found a Heero in my shoe.
FOR SALE: 1 set of morals, never used
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2003, 04:04:04 pm »

Erm...hang on....

bakasama
Dimension Traveler

Yu get ta barnin'... kimi na shiku...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2003, 04:09:09 pm »

get ACDSee (and its serial generator, if you cant afford to purchase it. man, i'm soooo cruel). It crops and resizes all kindsa images you want!

Wooooooo..........
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2003, 04:13:19 pm »

I tried, i failed. And i can't be bothered trying again. I'm just gonna give in. I'll try and find it on the net. If not, I'll get myself a new pic.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines