Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:04:58 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  El-Hazard 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: El-Hazard 2  (Read 11717 times)
bakasama
Dimension Traveler

Yu get ta barnin'... kimi na shiku...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2003, 12:05:30 am »

... Sakuya... *Flashback*

Yep, Qawool is a 3rd degree clone of Sakuya. Speaking of TenchiMuyo!, i prefer Ryoko over them all.
Hey, a Pattern! Look, it's...
Makoto = Tenchi
Fatora = Aika goes lez
Shayla = Ryoko
Afura = Washu
Alele = Mihoshi
...even the pets!
Ura = Ryoiki

...Quawoor...

Damn, can't spell right.  >:(  Qawool. U followed by Q is part of my reflexes these days.

Wooooooo..........
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2003, 01:03:22 am »

Well, technically, about 95% of English words that contain a "q" also contain a following "u" to make its unique sound.  A "q" on its own usually makes a "ck" sound, which would technically make "Qawool" into "Kawool", I think.  But there's always exceptions to the rules...

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
rowan_a._seven
Demon God(ess)

Demon Gods - as dangerous as they are cute.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2003, 10:01:16 pm »

Now, to be fair, there is a very logical and sensible explanation behind Sakuya's character and personality.

*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
*SPOILER*
*DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU WOULD BE UPSET BY HAVING ONE OF THE REVELATIONS OF TENCHI IN TOKYO BEING REVEALED.  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.*

Yugi wanted to drive a rift between Tenchi and the girls and created normal, nice, calm, and relatively innocent Sakuya, the antithesis to the chaos and strife of the Ryoko/Aeka situation, to accomplish this.  I can understand why Sakuya is the way she is and even like the character a bit, though I will agree that her relationship with Tenchi did seem a bit rushed and forced.

As for Qawool, I have ambiguous feelings about her.  I didn't like many of her functions in the Alternative World, but she does have potential.  
jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

AOL Instant Messenger - Langrassier Yahoo Instant Messenger - temple_of_erinyes
View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2003, 11:54:52 am »

Yugi wanted to drive a rift between Tenchi and the girls and created normal, nice, calm, and relatively innocent Sakuya, the antithesis to the chaos and strife of the Ryoko/Aeka situation, to accomplish this.  

I didn't know that... When Tenchi kissed Sakuya, I just quit watching. It felt wrong. I guess that sort of explains how perfect she is, but still, I find her irratating. But maybe now I'll finish watching Tenchi...

As for Qawool, she has no excuse for being all perfect and innocent and likeable, so I just hate her.  >:(
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2003, 01:50:17 pm »

she has no excuse for being all perfect and innocent and likeable

Well, some people "just are" too.  :P  But granted, I felt she was just another rerun, or maybe a design that the writers of AW (who as far as I know have nothing to do with the writers of any of the others) somewhere in the chain had this idea to knock all the other women out and take control of Makoto's passions with one character.  Maybe...

FYI, her default characteristics annoy me too.  She could pay to at least have a temper or something. ;p  Interestingly, the only time I remember seeing her get angry/raise voice was at Parnosse for a brief second... although I guess it was more annoyance.

I don't know, either way, my current fan-esque plannings actually twist her definition, probably making her more a pathetic failure of past existance then just another "perfect" female...

jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

AOL Instant Messenger - Langrassier Yahoo Instant Messenger - temple_of_erinyes
View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2003, 08:17:33 pm »

I don't know, either way, my current fan-esque plannings actually twist her definition, probably making her more a pathetic failure of past existance then just another "perfect" female...

I didn't know you were doing something with her Rob! (Not that that'ds a bad thing, I'm just interested)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2003, 01:23:50 am »

You inspired me to write a post so big that 10KB wasn't enough... I bumped the max up to 20KB.  Hohoh.  :P

Qawool's one of the last topics

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2003, 05:46:39 pm »

I actually know alot of people who slam OVA 2 and find Alternative World to be a better fair. I feel quite the opposite. Aside from the priestesses' costumes and items having more in common with wanderers than the OVA, the animation, fight scenes, BGM and such are all on par with OVA1. And people have also gripped about the fact that there are suddenly more than one Ifurita. But hey, if you're an Ifurita fan like I am, what's there to complain about?  ;D Go to El Hazard and awaken your very own Ifurita! *EHEM* but I digress, it's a great anime in it's own right. And it is just a side story, after all. So it's impratical to even compare it seriously to the first OVA.

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2003, 06:34:13 pm »

Plus OAV1 and the radio show that became OAV2 are the only actual Hyashi toys.  So there is no comparison style-wise.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2003, 06:34:25 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2003, 06:55:09 pm »

Nonii?! There's an El Hazard radio drama?!  ???

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2003, 08:05:46 pm »

Well, was.
One place you can still buy it

I believe it was this that was made into OAV2.

Makoto Mizuhara
Dimension Traveler

Mak-Daddy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2003, 02:37:23 am »

Nonii?! There's an El Hazard radio drama?!  ???

Yep.  There are more audio dramas than you can shake a zenmai at.  

Though the one that Rob is referring to is the series of dramas that aired on late night Japanese Radio in 1996.

The series takes place after the Magnificent World and the story contains several scenes that were later recycled into scenes in OVA 2.  

<cheappluggage>I got synopses of all things El-Hazard audio right here:

http://www.geocities.com/makotosmwo/

</cheappluggage>

El-Hazard Information, collected with TLC because of OCD...

(http://www.geocities.com/MakotosMWO/) http://www.el-hazardonline.net
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars &amp; Loud Guitars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2003, 10:50:26 pm »

OSU!! Thanks for the links Rob and Makoto! I usually avoid picking radio dramas, because I don't know enough Japanese to follow them. And they're rather expensive (plus import books at least have pictures ^^; ). But well, it's El Hazard, so.......

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2003, 04:35:10 pm »

If Qawools creators wanted to go for a "cuter" image, they should've made her more like Belldandy from Ah! My Goddess! She's actually likeable, since she's not the object of everyone's attention nonstop (and by that, I'm referring to Fatora, Allielle, Makoto and Dall)

Actually, I can't stand Bell. She is okay in a way, but i still prefer Skuld and Urd!!!!!! Go me!!!

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines