Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:03:54 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Dreamcast, not dead!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dreamcast, not dead!  (Read 3620 times)
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« on: January 11, 2004, 10:00:26 pm »

Every day, I see more and more evidence that Dreamcast truly is not dead after all. Though Sega announced in 2001 that they would be discontinuing production of the Dreamcast console, a steady trickle of games has continued to come out none the less. King of Fighters 2000-2002, Ikaruga, Border Down and Sega's own Dreamcast Classics rerelease series. And as if this year's promise of Psyvariar 2 wasn't enough, Alfa Systems finally caved into fan demands and are releasing Castle of Shikigami 2 on Dreamcast in March. Previously released to PS2 and Gamecube. Screenshots! And we have our friends at Dreamcast Scene to thank for their tireless effort! Looks like good things to come in 2004?

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

AOL Instant Messenger - holyknightwayne
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2004, 01:44:38 am »

The Dreamcast was always a pretty good system... if some of the folks at Sega had half a clue about marketing, it might still be with us. *chuckles*

This is good news, though-- even if it means I might lose a bet (the last game I said I would buy was Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike... and now it looks like that might not be it :D ).

"Die... a glorious death. Fight on and fly on, to the last drop of blood and fuel... to the last beat of the heart and the last kick of the motor... a death for a knight, a toast for his fellows, friend and foe."

-Manfred von Rich
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines