Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:47:45 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  another self-congratulatory anniversary topic
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: another self-congratulatory anniversary topic  (Read 4200 times)
MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« on: January 12, 2004, 03:54:07 pm »

According to my profile, I registered with EHOL on 12 January 2003.

One year and 300+ messages later, I'm still here.  That's a real accomplishment for me.  As I've mentioned before, I've gotten myself kicked off half a dozen various mailing lists, with my gift for writing stupid things.

Anywho, EHOL was one of the better things that came along in a personally lousy year.  I really enjoy watching everyone keep interest alive in an obscure yet wonderful anime franchise.

Thanks to Bob and Saucer for running an informal and friendly message board, and for overlooking my occasional unintentionally rude messages.

Thanks to the Round Robin writers for continuing what has to be one of the most successful round robins ever, and for letting me cut loose with some, uh, "experimental" writing  ^^;

And thanks to everyone in general for putting up with a creepy computer nerd in his mid-30s who is way, way too obsessed with El-Hazard.

The next year should bring more working Japanese translations and at least a little more fan fiction.  With luck, and a little more free time, maybe I can put together some other new EH goodies too  ;D
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2004, 04:13:11 pm »

And thanks to everyone in general for putting up with a creepy computer nerd in his mid-30s who is way, way too obsessed with El-Hazard.

*sniff* In the coming years, I hope to be you, another mid-30s computer nerd.  ;D

For now I am only the early 20s computer nerd.   :'(

With luck, and a little more free time, maybe I can put together some other new EH goodies too  ;D

You know we want it!   ;D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2004, 04:13:36 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2004, 12:51:17 am »

Congratulations, What-san! It's certainly nice to have you around. If I may say something though, you shouldn't be so apologetic! I've remained somewhat calm here for the most part, but I have freaked out hardcore on some people on other boards occasionally. I make no apologies for it though (they all had it coming). We're all human and far from perfect. That's what makes life so interesting! Anyway, keep up the good work and here's hoping we can high-five again next year!

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2004, 01:33:00 am »

Congratulations, Mr. What.

You're right about this place though; 2003 was a real shitty year, and this forum was one of the few shining moments for me. Rob's site is definately the best El-Hazard source on the web, and I'll brutally murder anyone who says otherwise.

As Saucer has also said above, don't apologize so much about your posts. I for one love 'em, and have touched myself many a time while reading them.

Cheers!

I Care Deep
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2004, 03:44:18 pm »

Well, I probably wont be here on my one year aniversarry, but I won't miss it!

Feb 1st, 2003, 8:28pm

Oh, well done Mr. What. ;D

Congrats!

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines