Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:32:56 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Galerians: Ash, or In Which There is Much Gushing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Galerians: Ash, or In Which There is Much Gushing  (Read 4361 times)
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« on: December 09, 2003, 07:46:23 pm »

Okay. So I ran over to GameStop last weekend to pick up Vagrant Story, which I had previously seen there for 15 bucks. Got it. Yay. So then I inquired as to the existence of Silent Hill (the first. 0ld sk00l!), and they (MIRACULOUSLY, as it's somehting of a rarity 'round these parts) had it. For 12 bucks. Score.

And THEN, they told me that I could get anything in the store for 12 bucks or less FREE. I cried tears of joy that day, my friends. Tears of joy.

It was then that I spied Galerians: Ash. I remembered reading about the first Galerians in Game Informer some time back and thinking "say... this sounds pretty damn interesting!" Not being one to strictly adhere to the rule of not playing sequels first, I decided to go ahead and make off with G:A.

Curious, I decided to start with that in my gaming experience, not wanting the bejeezus scared out of me or getting hopelessly addicted to an RPG before finals rolled around. I played the first hour or two and found myself amused by being forced to play the last stage of the first game, the rampant drug use, CRAZY PSYCHIC POWERSS, and the protagonist, Rion's navel-gazing angst. To the ladies who possess even a modicum of fangirlishness in them, pretty boy + angst = good, good eatin'. Oh, and the story's interesting and stuff too. :P Dubbing is a bit cheesy sometimes, but I'm not being picky. After a while, though, I started to think this game would take a slightly more macho turn and cease its cruel teasing of the YAOI! center of my brain.

Boy, was I wrong.

For what should I see when I defeat Ash, Rion's nemesis after an epic boss battle less than a third into the game, but a full-on, in-your-face MAN KISS. Cue Xel staring dumbfounded, going "OMGWTFBBQAOL."

Being a despicable whore, I read a spoiler or two and found that it really doesn't get a lot less ghei between those two. I am greatly pleased to hear this, and am looking forward to continuing with this game.

The moral of this story? Take a chance on things you aren't entirely familiar with sometimes. You might be surprised at how FREAKING MUCH they wind up suiting your tastes. =,]
« Last Edit: December 09, 2003, 07:48:11 pm by xel » Logged

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2003, 12:17:53 am »

pretty boy + angst = good, good eatin'.

It's funny, I often wondered what the deal is with chiXx0r and their fascination with this combination? I suppose though, it's the same as us guys: half-naked chiXx0r + violent chiXx0r =  =,] =,] =,] & oh gawd please marry me I don't even care if you're not real.....

"OMGWTFBBQAOL."

ROFLMFAO!!

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2003, 04:04:40 pm »

It's funny, I often wondered what the deal is with chiXx0r and their fascination with this combination?

I'm not entirely sure, either. I suppose maybe the notion of a cute, sad boy taps into some sort of twisted maternal instinct to kiss it and make it better. Er. ^^;

I suppose though, it's the same as us guys: half-naked chiXx0r + violent chiXx0r =  =,] =,] =,] & oh gawd please marry me I don't even care if you're not real.....

Experience much, Saucer? :B

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2003, 09:51:47 pm »

Experience much, Saucer? :B

Violent chiXx0r? Unfortunately, no. I mean, how hard is it to wear these heels and walk all over me? I don't think it's asking for too much.....

Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2003, 10:20:03 pm »

Saucer... you are one sad, sad, scary man.

::Gives him a nice Hawaiin Punch::  ^_^V

I Care Deep
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2003, 02:10:39 am »

Violent chiXx0r? Unfortunately, no. I mean, how hard is it to wear these heels and walk all over me? I don't think it's asking for too much.....

:: comes dressed up in a weird ass almost hippie get up with bell shaped sleeves, long skirt and big ass clogs carrying a Super Nintendo controller ::

Sorry I don't have to complete outfit, but I can beat the shit out of you if you like! I'm in a piss ass mood cos I just fought Megaman 7's final boss -- fought didn't beat

:: cracks Nintendo controller chord like a whip::

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2003, 03:40:34 pm »

I like your self-art.  I think it has improved since I last saw it.   ;D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2003, 03:40:43 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2003, 08:55:18 pm »

:: comes dressed up in a weird ass almost hippie get up with bell shaped sleeves, long skirt and big ass clogs carrying a Super Nintendo controller ::

Sorry I don't have to complete outfit, but I can beat the shit out of you if you like! I'm in a piss ass mood cos I just fought Megaman 7's final boss -- fought didn't beat

:: cracks Nintendo controller chord like a whip::

I'M SORRY MISTRESS SARAH! I'M SORRY!!!!!!!!!

::grovels in corner::

jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

AOL Instant Messenger - Langrassier Yahoo Instant Messenger - temple_of_erinyes
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2003, 09:26:21 pm »

=,] I LOVE the Misstress Sarah pic... Not that I'm a big S&M person... Much... Oh, who the hell am I kidding... :P
saji_sage
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2003, 05:04:28 pm »

OK I LIKE LOTS OF BLOOD BUT FROM DUDES NOT GIRLS I WILL KILL A MAN FOR HITTING A GRL ASK MY DAD OOOOPPS  U CANT LOL!!!!
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2003, 10:28:32 pm »

On the contrary, I asked your dad yesterday. So there. What're you gonna do about it, huh?

I Care Deep
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2003, 05:42:17 pm »

On the contrary, I asked your dad yesterday. So there. What're you gonna do about it, huh?

XD XD XD

...Jinnai, sir, are you absolutely certain that you wouldn't be willing to procreate with me? ^^; It thrills me to no end to think of what brilliance might surface in our offspring.

If not, er... well, I'll be over here scrubbing the toilets...

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2003, 10:26:26 pm »

XD XD XD

...Jinnai, sir, are you absolutely certain that you wouldn't be willing to procreate with me? ^^; It thrills me to no end to think of what brilliance might surface in our offspring.

If not, er... well, I'll be over here scrubbing the toilets...

For shame, fair lass! Do think long and hard (no pun intended), and choose wisely thy mate!

::flashes ";D" in LGJ's direction::

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines