Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:58:42 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Who's your fave El Hazard Character?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Who's your fave El Hazard Character?  (Read 28257 times)
shaylashaylaflame1
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2003, 12:39:24 am »

Samurai X sucks.

I like Rurouni Kenshin!!! :bawl How can it SUCK?!
jewel_of_roshtaria
Demon God(ess)

AOL Instant Messenger - Langrassier Yahoo Instant Messenger - temple_of_erinyes
View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2003, 05:25:48 pm »

Samurai X sucks.

I'll agree with anything Jinnai says.  :)
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2003, 05:51:17 pm »

I'll agree with anything Jinnai says.  :)

Ohohoho... likewise. Samurai X-- the name-- is earth-shatteringly lame. But Rurouni Kenshin r0xx0rz my b0xx0rz. |D

Ah, Saitou... when will you learn? *several million hearts*

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2003, 11:04:55 pm »

At a defunct messageboard I was once a member of, someone posted a pic of the real-life Saito Hajime in his police uniform (and yes, his ears really were just as big as his anime counterpart!). Really cool little historical item, but I've scoured the net and not been able to turn it up again tonight. I did however find a pretty cool website http://www.saito-hajime.com/
« Last Edit: December 17, 2003, 11:05:38 pm by saucer » Logged

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
theravenisdead
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2003, 10:15:41 am »

Hmm.. There's something that Im supposed to say in these situations.. hm... Oh yes!..

"If you don't have anything good to say about a particular anime in public, don't say anything at all."

So noted.  -_-

And Tomoe 0\/\/|\|z0rz. so there  ^^;
Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

AOL Instant Messenger - holyknightwayne
View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2004, 01:55:17 am »

After the little Kenshin diversion, I hope nobody minds me chiming in about El Hazard.  ^^;

My favorite's been Ifurita pretty much from the start... to this day I can't really put my finger on it; she's probably the least expressive among a bunch of really offbeat characters, and she's the default superbeing (and being a writer of a sort I tend to dislike that). But... her whole story with Makato was done so well in the OAVs, especially for as short as it was.

Very close runner-up is Shayla-Shayla (she's about the exact opposite of me, so of course I like her :D), and then I'm not sure where the others fit in. El Hazard has so many good characters it's tough to play favorites, heh.

Samurai X was the English name for the Kenshin prequel OAVs (which despite the inclusion of X, the most overused letter of the modern generation; is better than the [for me] complex Japanese titles)... which I didn't like quite as much as the Rurouni Kenshin TV series. It was quite a bit gorier and with none of the humor and fewer likeable characters-- that was probably the point, I mean; a dramatic story about a killer who eventually had to overcome that-- but I just didn't like it as much. It's still good, though.

I like being a new member with an opinion. *laughs* First time it's happened in awhile.

"Die... a glorious death. Fight on and fly on, to the last drop of blood and fuel... to the last beat of the heart and the last kick of the motor... a death for a knight, a toast for his fellows, friend and foe."

-Manfred von Rich
Afura
Londs' Screen Time

~ Holy Priestess of Wind ~

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2004, 12:49:45 am »

1) A-F-U-R-A M-A-N-N !!!!!
2) Shayla Shayla - Nanami
3) Miz - Fuji
3) Jinnai - Alielle
4) Katsuo!!!!
5) Fayora - Rune - Diva - Ifurita
6) Makoto
« Last Edit: May 30, 2004, 03:34:38 pm by afura » Logged

..."I´m surprised you´re not boring us with another one of your speeches, Shayla"...
Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

AOL Instant Messenger - holyknightwayne
View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2004, 01:36:49 am »

I remember this one. :D I think I had my first post here, actually....

Afura-- Heh, I figured you were going to surprise us and pick Rune or Miz or someone just for the irony. *chuckles* I liked Afura as well, it's just that she'll always be compared to the other two Priestesses, and they're some of the most interesting characters in anime (Shayla in particular is a favorite, she's done so well-- Miz is pretty funny and has her moments as well). Meanwhile, Afura gets to be centered, unflappable character, which just isn't the same.

Speaking of Shayla, after watching some more of El Hazard since the last time I posted, I think I'll switch the order a bit (Shayla's now #1, and Jinnai's quite a bit higher... he gets funnier each time I watch the series, while Ifurita's... still Ifurita, heh).

"Die... a glorious death. Fight on and fly on, to the last drop of blood and fuel... to the last beat of the heart and the last kick of the motor... a death for a knight, a toast for his fellows, friend and foe."

-Manfred von Rich
ifurita_demon_god
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2004, 01:33:06 am »

I like the OVA ifurita only. I have no other fave character at all.
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2004, 06:23:27 am »

Hello hardcore Ifurita fan person.   ^^;  I hope you at least sorta like some of the other EH characters.

Oh, and Angelfire images show up as silly "Image Hosted by Angelfire" for the rest of us.  I recommend you upload it up on this site.

See:
http://www.el-hazardonline.net/cgi-bin/eholup/upload.cgi

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
xxdemongodifuritaxx
Demon God(ess)

I will do anything to make my Master happy

AOL Instant Messenger - KowaiNoNeko Yahoo Instant Messenger - xxdemongodxx
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2004, 05:27:36 pm »

My favorite El Hazard character would have to be my lord and Master, Jinnai, all the way. He's so admirable in the way he strives so hard to humiliate and defeat Makoto-chan and I will be at his beck and call anytime he wishes to aid him.  ^_^V

Punish me Master! I've been a bad demon god. ^^
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2004, 09:21:47 pm »

My favorite El Hazard character would have to be my lord and Master, Jinnai, all the way. He's so admirable in the way he strives so hard to humiliate and defeat Makoto-chan and I will be at his beck and call anytime he wishes to aid him.  ^_^V

Hey, Ifurita. Quit your whining and go clean the toilets at the Bugrom Hive. The Bugrom have gotten into the chilli rations again and, well... it ain't pretty.

I Care Deep
xxdemongodifuritaxx
Demon God(ess)

I will do anything to make my Master happy

AOL Instant Messenger - KowaiNoNeko Yahoo Instant Messenger - xxdemongodxx
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2004, 06:43:48 am »

Yes, Master! *gets a deluxe high water pressured hose and takes aim inside and lets loose only to get thrown about on the thing holding on for dear life shouting out* How do you stop this thing?!  *she does get the job done however but some poor bugrom schmuck was still inside so you hear him screaming* Oops! Sorry! I didn't know someone was still in there! *as she continues to wrestle around with the hose*

Punish me Master! I've been a bad demon god. ^^
kajishima_masaki
Bugrom Forces

Just Another Day.....

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2004, 09:29:33 pm »

My favorite characters? Well, there's Makoto, yeah the protgonist, then Fujisawa, he's some teacher, if he was in I, My, Me! Strawberry Eggs, the principal would have a good reason to deny hiring men as teachers.WAIT! Wasn't he in Tenchi before? That might mean he was a teacher there, and he got transferred to Shinonome(maybe) and maybe he got fired from the school Tenchi was in, maybe because he was caught drinking? It's just my theory. And Nanami, she's cool, even though she's a bit of a money grubber, but hey, it's just business! After all, she's an entrepreneur! But it got her in trouble, when she messed with the Temple of the Water priestess, just goes to show ya never trust a person like that to be in charge of a temple.(hehehehehehe)
nescaro
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2004, 01:55:46 am »

I'd have to say Jinnai with Shayla and Allelle (I'll probably end up spelling her name different every time I'm odd like that.) tied for second. What can I say those three always seem to be the scene stealers (course when your opposite someone like Makoto, who I've always found likeable but painfully bland) it ain't that difficult I suppose. Now before I manage to ant..anto...annoy anyone I think I'll go find a bar.

"The only thing worse then being talked about is not being talked about"
« Last Edit: October 29, 2004, 01:56:03 am by nescaro » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines