Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:44:57 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Warning: Topic may contain catgirls
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Warning: Topic may contain catgirls  (Read 4467 times)
dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« on: December 04, 2003, 12:26:50 pm »

Evening, kids. I thought I'd stop by and ask or a wee bit of help with a current project of mine. For various secret reasons, I'm trying to assemble a list of catgirls in anime series. I've found several incomplete lists on the web, but I'm sure I'm missing some, particularly from newer series...

Anyway, here's my list, currently at 34 catgirls...

Aisha Clan-Clan (Outlaw Star)
Annapuma (Dominion Tank Police)
Battia Rou (Outlanders)
Charlotte (Magical Catgirl Taruto)
Cheshire Cat (Miyuki-chan)
Chinaki (Mao-chan)
Chitose (Magical Catgirl Taruto)
Dejiko (DiGi Charat)
Eriya (Escaflowne)
Felicia (Darkstalkers)
Ichigo (Tokyo Mew Mew)
Kizna (Candidate for Goddess)
Koboshi (Pita Ten)
Kokubunji Koyori (Nurse Komugi Magikarte)
Koma (Asagiri no Miko)
Konyako (Eden's Bowy)
Lime (Jewel Bem Hunter Lime)
Mao (Angelic Layer)
Maya (Geobreeders)
Merle (Escaflowne)
Miruru (Tenshi ni Narumon)
Naria (Escaflowne)
Natsuki (Hyper Police)
Nova (Rayearth)
Nuku Nuku (Nuku Nuku)
Nyako (Eden's Bowy)
Puchiko (DiGi Charat)
Ropponmatsu 2nd (Excel Saga)
Ryuquir (Villgust)
Tamami (Tenshi no Shippo)
Taruto (Magical Catgirl Taruto)
Tin Nyanko (Sailor Moon)
Unipuma (Dominion Tank Police)
Yuriko (Mao-chan)

Certain characters have been considered but then dropped, such as Lum and Shampoo. I'm also not including catgirls who are manga/games/hentai only... not that there's anything wrong with those media (especially if catgirls are involved ^_~), but anime is the field I'm most able to research.

Cosplay catgirls are allowed, provided the character wears the costume a lot- so I couldn't really include the likes on Neko-Ruri, Neko-Excel or Neko-Guu -_- However, Dejiko, Puchiko and that girl from Pita Ten are okay, since they're catgirls almost all of the time. A catgirl doesn't even necessarily have to have neko ears... but she'd better be pretty damn catlike to make up for it ^_^

Any omissions you can find would be greatly appreciated. I know, for instance, that there are more catgirls in Taruto, but I've only seen one episode so far. I think there may be numerous catgirls in Candidate for Goddess... so I suppose I'll have to find that series ^_^

Cheers,

the dooky

Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2003, 01:31:46 pm »

I believe that the sole catgirl in Candidate for Goddess is Kizuna, though all I've seen of that is the thirteen-episode anime (perhaps the manga shows differently). As I understand it, she was given her cat ears when she lost her hearing in an accident, and she is quite ashamed of them. (Now, why they couldn't have given her new ears that look like human ears, I have no idea.)

I'd also nominate Tanya from the Battle Atheletes OAV. I've only seen three episodes, but from what I've seen she's pretty much the most cat-girl-like total human there is. No ears, no tail, but she acts more like a cat than most honest cat-girls. ^^; (Su from Love Hina and Ed from Cowboy Bebop are similar, I'll grant, but I'd say that they each behave more like a monkey and a dog, respectively. Tanya's definitely a cat.)

And what about Ryo-Ohki from Tenchi Muyo? Sure, she's more of a cabbit-girl than a cat-girl, but isn't that close enough? She was certainly a babe when she was in her "adult" humanoid form...

I'll add more if I think of them.

The 1337 poster
shaylashaylaflame1
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2003, 06:54:47 pm »

All I kno is Nuku Nuku  :bawl !!!!!!I kno a guy cat dude!Except its a Catgirl topic -_- .
daguru
Dimension Traveler

BRILLIANT!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2003, 08:57:41 pm »

hmmmm

Brittany and every other catgirl (theres a bunch I don't know) in "Golddigger"

Jinnai's most trusted henchbug
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2003, 09:37:21 pm »

Aisha Clan Clan is probably my all time favorite from this entire list.  She raised narcissism to an art form, though demonstrates she can be a bad ass when the situation requires.

Battia Rao from Outlanders was one of my early favorites.  I've been a Manabe fan for years.  Although I had always thought her features to be more similar to those of a jackal or a wolf than a cat.  Must be part of why Geobaldi was so smitten with her though he'd be loathe to admit it.  ;)

Nuku Nuku was a different take on the cat-girl idea, though I guess her rotary dish ears really did look like a cat's.

And while we're on the topic, would Asrial from Ninja High School count?  Oh, waitaminit...that's manga.

Then again, one catgirl you forgot is really a catgirl.  Tomoe from Usagi Yojimbo.  ;)  Usagi appeared once or twice in TMNT waaaay back in the day but I'm not sure if Tomoe ever did.  

Omaha the Cat Dancer comes to mind, though that's getting more into the North American anthro genre (the fandom in which began for me with Erma Felna EDF from Steven A. Gallacci.)

--me

Mark Engels
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2003, 12:20:43 am »

^^; Wow Dooky, you got a pretty complete list there. You could conceivably add Ryoko from the Tenchi Muyo OVA. She has a tail and puts on cat ears sometimes. There's also Pink from Dragon Pink (a hentai ^^; ) and another catgirl from Usagichan de Cue. I can't remember her name off hand. But you can get 2 of the 3 eps at http://www.animesuki.com

I'll try to come up with some more.

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2003, 02:29:54 am »

^^; Wow Dooky, you got a pretty complete list there. You could conceivably add Ryoko from the Tenchi Muyo OVA. She has a tail and puts on cat ears sometimes.

Well, technically the tail isn't real, either. It's part of Ryoko's outfit (and only one of her outfits, at that). There's no sign of it when she's bare nekkid, which I think is the clearest indication. Even so, I agree, Ryoko displays many catlike-tendencies, and could well qualify, depending on how loose Dooky wishes to make his qualifications. :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2003, 02:30:46 am by spanner » Logged

The 1337 poster
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines