Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:26:29 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  Non-El-Hazard Topical Discussions (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  What year was it for you?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: What year was it for you?  (Read 6531 times)
Ragnarok Addict
Bugrom Forces

Ragnarok Addict is now Knight Level 71. WOW!

Yahoo Instant Messenger - silver_rave4plue@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW
« on: November 23, 2003, 11:04:11 pm »

This topic is kinda  ::) advance but I was thinking.....

What kind of year is 2003 for you? Was 2002 better?

Tackle it up and post your thoughts!

GOSH! this is my first topic in EHOL!

Share an adventure with thousands of Filipino players in real-time.

Choose your role: Swordsman, Thief, Mage, Merchant, Acolyte or Archer.

Play cooperatively by forming adventure parties to complete a quest and play competitively by
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2003, 11:32:33 pm »

In honor of your first post, I fixed the linking in your sig.  :P  (Check the proper YaBB url tag usage for future reference.)

2003... I originally declared it would be a "boring" year, because unlike "2001" which has flair, and "2002", which obviously has a mirror effect going, 2003 isn't easily dividable and all-in-all is a pretty boring number.  2004 is nice because of the "2" and the "4" and the even number-ness and all that.  2003, bleh.

BUT, actually quite a bit happened.  All sorts of major EHOL site developments and roster changes.  And for me personally, I went through my first financial panic but now am (hopefully) on my way to a completely different course of study in school that (again, hopefully) will lead me to something I might actually enjoy doing with myself in later life.  It's actually been a major roller coaster.  And I wound up with like ten times the El-Hazard junk I had before.  Har.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2003, 01:30:14 am »

The first half of 2003 sucked. I was done with college with no job and the economy took such a bad dive that even shitty retail places didn't want me.

But when I got hired for my kick ass government teaching job in Guam, well stuff started looking up! Now I live on a tropical island, make almost $40,000 a year, rent my own house, bought all the Rockman junk I could ever want (well almost) and now I'm working on buying some more kick ass junk like a DVD player, Game Cube, new TV and possibly a laptop.

Now if only someone would invent Astro Boy before the year ends, my life will be complete and I can die happy.

Oh yeah and I need a man... that would be nice too .... ..... or a ROBOT man... that would be even better!

^_^V

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Tsuzuki Asato
Bugrom Forces

" Ragnarok Hunter Level 67 "

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2003, 07:44:53 am »

::)
RAGGY HOW ABOUT YOU?

On an ANIME OTAKU perspective? How many NEW Animes you've seen this year? Were last year's animes better?

-------------

Me? My entire year was almost covered with RAGNAROK FRENZY.... Addiction....

On an OTAKU perspective, I think last years animes are better... What else can I say? There are always new animes here to watch almost every month!!

On life, (eheemm  ::)) I broke up with my girlfriend last JUNE.... SHOOT! I realized that I should get over her soon so I stick to my RAGGY ONLINE Lifestyle. This started from JULY till NOW and I'm a super god level 50 archer!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2003, 07:48:04 am by tsuzuki_asato » Logged

I tried to lose myself today
And hope this pain will go away
A thousand days I tried to waste
I feel the same but you're still okay

Don't take away your eyes
Coz I know you're beside me but I just can't
Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2003, 09:53:16 am »

2003... I originally declared it would be a "boring" year, because unlike "2001" which has flair, and "2002", which obviously has a mirror effect going, 2003 isn't easily dividable and all-in-all is a pretty boring number.  2004 is nice because of the "2" and the "4" and the even number-ness and all that.  2003, bleh.

Man, I thought I was the only one obsessive-compulsive enough to be annoyed by the year 2003 because it's such an ugly number. :P

This year has been somewhat bothersome for me, 'cause I just haven't had the time to do everything that I want to do. All these great new computer and video games kept coming out, like Xenosaga, .hack, and most recently, the scourge known as Disgaea, sucking my life into a digital void from which there is no escape. My house is a mess, and I haven't updated my webpages in ages.

Oh, well - maybe next year will be better...

The 1337 poster
Aya Mikage
Demon God(ess)

Does she look like Ifurita? She's a mage...

ICQ Messenger - 245860247 AOL Instant Messenger - ifurita214 Yahoo Instant Messenger - tenyo_aya_mikage
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2003, 08:02:32 am »

Well for me, this year (2003) started well and ended well. I think this year really taught me that I should grow up and be strong :'(.

January - A very nice new year. My first love came back.

February - month of love,eh? Our Prom date was held this month. An guess what? I dumped to many gentlemen asking for a dance. There were no alchohols allowed. Men, this is the first time I joined a party without gettin' drunk. My last dance was very spectacular!!

March - Recognition (Finished 3rd YEar high). Our COCC Training began - a preperatory for COLT.

April  - Finished COCC. I chose to continue to take the Cadet/Cadette Officers Leadership Training (COLT). It was kinda damn hard... It was like a military training. We had this Army Dozen Exercise wherein we have to jog continuously for 2 executive hours then after that, we have to do the 12 most difficult body exercise. Each exercise is done in cadence command and we must do it 45 counts  and 10 good repitition...  :bawl No wonder there were about 5-10 cadets/cadette who decided to quit. I was not one of them.

Actually, I was once became a batallion commander, a major, a captain and 1st and 2nd lieutenant commander. And right now, Im a Captain.. They just all praise me... :'(

May - Our COLT ended ---- with a mud crawl in the entire school teritory, blindfolded... It was then I noticed. I already look horrible unlike when I was on our prom. I was fun... XD

JUNE - 4th Year High classes started. I was appointed as the First Platoon Captain.

JULY - The most bitter experience I ever had happened this month. It was July 12.  :bawl What happened to me this month will always stay with me forever..

August - Still recovering from the said experience. My grades were failing because of severe depression and insomnia.

September - I JOINED the EHOL FORUM!! I had a very terrible fight with my closest peers that almost led to a gang war.

October - The Depression Month...

November - I began to recover from a very long term of suffering. Started to have new set of peers then I began to get active on our school activities.

Our group was chosen to represent our year level on a SPEECH CHOIR  in MOTION (English). We won first place on the School Level. Then next is the Division Level and we were qualified to a Regional Festival and still won first place.... Hahaha... I was damn easy. We are the cream of creams...

And! I started new things I never done --- BAKING!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 08:04:39 am by ifurita-sama » Logged

"In the future, you will fall under the control of the star of darkness."

"I see blood, anger, and sadness -- the destruction of the equilibrium of everything in this world."

"On the day when the 16th star an
Ragnarok Addict
Bugrom Forces

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2003, 09:56:08 pm »

::)
RAGGY HOW ABOUT YOU?

On an ANIME OTAKU perspective? How many NEW Animes you've seen this year? Were last year's animes better?

-------------

Me? My entire year was almost covered with RAGNAROK FRENZY.... Addiction....

On an OTAKU perspective, I think last years animes are better... What else can I say? There are always new animes here to watch almost every month!!

On life, (eheemm  ::)) I broke up with my girlfriend last JUNE.... SHOOT! I realized that I should get over her soon so I stick to my RAGGY ONLINE Lifestyle. This started from JULY till NOW and I'm a super god level 50 archer!

Too bad for you Tsuzuki. Your GirlFRIEND broke up with ya. :D I bet this year is not the year for ya...

Level 50,eh?! Thats no match for my Level 81 Swordsman dude!

Anime perspective ---> I think all of the animes I've seen this year are no different from last year.. GENSOUMADEN SAIYUKI still rocks...

Play cooperatively by forming adventure parties to complete a quest and play competitively by
Ragnarok Addict
Bugrom Forces

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2003, 10:01:13 pm »

You had a very long post there, AYA-san. ^^; What happened on July 12 anyway? :-/

Congratulations for winning the regional Speech Choir in Motion. I bet it wasn't easy..

MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2003, 08:54:33 pm »

(my second attempt at replying to this topic...)

What kind of year is 2003 for you? Was 2002 better?

Personally?  2003 sucked.  Easily one of the worst years of my life.  I started my web log back in March, and it covers most of the crap that went down, so I won't go into it again here and now.

How many NEW Animes you've seen this year? Were last year's animes better?

I've completed four series in 2003, as I type this:
Excel Saga-- Fair/good overall, but disappointing.
Fruits Basket-- Excellent.  
Hyper Police-- Very good.
Trouble Chocolate-- Good/very good (a guilty pleasure, I guess).
js_morris
Demon God(ess)

Defender of Fair Play

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2003, 11:18:32 am »

It has been a very up-and-down year. The first half was horrible, as my wife's nursing agency couldn't get her any hours (when the economy is bad, hospital censuses drop and agency nurses don't get hours). Our bills piled up horribly, our van died with only four payments left, and two of our cats died within a month of each other.

Since June, though, my wife has a fantastic job that draws upon her nursing expertise but isn't actually nursing. And the pay is great. We're getting our bills back in order as a result. I'm enjoying the work I'm doing (most of the time...) and my daughter is having a great time in sixth grade.

We got Saki the Wonder Kitten in July...and yesterday we adopted a foundling that had been left on a hospital parking lot and brought to our local vet's office. Her name is Rakka (from "Haibane Renmei') and she is a very shy, very cuddly little gal.

http://members.aol.com/jsmarchive2/rakka2.jpg

Writing wise--I hit a bad slump midyear, but I'm slowly coming out of it. I just don't have that much time any more to do anything, and when I do have time, I'm too tired. Actually, it's "too lazy", but "too tired" sounds better.

And I found this place. So things might just be finally looking up a bit.

JSM
Aya Mikage
Demon God(ess)

Does she look like Ifurita? She's a mage...

ICQ Messenger - 245860247 AOL Instant Messenger - ifurita214 Yahoo Instant Messenger - tenyo_aya_mikage
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2003, 03:48:43 am »

You had a very long post there, AYA-san. ^^; What happened on July 12 anyway? :-/

Congratulations for winning the regional Speech Choir in Motion. I bet it wasn't easy..

I just have a bad day on that day. That's all...

Thats the day when my fortune which was written below as my signature became a reality just exactly when I turned 16... :|

Thank you for your concern but what really happened that day is arewa no kankenai... :P
« Last Edit: December 11, 2003, 03:54:03 am by ifurita-sama » Logged

"In the future, you will fall under the control of the star of darkness."

"I see blood, anger, and sadness -- the destruction of the equilibrium of everything in this world."

"On the day when the 16th star an
ladypeorth
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2003, 08:57:31 pm »

2003 defintely.

Chobits, I my me! Strawberry eggs, Tenchi Muyo GXP, and countless others new animes.  2002 was kinda stagnate for me...I was too busy finishing collecting Excel Saga...oh wait...maybe that was this year...argh stupid year ago...how am I supposed to remember that far back?!
Ragnarok Addict
Bugrom Forces

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2003, 05:38:00 am »

;D Aya-san! I understand...

Ragnarok Addict
Bugrom Forces

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2003, 04:10:01 am »

Its a Ragnarok Year for ME!

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2004, 01:05:04 am »

Like the last 3, this year was not nearly as good as I would have liked it to been. Lots of shit went down that I'd rather not get into.

But I did discover EHOL and met some cool people. I watched some great anime, read some great books and manga, listened to some great music and played some great games. Got to hang out with my friends. I have a decent job in this shitty economy. Life could be alot worse. It could be alot better, too. *SHRUGAGE* We'll see what 2004 holds in store.

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines