Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:48:39 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  Games
| |-+  El-Hazard Online RPG (Moderators: Fujisawa4654, Spanner, Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Ch.3 - The Week After.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Print
Author Topic: Ch.3 - The Week After.  (Read 35211 times)
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #150 on: January 31, 2004, 04:49:25 pm »

Lan blinked for a moment.

"What are you doing here? And why did you follow me in?" Lan blinked back a few tears. Someone had already been killed...

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
theravenisdead
« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2004, 02:03:45 pm »

Complying with Kane, Nolan kneeled down to the whimpering young lady. She was visibly shaken.
"Hey... shhh.. It's alright lady." whispered Nolan quietly. "Yer safe now.. I think."

The young lady looked up into Nolan's eyes. It was clear that she had been crying, her eyes were red and she was shivering. She had shoulder-length black hair which complemented her outfit quite well. She wore a long black dress with a slit down one leg, and a red flower in her hair. Nolan couldnt help but admit that she was indeed very beautiful. Then again, he remembered that virtually all the females he had met in this world so far had been rather attractive as it is.

The young lady took Nolan's hand into hers and sniffled a little.
"th...thank you, m'lord." she said softly.
With a smile Nolan picked the young lady up in his arms and slowly made his way around the debris in the ramsacked room back out to the hall.

Kane looked at Nolan and smirked. Nolan gave a curious expression in response.
"What?" asked Nolan.
Kane simply shook his head and smiled "Nothing!" he replied. The young lady was blushing slightly.
Nolan sighed. It seems he was becoming the defacto savior of all damsels in distress that came along...

(end of post)
panicpaladin
« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2004, 03:08:48 pm »

(I'll find a way through your last post, Lan)

Allan saw Lana blink away her tears which were visible from where he was standing- Next to her.

"It's terrible but we're fighting for a reason, Lan... We'll get Jinnai, I promise."

Allan noticed a girl was sleeping where Miles had crashed on, she wasn't easy to see, the candle only showed half of her face and brown hair... Angry confused eyes. Allan took a few steps towards the bed but stopped at a point where the candlelight made him visible.

"I'm sorry I didn't come back to see you, Fiore."

"... Allan... Is that you?"

Allan pulled his sleeve down a bit to reveal the bracelet on his wrist.

"It's me."

"... You came back!"

Fiore got off the bed and stood near him, now her face was completely visible. Lana took some steps forward but looked as if she didn't want to see her.

"... Lana..." she spoke in a soft voice, trying to hold her hand up slowly before Allan interupted

"Ignore the guy in the suit. He's with us." said Allan

Allan turned to face Lana.

"We've got to get her to safety... Lan, do you want to? Or should I?... I'm not as great a fighter as you and Miles but if you'd rather take her..." Allan asked

------------------------------------------

I'm not quite sure on the complete going-ons but I'm assuming that by entering Fiore's Chamber, that's going to be her on the bed. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'll edit or remove this if so.
larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #153 on: February 04, 2004, 01:34:18 pm »

*OOC* Hey, It worked for me! ;D
------

Lan swallowed. "Erm...I think two of us should go. I'm not sure though. I want to deal with Jinnai myself, but..." Lan looked longingly at Fiore, "I don't know if that's a good idea. I...." Lan was confused. Her mind was swarming with so many different emotions, she didn't know what to do anymore. "You and Miles should take her. I'll go after Jinnai. I should be okay alone, but I want her to be safe. If you find Keora, get her out too. be careful..."

Lan turned and headed for the door. All she had to do was follow the silence.

"Have fun." She said, waving them goodbye. She paused in the doorway, then turned down the corrider, and ran swiftly and silently into the darkened halls.

You said that last time when the poor martyr ended up at the infirmary because the gates of heaven refused to open. -- Vallier
panicpaladin
« Reply #154 on: February 06, 2004, 06:11:21 pm »

Lana said her goodbyes and left, Allan turned back to face Fiore and Miles. Miles didn't look happy but Fiore looked confused.

"Right, we've got to get to a safe place... But first, we need to find Keora." said Allan

"You still remember where her chamber is, right?" asked Fiore

"Of course... The room opposte this side of the tower."

"You remember a lot for someone who hasn't been here in a few years."

"And I've lived here longer... This way, Fiore."

Fiore followed behind Allan never taking the lead, he opened the door a bit but then faced back, Miles was still there.

"Miles..." said Fiore softly

"Miles, aren't you coming?" asked Allan

---------------------------------------------------------

Take it from there, Fuji.
Fujisawa4654
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« Reply #155 on: February 06, 2004, 06:29:08 pm »

"Have fun... HAVE FUN!?" I shouted. That lady sure did know how to bring the bore on me.

"I'm not following. Nothing personal but I would be more helpful just driving out the bugrom. Oh and.. uhh.. On a side note, The rest of your army is dead. I didn't cause this though, Jinnai and his bugrom did." An expression of shock overcame her face at first, but sadness and worryness took it over. I wasn't suprised at that fact.

"Miles... Go kill Jinnai for me... I hate him more than anything." She said in a quiet voice.

"Will do ma'am.. I still haven't seen his face though.... Allan take her someplace safe. Keep her close, the bugrom are very sneaky. I never saw them coming."

With that I left the room and proceeded in the opposite direction of Allan and Fiore.

I proceeded once again up the spiral staircase in hopes of finding the bugrom and Jinnai. I proceeded all the way to the top. From there, the rooftop was bare. I leaned over a guard railing. The view was magnificent from here. Almost too good, but the view did not last.

At the last moment I realized there was someone behind me, I had no time to turn around and I got shoved off the edge of the roof, but I wasn't gonna plummet again. I grabbed onto the ledge with my left hand and drawed my pistol in the right hand. The thing bent over the ledge. Once he did, I put a bullet through his head, causing him to silently fall motionless onto the rail, which gave me the chance to climb up.

I was half-way done with the palace after a logn while, but still no Jinnai. Just alot of Bugrom.. And where the hell is Keora!?

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #156 on: February 07, 2004, 10:50:56 am »

Lana made her way along the corridor. He was this way. His stench drifted in the back of her mind. She kept following her senses. She knew he would be nearby...

She stopped in front of a room.

He was in here.

executor82
« Reply #157 on: February 09, 2004, 06:09:03 pm »

Kane watched Nolan carrying the yound woman out of the room and smirked.

"What?", asked Nolan with a curious look.

Kane shook his head and smiled. "Nothing!"

The young woman blushed and Nolan sighed while they walked a few steps along the corridor. Kane followed them with a slight grin. They left the corridor behind and stood in the hall again. The girl was looking down on the floor shyly while Nolan still carried her. Then she turned to Nolan with a shy look. "Erm........excuse me m'lord...."

Nolan looked at her. "What is it, lady? Something wrong?"

She looked to the side and her face flushed again. "Would....would you mind to put me down again m'lord? I think I can walk again." She definitely seemed to be embarrassed about this.

"Erm......sure!", Nolan put her down gently and she looked reliefed as her feet touched the ground again. She took a deep breath and her red face turned back to normal slowly. She tightened herself and had a look at the men in front of her. "I'm thankfull that you have gotten me out of there, I thought that I would die if I stayed there any longer! My name is Ryanne, ambassador of Alania. I have stayed at the palace since we heard about the incident with the alien aircraft that destroyed a greater area of Floristica. Our country immediately proposed all the aid we can give to help. Now the next danger is approaching Floristica! Now, like there wouldn't be enough trouble, the bugrom invaded the palace! It seems like they are looking for something or somebody! We have to do something!"

"We already know about the situation and we are about to warn the princess. We have to get to her as soon as possible!", Kane replyed.

"If you want to get to the princesses chambers you were heading into the wrong direction! It is up the other stairway!", Ryanne said and was about to dash down the stairs. "Follow me!"

Kane looked at Nolan, then followed her frowning. They ran down the stairs and crossed the hall to the other stairway. They climbed half way up when suddenly they heard some noise. They stopped immediately and watched the area, listening carefully. There was the noise again, closer this time. It seemed to come from everywhere. Kane narrowed his eyes and stared into the dark regions of the main hall. He saw some movement.

Nolan and Ryanne were looking around too, while Ryanne took a step closer to Nolan. "What is this?", Nolan asked.

The noise was still getting closer and closer and Kane noticed more movement. Now the other two noticed it as well. Ryanne hugged Nolan in fear as her eyes followed one of the shadows crawling down a wall from the ceiling. "Please, get me out of here!"

Kane prepared himself. All his senses were sharpened. Then he just said one word.

"Bugrom!"

This situation was getting serious.......
« Last Edit: February 09, 2004, 06:13:21 pm by executor82 » Logged
theravenisdead
« Reply #158 on: February 10, 2004, 09:34:32 am »

"Gah!" exclaimed Nolan as Ryanne hugged him in fear.
"Please, get me out of here!" she yelled.
"Ahrrm.. I will if ya loosen yer grip lady" Nolan said matter-of-factly. She reluctantly did, blushing slightly.

Kane quickly realized who they had encountered.
"Bugrom!"
No sooner had Kane spoken a bugrom caming charging down the hallway towards the trio.
"I guess this qualifies as 'go-time'" muttered Nolan as he got into his 'fighting stance'. Kane nodded and grinned. He seemed to be almost enjoying this turn of events.
"Please be careful, m'lord.." cautioned Ryanne as she took several steps back, a worried look on her face.
"Nolan. The name is Nolan." said Nolan with a small smile. She nodded, and quickly took some cover behind a mangled chair.

Within mere seconds the bugrom had closed in and was now engaging the two young men, while Ryanne watched helplessly...

(end of post)
executor82
« Reply #159 on: February 10, 2004, 05:05:16 pm »

Kane watched the Bugrom approaching and just stood there with a grim smile. As long as they wouldn't attack them in a group, Kane and Nolan would manage to fight the bugrom, but Kane was aware of the other four Bugrom waiting above them in the dark. There was no way fighting all of them at once with his wounded arm. He tried to overact his qualms with a confident smile and prepared himself for the Bugrom's attack.

"At my signal better dodge the first attack.", Kane said to Nolan calmly. Nolan nodded. The Bugrom jumped towards the men and tried to hit them with his claws. "NOW!", Kane yelled and both men jumped to the side, the Bugrom missed them both for just a few inches. Kane twisted around and launched a heatdragon at the huge insect-creature. It hit the enemy hard and the blast threw him far away, but it seemed that there wasn't too much damage caused by it. The Bugrom jumped to his feet again and dashed towards Kane and Nolan again. Kane leaped to his feet as well and ran towards the opponent, jumped and kicked the Bugrom right in the head. The giant bug fell backwards and was knocked out for a few seconds. Kane used the oppotunity, jumped up and launched a volley of heatdragons at him. Every blast hit the target and rammed it deeper into the stairway so that there was a big hole left after Kane stopped firing. One down, four to go!

Suddenly another Bugrom grabbed Kane in midair and crushed down with him on the ground. Kane gasped hard and felt a stabbing pain in his wounded arm. He struggled to get up again and got to his knees again, lifting the heavy bug on his back. Adrenaline was rushing through his veins and helped him to ignore the pain. "AAAARRRRRRH!....This is just like my exercise at the bugrom realms......piece.....of.....cake!", he gasped.

One more Bugrom landed on the stairway facing Nolan......
« Last Edit: February 10, 2004, 05:15:29 pm by executor82 » Logged
Fujisawa4654
Forum Moderator
Demon God(ess)

Commander of the UETF, Maj. Gen. Fujisawa!

AOL Instant Messenger - Fujisawa4654
View Profile Email
« Reply #160 on: February 11, 2004, 10:51:15 am »

I've been through these floors before... I recognise the corpses...

"Ya know, why the HELL do they have to build something so big!?" I thought in my mind. This place was getting very boring. It was time consuming to check out the whole place.

I heard pattering of rock-solid feet that sounded like someone very strong running in small cement shoes.. It wasn't human whatever it was. I ducked behind a wall and let it pass. Waiting there for a little while longer I heard many more come.. More Bugrom.. Where could they be headed?

I stepped out into the corridor that I heard the pattering from. The sound they were coming from indicated they went downstairs...

I heard a grunt from behind me. I knew the sound, what it was from, but I did not believe it was there. Event though, I turned around, and there it stood. I was defenseless, I wasn't ready to draw out my weapon. In a split second, it yelled and stabbed his weapon, a spear, into the joint of my shoulder. I could feel it grinding against the bone... I drew out my sidearm and shot him in the head, making him silently fall over. All of this happened in one second. After that I finally screamed by the pain, but quickly regained myself. I pulled out the spear, which eased the pain, but life was slipping away from me.. The red giver gushed from me... The only thing I could think of at this point was "I would rather be knocked over the head." and I fell over.. Unconsious (NOT DEAD)

Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #161 on: February 11, 2004, 06:06:20 pm »

((  ^^;First off a apolgy all I shoudl of really kept up with the posting more on here, due to some life stuff and trying to save another RPG I got distracted but I am back now and ready to repost with this to get back into the story once again  ^_^V))

IC:

The sounds of the Bugrom and fighting going on within the palacegrounds were more than enough to wake up anyone there with warning.  Though the alarm and shouting of "BUGROM!" Did also help add to this.  The noise causeing Hitomi to return from her dreams of her peaceful pasted back in Rostaria, with a shattering image as if  brought on by the screams a Bugrom.

Waking with  start it took Hitomi a few sceonds to remember where she was, atfirst she was half expecting to see the familiar sight of her room, where ever that maybe now with her memory as it is.  At first she wondered what all the noise was out there, reaching for the clothes she had left on the floor designing herself quickly she slowly went sleeply towards the door of the room assigned to her.

Opening it at first expecting to find a quiet dark hall Hitomi was greeted with peopel running screaming out about a Bugrom attack on the place ground.  This did wake up Hitomi quite well, she did not have found memories of the Bugrom at all, all of them would bring pain into someones like or hurt someone.

She didn't have long to dewell on this as a Bugrom came through the roof several feet infront of her knocking down servel peopel with it's arms and the rubble.  It screamed out heading stright for her, a big mistake on it's part in Hitomi's mind that was as she ran stright for the purple bug, jumping lightly she kicked the bug in it's armoured face forcing it to the ground.  Was times like this she was glad to be the daughter of a demon god.  

Stamping on the bugs head once she looked around hearing more shouts and sounds of a battle from infront, Hitomi left the bug to that direction of the sound wanting to know why they were attacking.  'Not a good idea to wake me up you stupid bugs I am not in a good mood if I get woken up like this!  Piss me off and you will get hurt!'  Hitomi thought as she ran down the corrior.

A yellow type fist appear from out of now where hitting Hitomi on the cheek sending her crashing to the floor.  The fist in question that of a large orange type Bugrom standing in a door way where it was clear a couple of people mostly likely male from the sounds were holding off a bugrom attack as best they could.

Opening her eyes after a few moments Hitomi rubbed her cheek that would probbly develop a very noticable brush she narrowed her eyes jumping upto hit the Bugrom in the stmouch with a punch.  Though it did more damage to her than it did to it, the bug just laughing as she pulled back her hand rubbing it some "Oh very funny bug boy" she said looking up and it's face with a grin "I still have some tricks up my selvee myself........." Again she was hit the side of her head this time and gotten the impact.  the force nearly knocked her off her feet, steadying herself she growled looking back at the bug.  Moving her hand away from the patch on her head it hit Hitomi's hand was covered with a small amount of blood from the hard impact.

Looking at her hand she then looked back at the bug, she was angry very infact, from getting hit like her head was slightly spinning from it shaking her head and shutting her eyes she then opened them.  Her eyes with thier blue where now completely blue like she had no iris to speck of.  Darting forward towards the Bug she held her hand out a small blue orb appearing just infront of her plam  the bug had no idea what this was.

Hitomi's head looked up at the bugs as she moved the orb against it's stomuch "Target......locked"  Her voice sounds much colder than it once was more like her mother back when she was a contorlable demon.  The bug only had seconds to think but they were not enough the orb shot forward through it in a small line, like a blast sending the Bugrom back into the room breaking some of the door way.  The bug itself landing beteen Kane and Nolan as they fought the Bugs in the room off themself, the crash causeing smoke to fill the room slightly before clearing.

All in the room where paused at this moment even the bug.  Laying between  Nolan and Kane was a large bugrom it's stomuch very badly burt with no signs of it moving.  The faint sound of static heard as Hitomi moved through the door way, the two noticing who it was instantly of course though seeing stattic coming off of her aswell as her eyes was a consirn.

Hitomi gasped falling to one knee blasts like that take a tole on her human side it took alot of engery from her, her body had stored for a reason she did not know.   Looking up her eyes where normal again, the bugs started thier attack again on the humans within the room.

One ran for Hitomi now she tried to stand but fell back to her kneeling postion again looking up she braced herself for whatever the bug would do to her............
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 06:08:44 pm by tsukasa » Logged

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

larewen_evenstar
Demon God(ess)

What it says.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #162 on: February 12, 2004, 12:46:56 pm »

Lan walked towards the chair, aware of the bugrom watching her.

"Don't even think about touching me." She smiled, devilishly. "Don't even think about touching me."

Wayne
Demon God(ess)

Reverend Strawman

AOL Instant Messenger - holyknightwayne
View Profile Email
« Reply #163 on: February 15, 2004, 01:26:06 am »

More... stuff. Yeah. Good to see a few people starting to come back again. :) Introducing Sena, since so far I think there's exactly one other female Phantom Tribe NPC. *chuckles*

---

Senali carefully watched the human girl in her mid-teens follow the remaining Bugrom and their leader into a guest room at the end of the royal hallway. She frowned and self-assuringly patted the handle of her dagger in her belt, quickly studying the situation. She knew that humans-- even aggressive, self-confident ones, like this girl seemed to be-- were not usually competent fighters; and even a lower-class Bugrom was dangerous by sheer virtue of its size and power. But she knew she knew that... and was advancing anyway.

As a Huntress, Sena had no real love for humans; but she had a sense of honor higher than that of most of her race. She steeled herself and then silently swung down to the floor from her perch above the mantle of the door, drawing both her knives as she reached the ground. The pale-skinned human that was watching this girl with a sort of practiced distaste couldn't see all of his followers in the wan moonlight that alone illuminated the room, and she knew that so far from the Hive any link the Bugrom might've had with each other would be ineffective.

And of course none could see her. Senali was adept in her powers, being older than the typical headstrong Phantom Tribe warrior; and was known for making very few mistakes-- although that didn't mean as much in a caste where major mistakes were often fatal.

She stealthily crept behind one Bugrom guarding the door-- a purple-colored giant towering nearly two feet above her-- and in one rapid motion jumped up to catch her feet on the wall beside it, and spun upward, driving both daggers into the vulnerable exoskeletal joints around the creature's neck. It collapsed with only the quietest click of chitin striking the floor.

The Bugrom on the other side of the door quickly glanced over, seeing his comrade on the ground-- but the way he was keeled over and, with no blood visible through Sena's second illusion, misunderstood. The red-plated insect dutifully scuttled over to check on him-- and also fell without a sound. Senali knew that the legs of a Bugrom were its easiest point of attack-- they were essentially unarmored cords of muscle, as they had to be to be so thin and yet support their titanic upper bodies-- and had sliced through both with her razor-sharp daggers. As it fell forward she impaled it in the neck, and, still invisible, sheathed both blades and dragged the two Bugrom, with to her painful slowness from their weight; out of the room and into the hall.

She had thought of helping the girl further, but decided against it; knowing that she needed to report back in and having already learned what she came to investigate-- the Palace was in danger, its staff heavily depleted, but the Royal Family was out of direct danger through the timely intervention of, to her; random do-gooders.

Sena moved with haste back through the Great Hall and out the window of a lower tower, and began crossing the rooftops back toward the Floristican Enclave. She began to relax; the mild breeze through her hair and loose green vest was soothing, and she had always enjoyed the quiet hours of the morning.

Good luck to you, human girl... I hope you survive... I admire your courage. We're not so different, I think... doing what we must, no matter how difficult... because that's the path we've ended up walking. ...even for one trained to fight and kill. May God protect you and your friends.

Her rapid series of rooftop jumps came to an abrupt halt and she landed easily on the ground in front of the safehouse she had, for months now, finally accepted as "home." She took a minute to catch her breath, noticing, somewhat surprised, that there was still some light in the front room; meaning that either Kai or Mato were still awake, for some reason. She went for the door, stopped, and grinned; and opened the window and jumped through it instead.

There was a pause, of course. And then almost on cue a shout of "D---it, Sena, don't you ever bloody knock?!" from Kai, and a frantic shuffling (and hiding) of papers.

Just like home, she thought, and grinned again.

---

Xan was still furious, but he couldn't deny that he felt much better-- and although it went against his principles he grudgingly accepted that he did owe the scientists for the use of their no-doubt expensive regenerative apparatus.

His hands were still clenched into fists. Why didn't they just ask? Assassins like me are used to making deals and negotiations. And they actually enjoy it, as well, as long as the other party doesn't make the mistake of trying to cheat....

"Die... a glorious death. Fight on and fly on, to the last drop of blood and fuel... to the last beat of the heart and the last kick of the motor... a death for a knight, a toast for his fellows, friend and foe."

-Manfred von Rich
panicpaladin
« Reply #164 on: February 15, 2004, 09:06:12 am »

(I've been away for a while, I know, I'll try to catch up)

Allan shrugged, as much as it would be great to have Miles along, he didn't seem to want to come but there wasn't any time to waste either way. He had to get Keora and get out.

"Right, it's just us then... Come on, Fiore."

Allan pushed the door open a little but there were noises coming from the ceiling. Fiore jumped a bit and immediatly looked up. Allan turned to see it aswell, his hand still on the door.

"What is that...?" she shouted

Allan kept silent, eyebrow raised, then he noticed that something was trying to break open the ceiling. Allan went in front of Fiore and forced her back, drawing his sword out... The noises were still being made.

"Allan, we should leave! Whatever it is, we shouldn't stay here to see it!"

A bugrom broke into the room from the top, making a loud sound as it fell. It was purple enough to remain unseen but the eyes and yellow parts showed it clearly. Step by step, it walked forward.

"Grrr! Leave us!" shouted Allan as he charged with the sword and stabbed the creature... It was still standing.

"KRIIIII!" it screeched as it smacked Allan to the ground, dropping the sword.

"Allan!" shouted Fiore

"Run! We can't hurt it!"

Allan got up, grabbed his sword and grabbed Fiore by the hand. He tugged her out of the room and began running. The bugrom broke the door as it persued them.

"What about Keora, Allan?!"

"As soon as we lose this freak, we'll go after her..."

Allan grabbed a rock near a smashed wall during the fighting and threw it down the hallway. The bugrom looked confused and began chasing in the direction of the noise.

"Haha. Idiot. Still falls for that one?" said Allan quietly

"Allan..."

"Oh right, come on, let's go"

Allan grabbed Fiore by the hand again and began running to Keora's room, trying to make as little noise with their footsteps as possible. After crossing to the other side and a few halls, they reached Keora's chamber. Allan pushed it open to find an empty room. There was nothing inside apart from a few beds.

"... Don't tell me she ran somewhere el-..."

"KRRIIII!!"

The Bugrom smashed the door to the room again and was inside, this room wasn't as dark as the other, the moonlight shined inside clearly. It began taking steps towards the two.

------------------------------------------

I think that's far enough, I'll continue when there's been more time added into the story. :p
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines