Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:36:56 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  el-hazard the rpg
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: el-hazard the rpg  (Read 4173 times)
Maglash
Londs' Screen Time

I love El-Hazard!

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2003, 09:46:46 pm »

been some talk about contribution and one thing i havent seen mention about the site is the el-hazard rpg/resource book put out by guardians of order.

so i though i might do a quick review of it for anyone who is interested.

it focus on the ova series rather then the ez-hazard, in the past guardians tended to doing a book on both ovas and tv series where they good but unlikley they will do this with elhazard at this point.

the system itself is based on the BESM ( big eyes small mouth ) an anime style game system made by guardians that is very easy to use and learn.

the book itself is 190 pages and has a good summary of each of the episodes.

in addisition for providing stats for each of the man characters it also goes into some depth about their nature and motivations.

the writer does point out some interesting points about certain characters or the series in general but some of it is speculation rather then base on prexisting info.

this is a worthly while book to get imao it is extremely nicely layed out, it uses a lot of screen shots of the show but the are kept to a reasonable size and add to the character of the book rather then overpowering it.

it covers most all aspects of the show and the world it is set in with atleast 40 page set advised to talk about locations culture and the technology of the world of el-hazard.

and finally for the discriminating fans there is a game in the back of the book, what game ?

why jinnai's el-hazard conquest game  ;D

of the players one get to be jinnai, what are the rules on how to play and win, well to start there are only two rules.

who ever is playing jinnai makes up the rules as they go and the rest have to grin and bare it  ;D

hope folks have enjoyed this
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2003, 09:04:05 pm »

A friend of mine in FL is a big tabletop RPGer. He picked up that book at GenCon. He said Ifurita has some really high level. I should get him to scan some of it.  ^^;

The problem I have with Guardians of Order is, in the Tenchi Muyo books alot of it is specualtion as well. But people take it as the law and like to argue about it. It's just specualtion, not facts. ^^;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2003, 09:40:58 pm »

Uhm...

About that book...

Guys, we HAVE the book, we just never got around to putting it up.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2003, 09:41:25 pm by thegameguy » Logged

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2003, 09:45:37 pm »

To be more clear, we have the book, but only did light scanning from it since, y'know, it's still in print.  But I could never think of where to put it, plus I don't get much out of manual RPGs like that.  (Keep track of the numbers on paper?  Aw man...)

I dunno.  It's got some really good articles about El-Hazard itself, at least from a fanfic author-esque point of view.  

Cover

Series character infos
Character stats and skills
Wanna know about the Royal Bedchambers or the Royal Lavatory?

Anyway, Maglash... lessee.  Your review seems a little ... lacking.  Try to take every paragraph you made there and elaborate on your points a little more.  You're off to a good start... although you do realize a final draft would actually have to include capitalization.  :P
« Last Edit: November 07, 2003, 10:42:11 pm by saucer » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2003, 10:40:38 pm »

I'm getting a 404 on that cover scan boss.  ^^;

EDIT: N/M, I fixed it (Oh, I edited Rob's post! ::spontaneously combusts:: ).
« Last Edit: November 07, 2003, 10:43:31 pm by saucer » Logged

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2003, 09:51:07 pm »

dam I knew I should of picked up that book at AyaCon (Uk anime Con) lol I did get a EL-Hazard Wallscroll though and the Wanders box set

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines