Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:12:00 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  El Hazard OVA 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: El Hazard OVA 3  (Read 10247 times)
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2003, 02:18:42 am »

Beware the Marios of Death

I'm more worried about that very distorted smiley face in the background... I think it's ploting evil...

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2003, 04:36:15 pm »

AIC still has the rights? If I remember correctly, didn't that go to someone else? or was that Tenchi?

Anyhow, a 10 Year special would be nice. That I, too, can agree on, if they actually get it right this time. I don't like OVA2 and TV2 much, both due the lack of, say, the phantom tribe, true Ifurita...

Especially the phantom tribe could be used to do so interesting things, after all. Its a shame that never came to be. They just forgot this group. =/ Although they had such terrible potential. Plots could be done with them easily, they apparently are smart and plan in really really long terms, which can be used really well for a plot...Jinnai's bugrom are beaten anyway, after all. Which was a problem in TV2 and Alt - Jinnai was there, but he had absolutely no point. Which is a real shame. An idea I once had was the phantom tribe attempting to help restore the bugrom empire behind the scenes(not openly of course). There were so many possibilities...giving them access to a demon god, or demons(well considering demon GODS seem to be extremely powerful, its to rationalize that there could be demons, who are much weaker). That'd be their interest, it'd give Jinnai some menace(which he definitely needs).

And it could also bring Ifurina in again. Just like they did in the radio drama. =/

On a side note: Sanks for the welcome, some people probably know me anyway, tho, was a member from some email list and forgot to join here, he he, still being a ditzy Iffy fan XD

Is the avatar too big? If so, I'll bug some people to resize it properly^^
I guess I'll do that, yupyup ^_^

^^ I think it might be like Tenchi Pioneer and AIC jointly hold the rights for it until a certain time pass's in Tenchi's case 10 years before it fully becomes AIC's fully 100% thats why the company VAP are spnsoring Tenchi OVA 3 now.  I imagine it should be the same with EL-Hazard

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2003, 11:34:10 am »

Apologies for veering off-topic, but I do adore Guu...

Speaking of, I just finished the TV series. And although I absolutely loved it, I was kinda miffed that they just ended it so abruptly with so many loose ends. Does the OVA finish things up? And where can I find the OVA anyway?

The 'Deluxe' OVA certainly continues the series and ties up some loose ends (particularly regarding Weda and Clive) but it's not a conclusion. There's another OVA being released starting in December, called Guu Final, so I assume we might have a genuinine conclusion. But to be honest, Guu never had that much plot and I'm not sure what there is to conclude. There's always the question of exactly what Guu is, but the more I watched the series, the less I wanted to find out. She's just some crazy force of nature with unlimited powers, and I think an explanation would just spoil the fun.

More than one person has hinted at the possibility of romance between Hale and Guu. Personally I think this is a ridiculous suggestion, although it would be damn funny ^_^

I'm afraid I can't advise you on where to get the OVAs- I'm reliant on others for my downloads due to having no internet connection of my own. They'll probably resurface on BitTorrent when the new OVAs start getting subbed. The OVA series does come highly recommended though... it's even funnier than the TV series, the stories are weirder, and there's even a Digi Charat crossover ^_^

Oh, and Alexei... It's true that I'm a yuri fan first and foremost. But a little yaoi never hurt anyone... permanently ^_~

dooky

(sorry, I'll stop scaring Alexei now)

tvifurita
Dimension Traveler

Waaaa~~~aah! What is this..???? ~Help...

AOL Instant Messenger - TVIfurita
View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2003, 02:23:48 pm »

It does hurt me. Believe me, a guy touching me is horrible. Heck, my own hand on my other hand is already nasty and painful XD So yesh, it would hurt me. Permanently. I'd probably desintegrate on the spot. Yes, I tried. My hand is slowly regrowing as I speak, and I did not like that ^_^'

*is scared by you now. Definitely very scared*

I'd not mind if it was Shoujo Ai though. That I like, if its IC(ie NOT certain Azumanga fanfiction on said page, one started so great but halfway Sakaki suddenly had the guts of saying stuff like Tomo did -.-' fanficwriters: Sakaki is not Tomo-chan. No, she really is not), like Yami to Bouchi to Hon no Tababite. Wee <3 (yeah, if you'd cut the stupid fanservice, it'd be perfect. its about the EH fanservice, so not THAT much)

Too bad we have the wrong genders for that ^_~

*stops scaring everyone else away now*

Bwahahaha. Fear my evil. *gives everyone expensive beautiful flowers* MY EVIL IS PERFECT! I STUDIED LONG AND HARD WITH LORD JINNAI'S TEACHINGS AS MY ONLY GUIDANCE!

AAAANYHOW, as for the actual topic(OT only posts are an abomination of nature and vile evil! Yes!)

Yes, let us not forget Jinnai. Yes, thats a comment on OVA3, and also an answer to a posting above. So its PERFECTLY on topic indeed.

Evil is about being nice!

Cleaning Cleaning! Fix Fix! Cleaning Cleaning!
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars &amp; Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2003, 09:10:20 pm »

Apologies for veering off-topic, but I do adore Guu...

The 'Deluxe' OVA certainly continues the series and ties up some loose ends (particularly regarding Weda and Clive) but it's not a conclusion. There's another OVA being released starting in December, called Guu Final, so I assume we might have a genuinine conclusion. But to be honest, Guu never had that much plot and I'm not sure what there is to conclude. There's always the question of exactly what Guu is, but the more I watched the series, the less I wanted to find out. She's just some crazy force of nature with unlimited powers, and I think an explanation would just spoil the fun.

More than one person has hinted at the possibility of romance between Hale and Guu. Personally I think this is a ridiculous suggestion, although it would be damn funny ^_^

I'm afraid I can't advise you on where to get the OVAs- I'm reliant on others for my downloads due to having no internet connection of my own. They'll probably resurface on BitTorrent when the new OVAs start getting subbed. The OVA series does come highly recommended though... it's even funnier than the TV series, the stories are weirder, and there's even a Digi Charat crossover ^_^

I'm pretty curious to know what Guu is, where she comes from, why she changes into adult form sometimes? And does she maybe have something to do with Hale's grandfather? She seems to have a love/hate relationship with him. Yet, at the same time, it's almost like she's trying to buil character in him. Then again, now that you mention it, maybe it's better not to know?  ^^;

I'm hoping someone will reseed Deluxe at some point. After all, they reseeded the TV series, but that was awhile back. You're probably right, hopefully they'll reseed it when someone starts subbing Final.

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2003, 06:39:04 am »

Continuation of the El-Hazard franchise is a-okay in my book. If they can bring Dr. Who back after a fifteen-year hiatus, then El-Hazard can come back as well! It just needs the right storyline and a reworking of the main characters.

How about this: the great and powerful Lord God Emperor Jinnai finally attains his destiny as the sole ruler of the entire Multiverse, as well as getting the sheer, infinate pleasure of brutally murdering that simpering, cross-dressing swine Makoto Mizuhara.

Oh, that can be every episode! He'll be like Kenny on South Park, and get horribly killed before the closing credits roll. Think of it! On the first ep, dumb ol' Makoto can fall off a cliff while putting on his namby-pamby dresses. On episode two, he gets set on fire after making one of his goofy inventions. On episode three, he has his belly ripped open by a rabid dolphin bear. On episode four, his face melts! For no reason!

Ha ha... this is a great idea! And we won't have to burden the writers on trying to figure out numerous and creative ways at offing Mizuhara. I got a whole trunk full of ideas back at the hive! Wait till you guys read it, I swear you'll love 'em! There's this one where Makoto gets connected to a wheat thresher by his toes, while his face is painted bright yellow. Then there's this switch that activates a cattle prod...

::gets hauled off by the men in white coats::

I Care Deep
tvifurita
Dimension Traveler

Waaaa~~~aah! What is this..???? ~Help...

AOL Instant Messenger - TVIfurita
View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2003, 07:37:27 am »

You mean how you were going on vacation with him? That sounds so much like your evil plots ^_^

You could go visit these amusement parks and go roller coaster and stuff. It'd be so sweet!

Another great idea would be to just let it go easy and go to a park with your sister and him that'd be so much fun and everyone would be happy. So evil.

Sounds good, right? ^^ Just what do you mean with "horribly killing" though? You're not thinking of *blush* hugging?

Evil is about being nice!

Cleaning Cleaning! Fix Fix! Cleaning Cleaning!
theravenisdead
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2003, 08:34:42 am »

Oy  ^^;. LGJ's gone off his kilter again  -_-
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2003, 02:39:25 pm »

Heh, a remake would be interesting. As long as it wasn't as horribly botched as Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040. O_O;

I was also thinking that a prequel would be interesting as well. Sort of like Macross Zero (prequels seem to be the going trend in anime these days). Something that covered at least part of the ancient holy wars. Including the origin of Ifurita. Yes, more Ifurita is always a good thing.

js_morris
Demon God(ess)

Defender of Fair Play

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2003, 05:26:59 pm »

Hmmm.

If'n it were me doing the writing for a third OAV, the first thing I would do is set it a few years ahead and have Ifurita present. I always thought Alternative World was such a cheat, having her in the opening credits but she shows up for maybe, what five seconds in the series?

Getting past the "quest for Ifurita" would resolve several situations--Makoto's made his choice (shades of Tenchi...), Nanami, Shayla and Qawoor will have to accept that and move on, and so on. Of course, you'd have to have a new quest to replace it with.

El-Hazard is a big world, yet we've seen only a fraction of it. I'd like a "road" story of sorts; Fujisawa, much as he probably loves fatherhood, is itchy to do something manly and physically demanding. Nanami might still be trying to figure out what her place in things is, seeing as Makoto is pretty much out of the picture. I think the change in group dynamics regarding the three priestesses might be a bit intense; Afura's borderline arrogance against Shayla's temper and take-charge attitude would certainly cause sparks to fly, and with Qawoor being such a wuss mouse, the third part of the equation isn't there to balance things.

How about this--Rune's received an invitation from another prince to meet and possibly develop a matrimony-based alliance. This would serve as a good wake-up call for Fatora, that it's time to shape up and grow up because Big Sister might not always be around to handle everything. Along the way Rune and her entourage vanish, and it's up to Team Makoto to find her.

And along the way you put Jinnai in there as a reluctant ally against whatever menace there might be...you might have something worthy of a six-episode OAV.

Just my thoughts.

JSM
mark_engels
Demon God(ess)

Let's think about this for thirty seconds...

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2003, 06:32:48 pm »

Hmmm.

If'n it were me doing the writing for a third OAV, the first thing I would do is set it a few years ahead and have Ifurita present. I always thought Alternative World was such a cheat, having her in the opening credits but she shows up for maybe, what five seconds in the series?

Getting past the "quest for Ifurita" would resolve several situations--Makoto's made his choice (shades of Tenchi...), Nanami, Shayla and Qawoor will have to accept that and move on, and so on. Of course, you'd have to have a new quest to replace it with.

El-Hazard is a big world, yet we've seen only a fraction of it. I'd like a "road" story of sorts; Fujisawa, much as he probably loves fatherhood, is itchy to do something manly and physically demanding. Nanami might still be trying to figure out what her place in things is, seeing as Makoto is pretty much out of the picture. I think the change in group dynamics regarding the three priestesses might be a bit intense; Afura's borderline arrogance against Shayla's temper and take-charge attitude would certainly cause sparks to fly, and with Qawoor being such a wuss mouse, the third part of the equation isn't there to balance things.

Jeff...

Please see my own thoughts on this matter in Reply #29.  I do believe you'll enjoy reading some works from the link there, as they suit many of these same ideas to a T.

--me

Mark Engels
Signal Technician
Local 14  Brotherhood of Railroad Signalmen
CN Rail
Valparaiso, Indiana  USA
Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2003, 07:41:51 pm »

Heh, a remake would be interesting. As long as it wasn't as horribly botched as Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040. O_O;

Hey 2040 was great  ^_^V Much better than the old BGC with all the chracters much better to.  Plus it was drawn in the style of EL-Hazard as the character designer loved the style of it

I was also thinking that a prequel would be interesting as well. Sort of like Macross Zero (prequels seem to be the going trend in anime these days). Something that covered at least part of the ancient holy wars. Including the origin of Ifurita. Yes, more Ifurita is always a good thing.

That would be great yeah.  I'd like to have a OVA "Tale of the Priestess's" showing Shayla and Afura how they grew up and what they had to do in priestess training (Aww cute lil Shayla sure was funny back then ^_^ in the wanderers and as most Shayla fans now she grew up into the great beautiful firey Priestess  ^_^V)

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

Andrusi
Bugrom Forces

Powerlink!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2003, 07:10:52 pm »

Well, yeah, if you just want to make it "The Wanderers 2: Adventurous Romps in El-Hazard".  Hell, that's what my current very-work-in-progress sort of is.  :P  A game starring Fujisawa actually using common base Wanderers elements... Tim wants a demo by Christmas, so we'll see.  I've been working on a platform game runtime enviornment for the GBA, which has been a hell of a lot of work, but generally successful.  This could be run easily through an emulator on any platform a GBA emulator exists (Windows, MacOS, etc.  The best part I say.   No porting work for me.     ^_^V )  Although I'll probably make a Windows runtime for the same datafiles just for immediate and probably better-sounding music and stuff on Windows.  (... only since I don't own a good enough Mac to work on porting it.)

Beware the Marios of Death

Obviously its only running test material right now, but it's good test material nonetheless.

So THAT'S what that was.  You have no idea how baffled I was by the screenshot you posted at random at the MC.

ANDRUSI

Sanity not included.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2003, 11:58:29 pm »

Hey 2040 was great  ^_^V Much better than the old BGC with all the chracters much better to.  Plus it was drawn in the style of EL-Hazard as the character designer loved the style of it

Aside from turning Sylia into an Ifurita clone, I was really disaapointed wih that series. (and people say Bubblegum Crash is bad) What can I say, I'm old school. ^_^;;;

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines