Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:08:49 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  El Hazard OVA 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: El Hazard OVA 3  (Read 10774 times)
theravenisdead
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2003, 12:29:11 pm »

I agree with Mark, It'd be great if the 3rd OAV had a story similar to EH: Earth. I'm partial to a continuity involving Earth to a greater extent than EH did on its own.

Though I admit I like the concept of a spin-off with the priestesses  ;D Woot!  ^_^V
« Last Edit: November 09, 2003, 12:30:05 pm by theravenisdead » Logged
dragonprincess
Background Character

Bugrom are sooooo cute!!!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2003, 06:02:54 pm »

ty all for welcoming me ^_^

I'd love to see a continuation of the OAV when they're on earth, maybe with Jinnai and Diva and the Bugrom on earth too! ^.^ or maybe a continuation of The Wanderers
Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2003, 09:48:29 pm »

Would be nice if AIC would finish off EL-Hazard with another GOOD OVA.  Maybe when it's 10 years old like Tenchi got before they made a sequel?

If they do one please oh AIC lord let Shayla GET OVER MAKOTO for good thats one of the small things I ask

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2003, 11:06:05 pm »

or maybe a continuation of The Wanderers

I dunno.  See, The Wanderers never really made you want more.  It kind of runs its course and resolves nicely, y'know?  Makoto gets there, Makoto's destiny is fulfilled, he's blasted away, and comes back to Rune.  Everyone realizes how important Makoto is to all of them and everything is set back into order.  Any continuation of the Wanderers is bound to be rather akward no matter what.  :P  El-Hazard "standard" is the one that got hit with premature death in its line (even if the OAV is supposed to "really" be the full, all-out story... but it does leave a large gap available for easy filling.)

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
tvifurita
Dimension Traveler

Waaaa~~~aah! What is this..???? ~Help...

AOL Instant Messenger - TVIfurita
View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2003, 02:15:02 am »

I'd agree on the OVA thing. Honestly, its really pathetic that they even tried to further the Tenchi syndrome in Alternative world(I so hate that show XD). Shayla should get over Makoto just as everyone else should.
Save Ifurita of course. That is, the OVA one.

Grrrr. ^_^
*is not fond of romantic n-angles*

As for the Wanderers, I'd disagree with the admin =P
Its pretty much the same with the OVA, save the large gap. Nevertheless they could do quite some stuff. Say, introduce elements from the game. =) There is a lot they could do. =) And besides, continue, like, having the TV Ifurita go on random insanity. Or center a series around her. I've always supported that >=3

Thats what the anime sequels are usually about, just take Fumoffu =D
~Alexei

Evil is about being nice!

Cleaning Cleaning! Fix Fix! Cleaning Cleaning!
Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2003, 02:38:35 am »

Hello tvifurita! Welcome to EHOL!

This pointless post was brought to you by:

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
theravenisdead
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2003, 03:02:05 am »

Alexei's here!  ;D Where ya been? hehe jk

N' I agree with Tsukasa, maybe AIC will revive the OAVs like they did to Tenchi. Took nearly a full decade, but they DID finally continue it. I keep my faith that they'll do the same to EH.  ^_^V

« Last Edit: November 12, 2003, 03:03:14 am by theravenisdead » Logged
tvifurita
Dimension Traveler

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2003, 04:57:11 am »

AIC still has the rights? If I remember correctly, didn't that go to someone else? or was that Tenchi?

Anyhow, a 10 Year special would be nice. That I, too, can agree on, if they actually get it right this time. I don't like OVA2 and TV2 much, both due the lack of, say, the phantom tribe, true Ifurita...

Especially the phantom tribe could be used to do so interesting things, after all. Its a shame that never came to be. They just forgot this group. =/ Although they had such terrible potential. Plots could be done with them easily, they apparently are smart and plan in really really long terms, which can be used really well for a plot...Jinnai's bugrom are beaten anyway, after all. Which was a problem in TV2 and Alt - Jinnai was there, but he had absolutely no point. Which is a real shame. An idea I once had was the phantom tribe attempting to help restore the bugrom empire behind the scenes(not openly of course). There were so many possibilities...giving them access to a demon god, or demons(well considering demon GODS seem to be extremely powerful, its to rationalize that there could be demons, who are much weaker). That'd be their interest, it'd give Jinnai some menace(which he definitely needs).

And it could also bring Ifurina in again. Just like they did in the radio drama. =/

On a side note: Sanks for the welcome, some people probably know me anyway, tho, was a member from some email list and forgot to join here, he he, still being a ditzy Iffy fan XD

Is the avatar too big? If so, I'll bug some people to resize it properly^^
I guess I'll do that, yupyup ^_^

Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2003, 08:47:15 am »

Alexei! It's so good to see you here at last! My tears... They are flowing like waterfalls! :bawl

Ah, the Holy Grail of OAV3... There are so may ways they could do it right, and so many ways they could do it terribly, terribly wrong...

I agree, a reappearance by the Phantom Tribe would be a good thing. I'd also appreciate it if they could end such an OAV with Makoto finally going to Earth and saving Ifurita - then, I would finally feel that the circuit is complete. While I understand why many would like to see an OAV taking place after Ifurita's rescue, this is my personal desire.

The 1337 poster
dooky
Demon God(ess)

The Genius is Loose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2003, 09:22:00 am »

Alexei-chan! (Glomps Alexei in an inappropraitely yaoi outburst) It's been so long... how I miss our debates about robotic maids and the Eurovision song contest ^_^ Wow, so many of the old crew from the EHML are showing up here...

What's the topic? Ah... continuations. It could happen- it's certainly not unlike AIC to resurrect an apparently long dead franchise. The main problem as far as I can see is that El-Hazard would be so bloody difficult to conclude properly. Th cast is enormous (and any new series would doubtless add more characters), and I don't think that an OAV would be sufficiently long to tie up all the loose ends, tell a decent story and do all the characters justice. We'd be looking at something approaching a TV series in length. If you take a look at most of the fanfics that conclude El-Hazard (even the unfinished ones), they're not short.

So while I'd be delighted to see more El-Hazard (and I would in any form, just as Sailor Moon fans are delighted with the new live action series despite freely admitting that it's rubbish), I've come to accept the fact that, more likely than not, there won't be any more. El-Hazard will always be my first love, but I've long since learned to live without it. Now, I've no idea how I'm going to cope when Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu finishes next year...

Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2003, 09:53:08 am »

As for the Wanderers, I'd disagree with the admin =P
Its pretty much the same with the OVA, save the large gap. Nevertheless they could do quite some stuff. Say, introduce elements from the game. =) There is a lot they could do. =) And besides, continue, like, having the TV Ifurita go on random insanity. Or center a series around her. I've always supported that >=3

Well, yeah, if you just want to make it "The Wanderers 2: Adventurous Romps in El-Hazard".  Hell, that's what my current very-work-in-progress sort of is.  :P  A game starring Fujisawa actually using common base Wanderers elements... Tim wants a demo by Christmas, so we'll see.  I've been working on a platform game runtime enviornment for the GBA, which has been a hell of a lot of work, but generally successful.  This could be run easily through an emulator on any platform a GBA emulator exists (Windows, MacOS, etc.  The best part I say.   No porting work for me.     ^_^V )  Although I'll probably make a Windows runtime for the same datafiles just for immediate and probably better-sounding music and stuff on Windows.  (... only since I don't own a good enough Mac to work on porting it.)

Beware the Marios of Death

Obviously its only running test material right now, but it's good test material nonetheless.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2003, 09:54:36 am by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
tvifurita
Dimension Traveler

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2003, 11:37:27 am »

Well, yeah, if you just want to make it "The Wanderers 2: Adventurous Romps in El-Hazard".  

Why "just"? =) These series are, sometimes, really really good. Its debatable if, say, Full Metal Fumoffu is worse than Full Metal Panic - many say its better. And it has NO story and is just "wacky wacko adventures of Sousuke and his girlfriend, pardon, his friend XD

I admit, sometimes such continuations just suck, but if the writers have any competence(as in, say, not sucking like a certain Alternative World Author group who probably ran away after writing the first episode) that won't happen. Its easier to do wacky one shots instead of a big plot. You could do an OVA like that, especially since Wanderers does not have the huge problem  of, well, Ifurita and Makoto = lovers seperated by time and space.

Eeek, warm welcome. I am embarassed. Especially by Dookis outburst. Dooki, weren't you rather a friend of Shoujo-ai? ^^'
atleast thats what my computer said today when searching for this site in google >=3

And spanner, remember, crying demon gods blow stuff up XD Anyhow, I agree. The only fanfic I ever planned to write would end with that, not start. Never got to write it, though, I guess people would hate Iffy's appearance.

Anyhow, yes, Dooky, I think everyone has accepted that there will be no more EH - in fact, some probably argue that its for the better *bites evil people of Alternative World bitebitebittibibite*

MrWhat
Demon God(ess)

He's so excitingly bold!

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2003, 07:33:25 pm »

Happily enough, I just had my long-needed El-Hazard marathon yesterday (a state holiday).  OVA1 + OVA2 + Alt World non-stop, from about 9:30 a.m. to about 8:30 p.m.

I usually play subs, but I ran the dubs this time, partly because I was working on other things at the same time, and partly because I was sort-of researching for fan fiction.

Anyway, OVA2 and Alt World actually seemed better than I remembered them.  Although, every time Gilda talked about her plans in Alt World, I found myself shouting out loud to nobody, "WHAT plans!?  The Alternative World has no plan!!"
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2003, 08:18:39 pm »

I'd agree on the OVA thing. Honestly, its really pathetic that they even tried to further the Tenchi syndrome in Alternative world(I so hate that show XD). Shayla should get over Makoto just as everyone else should.
Save Ifurita of course. That is, the OVA one.

And let us not forget Jinnai. <3

... Hi, I'm Xel. :3

Alexei-chan! (Glomps Alexei in an inappropraitely yaoi outburst) It's been so long...

...w00t.

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars &amp; Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2003, 11:19:56 pm »

AIC still has the rights? If I remember correctly, didn't that go to someone else? or was that Tenchi?

Welcome to EHOL, tvifurita! AIC is the studio that created El Hazard, therefore they totally 0wnZ it, yes. What you may be thinking of is Tenchi Muyo GXP and Pioneer LDC. Pioneer LDC (and their American counterpart Pioneer USA) was the distributor for the Tenchi Muyo franchise. For reasons that were never quite clear, AIC and VAP did not work with Pioneer LDC on GXP (I'm not sure who's distributing OVA3). I don't know who released it in Japan, but that's the reason that GXP is being released over here by FUNimation, and not Pioneer USA.

Now, I've no idea how I'm going to cope when Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu finishes next year...

Speaking of, I just finished the TV series. And although I absolutely loved it, I was kinda miffed that they just ended it so abruptly with so many loose ends. Does the OVA finish things up? And where can I find the OVA anyway?

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines