Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:31:47 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Does anyone have this track?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Does anyone have this track?  (Read 4048 times)
executor82
« on: October 21, 2003, 07:21:32 pm »

I googled the entire net for that darn BGM of El Hazard - Alternative world! It is heard at the scene when Makoto and Nanami arrive in Cretaria in Ep. 3. (that's actually the scene I ripped it from  :P)

http://www.free.pages.at/executor82/misc/EHAW.zip

I already looked up in the Soundtrack section, but the Alternative World OST doesn't contain it! And I didn't find it anywhere else. (In fact There where some tracks I couldn't download. Dead link??) :-/

I'd like to have a proper version of that track.

Does anybody have it?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2003, 07:27:34 pm by executor82 » Logged
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 07:41:03 pm »

You know, it's a funny story.  Rob ripped that track before, and I guess he just forgot about it.

Well, it's not in there, so it could be put up.  Rob will make his decision when he gets home.

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 08:30:32 pm »

Well, it's not in there, so it could be put up.  Rob will make his decision when he gets home.

No need to.  My copy is no better than that one, unfortunately.  Yes, many good songs in Wanderers and Alternative World never made official soundtrack release.

P.S.  Executor82 ... If you don't find the track here, it doesn't exist.  I mean, with the rips of the 6CD soundtrack and everything else, I have literally every single track ever produced for El-Hazard that made it to soundtrack.

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2003, 09:54:33 pm »

Sounds the same with me looking for one track from EL-HAZARD OVA2 it plays when Ifurita 2 and Makoto are flying through the Trigger of destruction I only have it with the soundeffects and voices over the top of it shame as I really like it

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2003, 11:06:52 pm »

Yeah, that one wasn't soundtracked either.  I like it too.  :P  But it's more like cause it sounds "boss of the game"-ish, and I have a kick of applying BGMs to video game type scenarios.  Some facet of me, don't worry about it.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2003, 11:07:28 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2003, 11:38:31 pm »

That's what I love about the Escaflowne movie DVD, it has a seperate audio track with just the music alone! It's an extra bonus, since some of the music used in the movie doesn't appear on the "official" soundtrack CD.  ^^;

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2003, 12:05:50 am »

Yeah, I wish El-Hazard had something like that.  The closest thing is taking advantage of the fact that 5.1 sound -- not available on anything other than the original OAV, unfortunately -- typically carries the primary voices on the "Center" channel... if you listen in on all channels but, you typically can get background noise or BGMs, depending on how its wired.  It works for BTTF and El-Hazard at least!  I still have a few private MP3s that at least have sections of unreleased music via that method, including some of the more interesting theme variations played at different parts of the show.

Tsukasa
Bugrom Forces

Illregular Hunter

AOL Instant Messenger - NikBzero Yahoo Instant Messenger - Zerotoleranceex
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2003, 09:21:02 pm »

Just wondering if the file I have of the OVA2 music would be liked for this site? though it has the voices on it the music can be heard clearly

"I know that laugh and it's not a happy one....."

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2003, 09:47:49 pm »

Yeah, I wish El-Hazard had something like that.  The closest thing is taking advantage of the fact that 5.1 sound -- not available on anything other than the original OAV, unfortunately -- typically carries the primary voices on the "Center" channel... if you listen in on all channels but, you typically can get background noise or BGMs, depending on how its wired.  It works for BTTF and El-Hazard at least!  I still have a few private MP3s that at least have sections of unreleased music via that method, including some of the more interesting theme variations played at different parts of the show.

Ah yes, you mean Jinnai's Magnificent 5.1? That was pretty creative.   ;)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2003, 09:48:38 pm by saucer » Logged

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2003, 10:42:21 pm »

Ah yes, you mean Jinnai's Magnificent 5.1? That was pretty creative.   ;)

Correct, although I took it down now.  Many of the ones I caught ended up in the 6CD distro.  Others were pretty fractionalized.  Ultimately I've decided that I'll just hold onto those (and a few I never even put up) and just use them in my personal productions since they're only good in edited-use form.

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2003, 11:48:33 pm »

With me, it almost never fails. I rip a track from the game or DVD audio because I think I'll never find it. Then the next day I stumble across it online. ^^;

tvifurita
Dimension Traveler

Waaaa~~~aah! What is this..???? ~Help...

AOL Instant Messenger - TVIfurita
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2003, 11:40:23 am »

Yeah, that one wasn't soundtracked either.  I like it too.  :P  But it's more like cause it sounds "boss of the game"-ish, and I have a kick of applying BGMs to video game type scenarios.  Some facet of me, don't worry about it.

Hehe thats so understandable. I do the same =D

THats why I ripped the above song. Loved it too, tho sadly, obviously it has voices >_< Its really annoying that the audio is on the same line as the BGM - normal tho. Its sad that songs are missing. EH is pretty unique there I think, only Spiral had one song missing, so far O.o'''

Evil is about being nice!

Cleaning Cleaning! Fix Fix! Cleaning Cleaning!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines