Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:12:11 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Mini Confirm-Or-Kill (Saucer maybe?)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Mini Confirm-Or-Kill (Saucer maybe?)  (Read 8755 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2003, 10:53:08 pm »

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2003, 11:09:42 pm »

IFURITA! How many times must I tell you not to go flying around in your underwear while waving that big phallic thing around? It's not very dignified...

Just a bit of humor, Rob ol' boy. Take it easy. *pat-pat*

Um... did Saucer just grab Rob's butt?!!  XO

I Care Deep
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2003, 11:16:25 pm »

IFURITA! How many times must I tell you not to go flying around in your underwear while waving that big phallic thing around? It's not very dignified...

"Okay, master, I can do it without the underwear instead!"

Yes.  It was very nice too.

Argh, I'm spamming my own topic.  ;p
« Last Edit: October 18, 2003, 11:16:52 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Kathy Guinea
Demon God(ess)

Magnetman is attractive.

ICQ Messenger - 148429211 AOL Instant Messenger - Kathy+Guinea
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2003, 02:58:38 am »

Argh, I'm spamming my own topic.  ;p

Lovely Spaaam! Wonderful Spaaam!
Lovely Spaaam! Wonderful Spam.

Spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am.
Spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am.
Spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am.
Spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am.

Lovely Spaaam! (Lovely Spam!)
Lovely Spaaam! (Lovely Spam!)
Lovely Spaaam!

Spaaam, Spaaam, Spaaam, Spaaaaaam!

Little Rock lights the way... or maybe he's just leading us to a firey death. Meh, either way...

Netto:
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2003, 05:03:58 am »

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

**throws a barrel over Ifurita, hiding her nudityness**

How many times must I tell you? Naked is BAD. Clothing is our FRIEND.  

Now put your clothes on you idiot!

I Care Deep
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars & Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2003, 10:10:48 pm »

w00t! Where the heck did ya find that Rob?! It's TV Ifurita dressed as Lum from Urusei Yatsura (not to be confused with the Scottish punk band by the same name)! Very nice! I'm still trying to figure out the club, which is out of character for Lum. Although, the club is usually the weapon of choice for an Oni (Japanese ogre). And Lum is an alien Oni princess after all. But I digress.......

Um... did Lord God Jinnai just make a reference to Night at the Roxbury?!! ;D

Hmmmm........... naw she looks better in the Lum bikini! ;D

Yes.  It was very nice too.

Hush, Robbie-kins. We muthent let anyone in on our thecret!!!

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2003, 10:23:03 pm »

Well.  Hard to say, but I suspect that the Ifurita being clothed at all was an after-effect to someone's hentai.  That is, the site displaying the clothed version couldn't allow nudity or something.  I don't know that for sure.  But maybe.

Either way, you've answered my question about an NES ROM I've had for some good time... specifically, "Okay, that's not REALLY 'Sailor Moon' as the site called it, but who IS it??"

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2003, 10:46:10 pm »

Well.  Hard to say, but I suspect that the Ifurita being clothed at all was an after-effect to someone's hentai.  That is, the site displaying the clothed version couldn't allow nudity or something.  I don't know that for sure.  But maybe.

Either way, you've answered my question about an NES ROM I've had for some good time... specifically, "Okay, that's not REALLY 'Sailor Moon' as the site called it, but who IS it??"

:o There was an Urusei Yatsura game for NES?! ::has a fanboy spazz::

While we're on the subject, let me explain briefly. While not her first manga, Urusei Yatsura was manga-ka Rumiko Takahashi's (Ranma 1/2, Maison Ikkoku, Inu-Yasha) first really success work and the one that put her on the map. It's the story of Ataru Moroboshi, the crown prince of anime lechers and Lum the alien princess. Lum's father, Mr Invader, comes to earth and proposes an invasion. In order to stave off this invasion, one chosen individual (Ataru) has to catch Lum. What Ataru doesn't realize is, after he has caught Lum he is now engaged to marry her. Lum can fly, produce powerful electrical shock, and is very, very jealous of her "Darling's" wandering eyes. Needless to say, hilarity ensues. Urusei Yatsura not only contains tons of references to folktales about Oni (ogres) but other Japanese folktales and mythical creatures like Tengu (crow-people). The manga was made into a TV anime series just shy of 200 episodes, 6 movies and 11 OVAs!

Interesting that they dressed TV Iffy in Lum's outfit. She always reminded me of Lum, the way she sort of hovers slowly everywhere she goes, rather than walking.

Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2003, 11:01:18 pm »

The manga was made into a TV anime series just shy of 200 episodes, 6 movies and 11 OVAs!

Glad and sad I don't have to buy that.  Glad because I couldn't possibly afford it at any decent rate.  Sad because I like having stuff to look forward to buying.  Let's face it; I've pretty much bought El-Hazard for all its worth.  I've got some VHS tapes and a Wanderers LD 6 on the way, but it's not like it's something new.  

Neil Lafrenais
Demon God(ess)

Lovely Runey

AOL Instant Messenger - Neil+Lafrenais
View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2003, 06:32:48 am »

;) Guys, trying to get Rob to watch Tenchi is like draining blood from a stone.

I've been trying for YEARS to get him to watch the Hayashi directed 1st OAV (aka, the only outstanding one).

Maximum boobage!!
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2003, 09:29:14 am »

I've been trying for YEARS to get him to watch the Hayashi directed 1st OAV (aka, the only outstanding one).

Be fair.  This site has only been around maybe 1 1/2 years, and that's the only amount of time we've been in contact in this manner, not "YEARS".  ;p

Anyway, isn't Washu voiced by the same VA as Shayla in the English Dub?  (Or am I confusing the Japanese one...)  Simple things like that will make me concider buying it.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2003, 09:30:11 am by rob_jinnai » Logged

Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2003, 10:00:31 am »

I don't really want to get into any other series at the moment due to semi-strict financial reasons.  No chance anyone actually owns TiT (ooh, bad ancro') and has a method to video clip either of the said situations?  ;p  ... mur ...

Erm, I DID say I'd get these screencaps for you. In the very post that you quoted, in fact. -_- Which KINDA implies that I own the series (though, I guess, not necessarily). As for actual video clips, I'll see what I can do. Before my computer crashed, I'd FINALLY managed to figure out what eldrich rituals were required to get my video card's perplexing video capture function to work. Now, though, pretty much everything's been reset to zero, again, and we'll have to see how much I can recall.

I own TiT on VHS tape. In spite of my harsh dismissal of it earlier, I actually kinda sorta liked it. As long as I tried NOT to think of it as a Tenchi release, and think of it instead as an independent story on its own. It was the only way that I could stand the way that the entire cast's personalities and characters were BUTCHERED. XO

Anyway, isn't Washu voiced by the same VA as Shayla in the English Dub?  (Or am I confusing the Japanese one...)  Simple things like that will make me concider buying it.  ;)

No, but if the lore is to be believed, IFURITA is voiced by the same VA as Washu in the English dub. They sound quite different, though, so either K. T. Vogt is very versatile, or the lore is wrong. I'm quite willing to believe either way.

The 1337 poster
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2003, 10:09:37 am »

Erm, I DID say I'd get these screencaps for you. In the very post that you quoted, in fact. -_-

O_o ... how'd I meeseet... sorry, Spanner.  I get weird about things when they're still a brand-new novelty.  :P

As long as I tried NOT to think of it as a Tenchi release, and think of it instead as an independent story on its own. It was the only way that I could stand the way that the entire cast's personalities and characters were BUTCHERED. XO

That's the way to go about it, man.  When a new series comes out that screws over the others, just think it's an alternate universe or something.

No, but if the lore is to be believed, IFURITA is voiced by the same VA as Washu in the English dub. They sound quite different, though, so either K. T. Vogt is very versatile, or the lore is wrong. I'm quite willing to believe either way.

Hmm.  I knew it was something like that.  Well, I dunno.  I was using it as a base example.  I'm still not convinced to buy Tenchi.  :P  I saw episode 1 via Neil and ... it just didn't grab me.  And El-Hazard grabbed me from the Habba Habba Zoot Zoot music video which eludes NOTHING.  So ... there's power lacking here.

Neil Lafrenais
Demon God(ess)

Lovely Runey

AOL Instant Messenger - Neil+Lafrenais
View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2003, 06:49:15 pm »

It doesn't really help that I sent you the first episode in the form of a shitty 16mb RM either. Now that I have cable, maybe I'll encode a 150mb avi or something.

[leans back] Mm. I suppose the big problem with Tenchi Muyo! Ryoohki is all the REALLY good stuff happens in the second half of the 6 episodes. For example, episode 4 has become some what of an animé classic, with the [SPOILERS] whole bath house scene. It's definitely what got me hooked to the series. And, of course, the final 2 episodes is action-packed space adventure all the way [/SPOILERS].

Then, of course, they had to cash cow it like mad... ;p

Maximum boobage!!
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2003, 09:22:07 pm »

Glad and sad I don't have to buy that.  Glad because I couldn't possibly afford it at any decent rate.  Sad because I like having stuff to look forward to buying.  Let's face it; I've pretty much bought El-Hazard for all its worth.  I've got some VHS tapes and a Wanderers LD 6 on the way, but it's not like it's something new.  

Weeeeellllllllll.... AnimEigo is letting the VHS tapes go for $9.98 a piece, four eps per tape. Did I mention there were 25 volumes? ^^;;;;

As far as Tenchi goes Rob, I highly recommend you check out the first TV series; known as Tenchi Universe in english. As an El Hazard fan, I really think you'll enjoy it much more than the OVA. Sure, Hayashi was on the staff of the first OVA production. But the TV series is a much tighter, much more complete and solid story. Just like the first El Hazard OVA. The TM OVAs are good for laughs, but they just seem to random and loosely organized when compared to TM TV. Of course, I saw the TV series before I saw the OVAs, so it kind of upped my expectations. I went into the OVA thinking I was going to get something comparable to the El Hazard OVA. Alas, it was something quite different.

If and when you're ready to plunk down the bread for this series though, you're probably better off finding it on eBay or buy.com or something. Otherwise, expect to pay up to $180 if you get it from somewhere like amazon.com  ^^;

EDIT: Another series I think you'd really enjoy (and you wouldn't actually have to buy it) is Scrapped Princess. If you have a spare 4GB on your harddrive, and the patience to download 24 episodes then the venture is totally worth your time. The series starts of seemingly like a fantasy anime, but then evolves into something a bit different. Yes, a bit of a fantasy/science fiction corssover like El Hazard. And Shizu is very much like Ifurita in her situation. If you're keen on snapping it up before it gets licensed (recommended), you can get the entire series in a pack on Bit Torrent from http://a.scarywater.net/akeep/ or individual eps from http://www.h3r0.net/torrent.shtml
« Last Edit: October 20, 2003, 09:31:26 pm by saucer » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines