Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:49:41 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Forums are now for historical use only. Thanks for the memories years ago!

+  El-Hazard Online
|-+  General
| |-+  El-Hazard Online (Moderator: Icy EyeG)
| | |-+  Mini Confirm-Or-Kill (Saucer maybe?)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Mini Confirm-Or-Kill (Saucer maybe?)  (Read 9321 times)
Captain Southbird (EHOL Creator)
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« on: October 17, 2003, 07:05:41 pm »

I remember once a long time ago I heard someone tell me of two El-Hazard references in other animes.  I can't remember specifics like which animes or what happened when these references were made.  >_<  I just thought of them recently and wanted to know if anyone else had heard of either...

* A young girl (?) claiming Katsuhiko Jinnai is her cousin
* Mr. Fujisawa walking in on a scene

There you have it...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2003, 07:06:18 pm by rob_jinnai » Logged

Dub vs. Sub, let's keep quiet about it.
rowan_a._seven
Demon God(ess)

Demon Gods - as dangerous as they are cute.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 08:17:32 pm »

Both of those references apply to Tenchi spin-offs.  Jinnai's cousin is a regular character in "Magical Project S" who apparently plans on conquering the world with her cousin.  ;D  Her  name is Konoha Haida, and if you go to this site http://magicalproject.pioneeranimation.com/ and look under "Main Characters" you'll find her described as:

Egotistical and mean-spirited, Konoha is one of Sasami's classmates. She often causes trouble for Misao and Sasami at school. Konoha also has a big crush on the unwilling Hiroto Majima, and tries her best to get his attention.

Now, it's never actually stated that Jinnai is her cousin, but the laughing Jinnai apparition with the black bar covering his eyes that appears behind her when she informs Mihoshi-sensei of her intention to conquer the world seems to make that family connection a foregone conclusion.

Also of note is another one of Sasami's classmates called Eimi Date who, in my opinion, bears a remarkable resemblance to child Nanami.

As for Mr. Fujisawa, I believe he's Tenchi's teacher in "Tenchi in Tokyo" and, according to this website http://www.unitedanime.com/nnhp/fujisawa.htm he even has a line.  
« Last Edit: October 17, 2003, 08:29:10 pm by rowan_a._seven » Logged
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2003, 09:33:38 pm »

Ah, excellent.  If anyone actually owns these Tenchis and could get me a screenshot of either or both, you'll be my hero.   ^^;

Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2003, 03:57:22 am »

Yes, indeed. In Tenchi in Tokyo, Mr. Fujisawa really is Tenchi's college proffessor. I believe he appeared in two or three episodes, and even remarked when Tenchi disappeared: "Gee, he must have fallen into the Magnificent World."

Alas, that was the best part of Tenchi in Tokyo... the rest of the show wanted me to commit multiple murders on multiple people.

I Care Deep
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2003, 08:27:22 am »

Wargh.  I want to SEE this.  But I don't want to have to go out and buy this.  *googles*

Ha ha HA!  There's a crappy shot of him.
http://www.el-hazardonline.net/El-Hazard/temp/rob/cap029.jpeg

Man, almost makes me want to buy a little Tenchi in Tokyo simply for the reference.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2003, 08:27:35 am by rob_jinnai » Logged

Spanner
Demon God(ess)

Here to make friends and destroy stuff!

AOL Instant Messenger - NeoSpanner
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2003, 12:39:08 pm »

Wargh.  I want to SEE this.  But I don't want to have to go out and buy this.  *googles*

Ha ha HA!  There's a crappy shot of him.
http://www.el-hazardonline.net/El-Hazard/temp/rob/cap029.jpeg

Man, almost makes me want to buy a little Tenchi in Tokyo simply for the reference.

Well, I wouldn't recommend buying Tenchi in Tokyo (because it sucks), but Magical Project S is really, really hilarious. :D If you're at all a fan of Tenchi Muyo, and particularly of Sasami, this is well-worth purchasing (especially since you can get the whole series dirt cheap in two collections).

I have both, and I'll try to get quality screenshots of the characters for you, but it may be a while - I'm SOOO busy this weekend...

Incidently, when Fujisawa speaks his line in the dub of Tenchi in Tokyo, it is clear that they weren't able to get the original voice actor (his name escapes me at the moment). The hilarious thing, though, is I could swear that the voice that they DID use is Makoto's voice. Just imagine dub Makoto trying to imitate dub Fujisawa. Not a pretty thought, is it? It's even LESS pretty to listen to. ;D

The 1337 poster
Tim needs time to work it out
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

It will take time...

AOL Instant Messenger - TJSOnL1985
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2003, 12:51:25 pm »

...So we have Eddie Friar (Christy Mathewson) imitating Michael Sorich half-assed?

That's not a good thought.

I do not know who to blame more...

My crapola mouse that needs to double click on everything... except when I need it to...

Or the new and more "convenient" version of PowerDVD (which will NOT let you take a darn picture fo
Lord God Jinnai
Demon God(ess)

In this house, I'm the man.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2003, 01:30:50 pm »

Well, for the dub, I heard that they did have the Micheal Sorich in the cast. For some reason, though, they didn't have him voicing Fujisawa, but one of the students. They then had Ed Friar voice Fujisawa...  ???  I guess they were trying some sort of bizzare inside-joke.

Sure, it makes no sense, but then again neither did most of Tenchi in Tokyo.

I Care Deep
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2003, 07:08:07 pm »

Well, I wouldn't recommend buying Tenchi in Tokyo (because it sucks), but Magical Project S is really, really hilarious. :D

I don't really want to get into any other series at the moment due to semi-strict financial reasons.  No chance anyone actually owns TiT (ooh, bad ancro') and has a method to video clip either of the said situations?  ;p  ... mur ...

theravenisdead
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2003, 07:12:17 pm »

Good ol' AIC, crossover-ing their anime with references to other animes  ;D

Now all we need is for Shayla to arrive on Earth as a fellow pirate & friend of Ryoko's in OAV 3  ::) ^_^V
« Last Edit: October 18, 2003, 07:13:10 pm by theravenisdead » Logged
executor82
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2003, 08:21:32 pm »

Now all we need is for Shayla to arrive on Earth as a fellow pirate & friend of Ryoko's in OAV 3  

You're damn right! They would be the perfect team! GO SHAYLA! GO RYOKO!!!  ;D
Xel
Demon God(ess)

now he dead from coke

AOL Instant Messenger - Hojosama
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2003, 08:38:11 pm »

You're damn right! They would be the perfect team! GO SHAYLA! GO RYOKO!!!  ;D

Pfft. Fanboys.

*goes back to her exhaustive search of Jinnai/Makoto yaoi*

Sexpot. Despot. Jinnai.
Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars &amp; Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2003, 10:18:13 pm »

Why does everybody always bunk on Shin Tenchi Muyo? You guys are tools. YOUKAI BUSTAS!!! SPACE POLICE POLICEMAN!!!

Shin TM also had a cameo by Ryo and Yuji from Burn Up W/X. Cameos with-in AIC works are quite common. Kiyonne from Tenchi Muyo, Misao and Ramia from Pretty Sammy can be spotted briefly at the end of Dual Parallel Trouble Adventure.

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Administrator
Demon God(ess)

EHOL Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2003, 10:22:24 pm »

Pfft. Fanboys.

*goes back to her exhaustive search of Jinnai/Makoto yaoi*

Har.  Y'know, if there was any to be found, we'll probably be the first to find it.  :P  (see latest two updates...)

Cameos with-in AIC works are quite common

I'm not "bunking" on anything, Mr. Saucer.  But I am entirely interested in the cameos of El-Hazard characters only because of my profession.  :P

Saucer
Demon God(ess)

Girls, Cars &amp; Loud Guitars

AOL Instant Messenger - djsaucerman
View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2003, 10:46:34 pm »

I'm not "bunking" on anything, Mr. Saucer.  But I am entirely interested in the cameos of El-Hazard characters only because of my profession.  :P

Just a bit of humor, Rob ol' boy. Take it easy. *pat-pat*

Let's go, Red Raccoon Dogs!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines